• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Bad Sven
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
    1) Swiss article: https://www.nzz.ch/meinung/xhaka-und...aet-ld.1397414

Xhaka and Shaqiri lack political sensitivity

Xherdan Shaqiri and Granit Xhaka provoke the Serbian spectators with their goal celebrations. They fuel a discussion that was thought to be over, or at least tempered.

Xherdan Shaqiri and Granit Xhaka, the two most talented players of this Swiss football generation, have decided the game in Kaliningrad with two goals for their team; They have such fine feet like no one else in this selection. But their political sensitivity and social awareness are underdeveloped. They should have just talked football this evening. But they talked with their hands on goal celebrations, with a cultural code that the Serbian spectators in the stadium and on TV had to take as a provocation.

Xhaka and Shaqiri, both of Kosovar background, used their fingers to form the Albanian double-headed eagle, a nationalist gesture - and this in a game so charged that it was considered high-risk. Serbia does not have good relations with Albania. The footballers know that, too.

For days, the Swiss delegation had eluded this topic elegantly, especially the coach Vladimir Petkovic, who ignored all political undertones. His players should have held it in the field as he did. Careless the gesture was not. Xhaka wanted to acknowledge his jubilation as thanks to all the people who had always supported him. So he said it in an interview. But what the two players have actually done is this: They fuel a discussion that was thought to be over, or at least tempered. The national team suffered for several years under it. A cultural trench was pulling through the team; the showing of the Albanian double eagle was considered an expression of it.

In November 2014, the players' council of the Swiss national team therefore decided to refrain from such gestures in the future. From now on, there will be no such problems more, said Valon Behrami. Now you have to say: The sensitization work of the association has not had a lasting effect. Although no such hand signals have been made for some time now. But there is still a time when, for example, the "Weltwoche" writes that the national team is a "veteran force of foreign mercenaries with a focus on the Balkans, enriched by a few Africans".

2) Switzerland’s Granit Xhaka and Xherdan Shaqiri facing two-match ban as Fifa investigate ‘political’ goal celebrations against Serbia

Switzerland could be without their two goalscorers from the 2-1 win over Serbia for Wednesday’s pivotal Group E clash with Costa Rica

URL:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8414211.html
    lol balkan people are so dumb, specially the low IQ inbred albanians.

They leave their shit tip backward countries to start a new better life in a different country yet they bring their troubles with them and cause trouble in these new places and refuse to assimilate.

The albanians give everyone in the balkans a bad name. Every swiss person i met hated balkan people and was shocked when i told them i had balkan heritage

Comment

• Pelagonija
      • Mar 2017

They come across as mentally retarded in those pics.

Look on the bright side, at least they are not walking around on the streets of the Balkans posing as fighters for human rights. Mentally ill people with AK47s makes for a bad combination.

I hope FIFA bans the cunts.. on another note in the same article FIFA is investigating Serb fans for wearing Mladic shirts. If they fine them then I hope they fine the poms for having a rainbow flag at the game against Panama.

Comment

• Gocka
        • Dec 2012

At least they are Albanians no matter where they go, wish we could say the same for idiot Macedonians around the world. We have Macedonians who think they are Greeks, Bulgarians, Serbians, Yugoslavians, Europeans, and now finally North Macedonians.

At least those mentally retarded dolts understand patriotism and nationalism, more than our dolts understand.

Anyway, Portugal, Spain, France to win it, with Croatia a dark horse.

I prefer Portugal only because Ronaldo deserves it. He is a beast who carries the whole team. I used to think he is a prick, but have come to admire his work ethic and leadership.

The English are going to get spanked as soon as they play a real team.

Comment

• Pelagonija
          • Mar 2017

I don’t mind Portugal either.. hopefully someone wins it who hasn’t won it before.. on current form of the usual big guns, anything is possible. Btw the Croats play with heart when they put on the jersey.. I have a lot of respect for them..

Comment

• kompir
            • Jan 2015

Now that the 10pm matches are done, my Cup nights are done
            Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

• Stojacanec
              • Dec 2009

Ronaldo is annoying to watch - sometimes. Although he is a cut above the rest, he turns on the theatrics a little to much.

Comment

• Pelagonija
                • Mar 2017

Please no Tommy Juric tonight.. rumours on the radio he’s starting.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                  Not the same without Les

Cant stand that Hrvatka and the way she pronounces names with a deliberate Croation accent. I know its SBS but fark...... she doesn't have wog things up.
                  Are you male chauvinists proud? Because of your sexist mansplaining you made an innocent girl cry on TV. She was just doing her job guys.

Apologise

Comment

• kompir
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                    Are you male chauvinists proud? Because of your sexist mansplaining you made an innocent girl cry on TV. She was just doing her job guys.

Apologise

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...26-p4znq7.html
                    I'll bet a slab that the online "criticism" of Lucy's elocution stems from one group in Australia, the ones I and many others call "keksari". Pojma nemaa regarding speaking in a manner that strays even mildly from their heavily crippled Anglicised form.
                    Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post

Apologise

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...26-p4znq7.html
                      I can't be annoyed because she is a female?
                      Don't be so sexist mate..... Its all about equality.

Craig Foster was bashed from pillar to post after what some say he was showing affection towards his daughter (well if you call fondling her nipples normal and affectionate) yet he dusted himself off and continued his normal daily life and presenting the world game on SBS.

of course this is my response only if yours was a serious one..... i can't work out which hand you used to type your response with, Your right or your repressive left
                      Last edited by Bill77; 06-26-2018, 04:43 AM.
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

There are bigger problems in the world. Macedonia might not have enough tomatoes to buy off EU officials!
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                          I can't be annoyed because she is a female? Don't be so sexist mate..... Its all about equality......of course this is my response only if yours was a serious one..... i can't work out which hand you used to type your response with, Your right or your repressive left
                          I'm pretty sure he wrote that in jest, or at least half-jokingly. But I am interesting to know, did it bother you as much when Les used to wog things up? As far as I remember he often used the relevant 'ethnic' pronunciation. How does that differ to what Lucy is doing?
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            I'm pretty sure he wrote that in jest, or at least half-jokingly. But I am interesting to know, did it bother you as much when Les used to wog things up? As far as I remember he often used the relevant 'ethnic' pronunciation. How does that differ to what Lucy is doing?
                            She's fucken annoying...she was at it again tonight...I'm with Billy...she delivers each name with a thick layer of mayonnaise...it's her annoying schtick...I wonder how good her yiddish is...lol

Comment

• Pelagonija
                              • Mar 2017

I reckon Lucy looks bloody hot tonight.. god bless her..

You guys been reading too much about Zaev and the tomato salesman of late, no good for the blood pressure, relax enjoy the football

Go the roos..

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                                She's fucken annoying...she was at it again tonight...I'm with Billy...she delivers each name with a thick layer of mayonnaise...it's her annoying schtick...I wonder how good her yiddish is...lol
                                I'll pose the same question to you also then. Did it annoy you as much when Les did the same thing?
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X