X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Makedonin,

You don't even know the Macedonian word for Macedonia (I believe you use Маќедониа or Мќедониа - http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...9503#post89503), so spare us the lesson in Greek.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      Why does it need to tell us anything about the physical universe full stop? When did the Bible claim to be a science book? What relevance does your question have?

The Bible reveals God to us and what He wants from us. Any additional information about the physical universe is incidental to the main theme.
      I think its important TV because GS was quite definitive in his belief that God created everything, that it's impossible for something to come from 'nothing' (Big Bang Theory). Today we have a reasonable understanding of our physical universe (beyond Earth) that I find it unusual that the Bible fails to mention any of these matters...

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
        I think its important TV because GS was quite definitive in his belief that God created everything, that it's impossible for something to come from 'nothing' (Big Bang Theory). Today we have a reasonable understanding of our physical universe (beyond Earth) that I find it unusual that the Bible fails to mention any of these matters...
        Again, WHY does it need to mention anything in relation to the physical universe at all - its not a science book.

P.S. No cosmologist accepts that the Big Bang came from nothing. They simply accept that they cannot explain their own theory.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonin
          • Sep 2008

Makedonin, try again.
          Pretending to have the upper hand. Laughable.
          Do you know where/when the flat earth theory orginated? Do you know who/when promoted it?
          It is not relevant who originated it, most probably human ignorance. That is dodge and irrelevant assertion. What matters is weather the Bible had divine inspired cosmological knowledge, or weather it joined the ignorance of the age.

The later is true.
          The Hebrew cosmos was three-storied: the sky, or heaven, above; the flat earth beneath; and, under that, Sheol, the abode of the departed. In this regard, primitive Greek and Hebrew conceptions were practically unanimous, and Sheol in the Old Testament was of one piece with Hades in Homer’s poems.
          A Guide to Understanding the Bible by Harry Emerson Fosdick
          So the real point is that the Bible did not knew it better, thus it's divine inspiration is nothing more than the divine inspiration of all ancient religions and their offered cosmologies.

If the Bible did not know it, why are we to believe it when human creation or creation of the universe for that matter is concerned?

Of course, we find those of your camp who are trying to reinterpret Biblical passages to fit modern cosmological knowledge. However, history shows that they are only doing poor job, since Church in particular was historical adherent of this flat earth view.

Galileo was convicted out of this reasons:
          This Holy Tribunal being therefore of intention to proceed against the disorder and mischief thence resulting, which went on increasing to the prejudice of the Holy Faith, by command of His Holiness and of the Most Eminent Lords Cardinals of this supreme and universal Inquisition, the two propositions of the stability of the Sun and the motion of the Earth were by the theological Qualifiers qualified as follows:

The proposition that the Sun is the center of the world
          and does not move from its place is absurd and false philosophically and formally heretical, because it is expressly contrary to Holy Scripture.

The proposition that the Earth is not the center of the world and immovable but that it moves, and also with a diurnal motion, is equally absurd and false philosophically and theologically considered at least erroneous in faith.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/project...demnation.html
          Last edited by makedonin; 07-11-2011, 04:37 AM.
          To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• makedonin
            • Sep 2008

Makedonin,

You don't even know the Macedonian word for Macedonia (I believe you use Маќедониа or Мќедониа - http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...9503#post89503), so spare us the lesson in Greek.

Vangelovski, that is desperate petty attempt of yours to discredit anything.

I gave you the links of Greek dictionary that are given for interlinear study of the Bible.

So I don't have to know Greek at all. It is all there.

So tell me, is that contradiction or not when fear is concerned?

I would say flat one to that.

Further more it shows only that your religious belief is based on fear.

Scaremongering, also nothing new for you and the likes of you.

Again, WHY does it need to mention anything in relation to the physical universe at all - its not a science book.
            Let your fellow creationist explain it to you:

Ernan McMullin has pointed out, Christian doctrines are more than metaphysics and codes for moral conduct; they are also cosmic claims that say something about the universe and what it contains of things. For this reason theologians need to pay attention to cosmology in particular and to science in general.
            Have nice day now. I have to work.
            Last edited by makedonin; 07-11-2011, 04:33 AM.
            To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

makedonin people think that god is a god of fear ..But god is also a god of love & forgiveness & mercy.When one sees the reality its amazing the reason god is called the father.God the father does not want & fear &dread .Jesus came & revealed a loving father instead because people misinterpreted god.Jesus amplified god.God is the god who is exceeding in all things,love mercy forgiveness.etc.So once again you underestimate good you just assess god with your own puny thoughts.God is far greater than we can think up on.Think of the vastness of the universe then think of god.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

P.S. No cosmologist accepts that the Big Bang came from nothing. They simply accept that they cannot explain their own theory.
                Granted, it's not a science book...it's a perfect example of a zeitgeist work, limited by the lack of knowledge of the physical universe of the period...
                Last edited by Phoenix; 07-11-2011, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

phoenix science does not still know how matter was created.The jury is still out .It probably won't as they are hunting for the god particle.Which proves that the ways to a man that are wise are foolish with god.Do you really think god is going to let man know his handiwork & how he made it.As man does not rely on god & trusts himself for knowledge man will lead himself offguard & produce undesirable effects eg atomic bombs perhaps develop blackholes etc etc.Whatever man has touched man is trying to mimic god & instead unleashes destructive powers.
                  If man trys to live by science alone man will ultimately destroy himself & if man denies existence of god god will punish man for his non beleif.
                  If man worships & comes to know & understand god & does the right thing well we should expect blessings on him & eventual eternal life.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

The bible doesn't answer every question man has but it is a foundational stone to know who or what god is the rest comes from forming a relationship with god.It isn't a blind experience with an impersonal god.YOu are talking here of the real god of the universe he wants areal personal relationship with you & it's a meaningfull one.I think obedience to gods ways & not mans is the answer.God knows what we need even before we ask him.God knows everything.I'm telling you god is all caring,he loves us very much & he does not wan't us to be misled about him.So whenever you talk of god you have to revere his power for he is god& also he is a mercifull god.most of all he is a god of love.
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                      Granted, it's not a science book...it's a perfect example of a zeitgeist work, limited by the lack of knowledge of the physical universe of the period...
                      That doesn't even make sense. You could say that the Bible does not mention the internet, but so what? Why would it? It was written for a specific purpose (which has been gone over and over) and for the audience of the day. If it made a whole bunch of revelations that nobody understood for 3000 years, what would be the point? Though, using exegesis, we can understand it now because we have an understanding of the history, culture, politics, literature etc of that period.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Makedonin,

You are a confused individual. Are you unable to even attempt to defend your own evolutionist belief system...or do you just like chasing the unicorn?

Either way, I think this thread as absorbed enough BS for now.

Comment

Working...
                        X