Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

yeah i was going to say the bulgarians stole our lion symbol.That's right you can allways test the look of the lion & tell if it's macedonian or not.Throughout the ages the lion was a symbol of royalty heraldry.Do you really think the lying & thieving so & so's are going to admit what they did?
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TRAVOLTA
      • Nov 2009

Nürnberg, Schedel, 1493 (2)

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

royal symbols,heraldry symbols etc all originated in macedonia the rest is just transferred & copied.What a pity some people uses our symbols & don't acknowledge it.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TRAVOLTA
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
          royal symbols,heraldry symbols etc all originated in macedonia the rest is just transferred & copied.What a pity some people uses our symbols & don't acknowledge it.
          George, give me the source of your beliefs,because I dont know what are you talking about!

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

my source is the evidence of alexander going on a royal hunts.There is quite a lot of art around depicting the royal hunt.We know the symbols of the lion was used by macedonian royalty.This is not just any lion this was the lions that roamed during alexanders time now extinct.They the macedonian lions .The ones that have that special look.All this eventually filtered down
            to other countries royalty & as they say heraldry developed in europe.The macedonian sun
            symbol 8 ray or 16 ray was used by macedonian royalty,also the double headed eagle was used by macedonian royalty.The macedonian army used certain symbols on flags & shields when in war.What i was saying the different countries simply copied them & used them in their own country without acknowledging where they came from.The evidence is macedonian royalty ie the kings used the symbols.

It is an undeniable fact that the romans copied the symbols & used them for their purposes such as the lion & eagle.A lot of the leaders of the roman empire wanted to emulate alexander as they marvelled at his achievements..
            Also when alexander died they had the gold casket designed with royalty symbols whether it be a double headed eagle,lion etc befitting of macedonian royalty.lAlso the church used & passed on these symbols.
            Last edited by George S.; 01-24-2013, 01:57 PM. Reason: ed
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TRAVOLTA
              • Nov 2009

George,what do you say about Assyrians and Sumerians?They lived long time before Alexander and they use similar simbols as Macedonians(lions,griffons,stars,16 ray star,goats,eagles)!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by TRAVOLTA View Post
                George,what do you say about Assyrians and Sumerians?They lived long time before Alexander and they use similar simbols as Macedonians(lions,griffons,stars,16 ray star,goats,eagles)!

http://www1.christiansofiraq.com/cityofnineveh.htm
                Thanks for all of your effort and hardwork Travolta. This research of yours is really coming along on this topic. As for George and his wild claims I wouldn't waste time on it as it is counter productive. Stick to what you are doing my friend. It is nice info.
                Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

I thought the topic thread reads "macedonian flags & coat of arms"

travolta thank you for asking me how come the Sumerians & assyrians used all those symbols.Well i did some studying & found that the sumerians were actually the ones moving
                  to the caspian area & thats how we got the slavic people influence.When one considers even the thracians etc as originating from the slavic peoples who were from sumeria from
                  mesopotamia.What did they bring with them symbols etc from olden times. (note the sumerians developed the cuneiform writings on tablets)I'm only concerned with macedonia how the lion became to be used as a symbol of royalty.The reason being the lion is mean't to be the king of the beasts.Alexander & other kings before him went on royal hunts.So i'm not at all surpised but i didn't think of researching from other countries.But have you notriced in macedonia there is the oldest solar rock carvings & figurines of mother earth.Symbols of the past in macedonia.When i mention slavs i don't mean the 6/7 century invasions.This is slav influence in much earlier times.TM i was only looking at it from the way royalty used those symbols & that's the macedonian royalty.Some symbols were'nt used by royalty.Samo gledav za makedonija.OH that reminds me you guys i'm not sure if anyone else mentioned but as i was reading about helarldlyetc symbols they say that a lot of symbols originated in egypt some claim to say the egyptian symbols are the oldest of them all.After all is said & done the romans & others copied symbols to use in their royalty,heraldry etc.etc.
                  TM thank you for finding the sumerian symbols but the egyptian ones may predate all.Once again You myth buster .thanks.
                  Last edited by George S.; 01-25-2013, 05:53 PM. Reason: ed
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TRAVOLTA
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                    Thanks for all of your effort and hardwork Travolta. This research of yours is really coming along on this topic. As for George and his wild claims I wouldn't waste time on it as it is counter productive. Stick to what you are doing my friend. It is nice info.
                    Tnx for support...

Hans Heinrich Pfau 1647 Freuler -Palast, Nafels

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

shouldn't this topic be how macedonian used any symbols ,coat of arms & how ,if not influenced heraldry as developed to the present.If anyone has more information from other countries how did that influence development of heraldry in macedonia & heraldry in general.??Example can someone pinpoint the symbols etc used by the macedonian dynasty startingfrom king karan.Symbols that originated with macedonia.??Or if that fails what symbols did macedonia adopt & frpm where??
                      On the symbols themselves eg lion where did that originate,Did macedonia simply adopt it.Is macedonia's style of lion different to the others??
                      Last edited by George S.; 01-26-2013, 08:01 AM. Reason: ed
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                        • Jan 2009

I thought the topic thread reads "macedonian flags & coat of arms"

travolta thank you for asking me how come the Sumerians & assyrians used all those symbols.Well i did some studying & found that the sumerians were actually the ones moving
                        to the caspian area & thats how we got the slavic people influence.When one considers even the thracians etc as originating from the slavic peoples who were from sumeria from
                        mesopotamia.What did they bring with them symbols etc from olden times. (note the sumerians developed the cuneiform writings on tablets)I'm only concerned with macedonia how the lion became to be used as a symbol of royalty.The reason being the lion is mean't to be the king of the beasts.Alexander & other kings before him went on royal hunts.So i'm not at all surpised but i didn't think of researching from other countries.But have you notriced in macedonia there is the oldest solar rock carvings & figurines of mother earth.Symbols of the past in macedonia.When i mention slavs i don't mean the 6/7 century invasions.This is slav influence in much earlier times.TM i was only looking at it from the way royalty used those symbols & that's the macedonian royalty.Some symbols were'nt used by royalty.Samo gledav za makedonija.OH that reminds me you guys i'm not sure if anyone else mentioned but as i was reading about helarldlyetc symbols they say that a lot of symbols originated in egypt some claim to say the egyptian symbols are the oldest of them all.After all is said & done the romans & others copied symbols to use in their royalty,heraldry etc.etc.
                        TM thank you for finding the sumerian symbols but the egyptian ones may predate all.Once again You myth buster .thanks.
                        I didn't find any Sumerian symbols. Travolta did. Maybe you should read more than you post George.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

i threw in that as a myth buster for you.You are spot on.The clay cylinders don't prove anything do they show evolvement into the symbols of heraldry & coat of arms .The pretty pictures of animal hunts might as royalty was involved.Who knows unless there are books to prove beyond doubt thats what happened??
                          So just because someone produces a bunch of pictures or cylinder seals used for commerce etc records doesn't mean hey presto they contributed to a coat of arms or heraldry.More proof is needed.More conclusive proof is needed than pats on your back.I've been accused of making wild claims where's your conclusive evidence to the contrary.All i'm saying that because macedonia had kings & it was a kingdom.The royalty used insignia,symbols,when in battle the army used flags ,symbols shields etc.Pretty pictures yes but we need more cooborative evidence.
                          Last edited by George S.; 01-26-2013, 02:57 PM. Reason: eg
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                            • Jan 2009

i threw in that as a myth buster for you.You are spot on.The clay cylinders don't prove anything do they show evolvement into the symbols of heraldry & coat of arms .The pretty pictures of animal hunts might as royalty was involved.Who knows unless there are books to prove beyond doubt thats what happened??
                            So just because someone produces a bunch of pictures or cylinder seals used for commerce etc records doesn't mean hey presto they contributed to a coat of arms or heraldry.More proof is needed.More conclusive proof is needed than pats on your back.I've been accused of making wild claims where's your conclusive evidence to the contrary.All i'm saying that because macedonia had kings & it was a kingdom.The royalty used insignia,symbols,when in battle the army used flags ,symbols shields etc.Pretty pictures yes but we need more cooborative evidence.
                            Do a search on this forum for the lion of Antiochus XIII. Many ethnic groups, tribes, or ancient communities used very similar symbols for many different reasons.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Yeah TM got it it's got something on the different countries of the middle east symbols etc. you are right..
                              I went into the macedonian "heraldika site" .I didn't access it fully perhaps someone else can look at it its got things about macedonian heraldry & coat of arms.
                              heres a link to you tube
                              Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" M...
                              Last edited by George S.; 01-27-2013, 12:54 AM. Reason: ed
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TRAVOLTA
                                • Nov 2009

Alexander the Great
                                Colin Nouailher (French, active 1539, d. after 1571)
                                Nouailher Colin, Oostsanen, Jacob Cornelisz van, Enamel, Medals, Medallions, Gilt, Metal, Copper, Enamels, Europe, France, Limousin, Limoges

Comment

Working...
                                X