X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

ABECEDAR: Macedonian Language Primer - 1925

The Library of the Hellenic Parliament up until recently noted the Macedonian language book ABECEDAR as Macedonian but under pressure from the Greek press and Diaspora organizations they had the reference of Macedonian removed from their website. The website was taken off the Internet for approximately 7 days.

The website:
    Code:
    http://catalog.parliament.gr
    Here is what the website looked like on April 4th 2010:

Here is the message visitors were greeted with when they were erasing every Macedonian reference in regards to the ABECEDAR:
    Service Temporarily Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    And here is what the website looked like on April 13th 2010:

Here is the book that the Greeks are trying to hide:

The Macedonian-language primer entitled Abecedar, which was published in Athens in 1925 as a result of recognition of Macedonian ethnic minority after the World War I.

The Abecedar, featuring the letters of the Macedonian language spoken in the Aegean part of Macedonia, was printed in Latin alphabet as Greek authorities wanted to make a distinction between the Macedonian, Serbian and Bulgarian language.

In 1920 the League of Nations initiated the signing of treaties relating to the protection of the minorities in a number of European countries, which specified the obligations of the states with regard to providing such minorities with civil and political equality. On August 10, 1920 such a treaty for the protection of the non-Greek ethnic minorities in Greece was signed between the Great Powers and Greece; it was named the Treaty of Sevres. The Treaty of Sevres guaranteed that minorities in Greece free use of their mother tongue in their personal and official relations.

The Abecedar never reached the Macedonian children, it was only used as proof by the Greek government towards the Great Powers that they had fulfilled their obligation set in the Treaty of Sevres, most books were later burned.
    Here are some examples from the book:

To read the complete book please click HERE!
    The book is a PDF-file.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Thank you Daskalot.
    Greeks have been erasing anything Macedonian for the last 80 years and beyond.
    Still, it is still shocking to see the Metaxas ideology perpetuating.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

It is the classic maneuver, ridiculous.

I wonder what our dear friend JohnMKD has to say about this.......
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• osiris
        • Sep 2008

another example of how hollow the griechenlanders arguments are.

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Spolaj Ti Daskale

Excellent Topic
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• johnMKD
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
            It is the classic maneuver, ridiculous.

I wonder what our dear friend JohnMKD has to say about this.......
            What I have to say? Only one word: WOW!!!

I had no idea about the existence of this book. I've already downloaded from your link and started to read it. This is indeed the language my grandparents were speaking!!! Pieces are starting to fit in my puzzle now. Thanks a lot Daskalot for this.
            Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

John, you might be surprises to learn that the dialect of this book strays from the standard literary Macedonian language to the tune of about 1% and is absolutely mutually intelligible amongst all Macedonians. I will also make a dramatic statement here and suggest some naive Aegean Macedonians may in fact suggest some of the words sound a little "Yugo" in the Abecedar. A silly statement given it was written in the exact speech of 100 years ago in the region. Which shows how much the modern Greeks have tried to destroy the Macedonians of Greece over the last 100 years. So much of the nuances of the Macedonian language have been diluted in Egej over the last 100 years,
              Risto the Great

Comment

• johnMKD
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                John, you might be surprises to learn that the dialect of this book strays from the standard literary Macedonian language to the tune of about 1% and is absolutely mutually intelligible amongst all Macedonians. I will also make a dramatic statement here and suggest some naive Aegean Macedonians may in fact suggest some of the words sound a little "Yugo" in the Abecedar. A silly statement given it was written in the exact speech of 100 years ago in the region. Which shows how much the modern Greeks have tried to destroy the Macedonians of Greece over the last 100 years. So much of the nuances of the Macedonian language have been diluted in Egej over the last 100 years,
                This is amazing. I've started also reading the History thread, as suggested. It's quite a good job you're doing here guys, providing evidence with what you state. However, there's a lot of stuff and for sure I cannot go through everything in one or two days. I'll definitely be around though to read all of it.

PS- It's really exciting to recognise a lot of known but forgotten by me words in the Abecedar (used by my grandparents). Do you guys have anything else in learning Macedonian in an electronic form? I'd be really interested in learning at least the basics.
                Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Onur
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
                  This is amazing. I've started also reading the History thread, as suggested. It's quite a good job you're doing here guys, providing evidence with what you state.

Yes, This was the first thing i noticed when i saw this forum. Most threads includes documents and evidences which is quite nice...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                    Yes, This was the first thing i noticed when i saw this forum. Most threads includes documents and evidences which is quite nice...
                    Onur, we are committed to revealing as much information as possible about Macedonians here on the MTO forum. Very few have done this in English in the past and this is why we have made such rapid progress as a website known for its integrity.

Anything you can do with the Ottoman archives in relation to Macedonia will be appreciated.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
                      What I have to say? Only one word: WOW!!!

I had no idea about the existence of this book. I've already downloaded from your link and started to read it. This is indeed the language my grandparents were speaking!!! Pieces are starting to fit in my puzzle now. Thanks a lot Daskalot for this.
                      Yes, well this is the Macedonian language. I guess you wasted your time trying to explain otherwise earlier? If am wrong, please show me an example of the 90% Macedonian 10% Bulgar balance you came up with in one of the paragraphs from Abecedar.

Can you?
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• johnMKD
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        Yes, well this is the Macedonian language. I guess you wasted your time trying to explain otherwise earlier? If am wrong, please show me an example of the 90% Macedonian 10% Bulgar balance you came up with in one of the paragraphs from Abecedar.

Can you?
                        I didn't say that this is what it was. I only said this is what I've been told it was by my teachers back in Greek schools. I cannot know what is and what is not Macedonian language since I'm not a native speaker.
                        Last edited by johnMKD; 04-26-2010, 05:23 AM.
                        Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

You're Greek teachers lied to you, don't take it as a suprise. If you don't know what you're talking about, then try and observe in silence first, acquire some knowledge, it will make for discussions with more substance.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• osiris
                            • Sep 2008

which greek teachers are you referring to john mkd

dont be surprised if they most likely needed to at some point in the current families history learn greek and abandon their native languages of albanian and vlach.

not only do you need to learn macedonias history johnmkd you better learn who the modern greeks really are.

Comment

• johnMKD
                              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                              which greek teachers are you referring to john mkd

dont be surprised if they most likely needed to at some point in the current families history learn greek and abandon their native languages of albanian and vlach.

not only do you need to learn macedonias history johnmkd you better learn who the modern greeks really are.
                              This is from where I've started, Osiris. The problem I can identify is that they have managed to make us believe we're all the same and that is descendants of ancient Greeks. Thank God it's been already years I stopped believing in such crap. Eighteen years ago I was in the front line in the Thessaloniki protest screaming against the "name" of ROM. Today, here I am trying to figure out what has really happened.

However, I'm sure that the teachers were just following general orders with regard to that.
                              Macedonian and proud!

Comment

Working...
                              X