X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Epirot
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
    But even with these maps Epirot cannot prove the 'authochtonous' place of Albanians in Macedonia,instead of recent arrivals after the 17th century.
    If Albanians were as you wish to think a group of 17th century settlers, do tell me why they constituted always the second large ethnic group after Macedonians? If Albanians were settlers they would be just a slight minority without any weight.
    Even Vasil Kanchov that has written a lot for Macedonia said that Albanians consider Macedonia as their house:

It is impossible to give precise borders of the area of Macedonia, since this country is not limited with some strict geographic features, nor is it administratively separated by the other countries. Only in the ethnographic sense Macedonia has defined borders, since the Bulgarian tribe is settled in the entire country, and rarely exits its limits. The areas to the north, west and south of Macedonia have predominantly other population. To determine its borders we will follow mainly the main perception of the population and the determination given by the most skilled recent travelers. The local Bulgarians and Kucovlachs who live in the area of Macedonia call themselves Macedonians, and the surrounding nations call them Macedonians. Turks and Albanians from Macedonia do not call themselves Macedonians, but when asked where they are from, they respond: from Macedonia... also Greeks who live in the southern area of Macedonia, do not call themselves Macedonians...

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=4077
    The census after the WWII clearly pointed out the number of present Albanian population in Macedonia.
    I am dubious if Yugoslav census have any credibility since they were principally biased. In short, their credibility is disputed.

Btw.. do I have to show the sources mentioning Albania as Macedonian land and Albanian cities as Macedonian?
    Just show them! ...and do I have to show the sources mentioning Western Macedonia as Albanian land and its cities as Albanian?
    Last edited by Epirot; 08-21-2010, 05:34 AM.
    IF OUR CHRONICLES DO NOT LIE, WE CALL OURSELVES AS EPIROTES!

Comment

• Вардарец
      • Sep 2008

Epirot, i am really tired of seeing the same old, may i call it bullshit.
      Yes, the Albanians are majority in today's western Republic of Macedonia, but no quote, map or evidence shows that they are here prior the Ottoman conquest. Period.

Let's be honest here.
      For the glory of the Hellenes! Abandon orthodoxy and join your true religion! http://www.hellenicreligion.gr/... Zeus awaits you!

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
        • Apr 2014

Bump.............
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

Working...
        X