Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Well done Vic, the newsletters have broad appeal.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Gocka
      • Dec 2012

We are just getting started, we already have many initiatives we want to pursue, mostly engaging local communities.

Comment

• vicsinad
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        Well done Vic, the newsletters have broad appeal.
        Thanks! That is a goal of ours...try to give a little bit of something for everyone.

Comment

• Dejan
          • Sep 2008

Good work guys.

Also, in "last week's answers", maybe add the questions with them as well.

Again, great initiative
          You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
            Good work guys.

Also, in "last week's answers", maybe add the questions with them as well.

Again, great initiative
            Thanks Dejan, we might do that so people don't have to go to the previous issue to see the questions.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

vic It seems to be a great idea ,perhaps a Macedonian version could appeal more and be directed at the rom people.In that way more could be achieved.After all we want some sort of revolution in rom.I think the diaspora doesn't need that much educating.What made you select the concept of a league?
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
                • May 2011

Thanks, George.

I wish my Macedonian was good enough to easily come up with a Macedonian edition. The other members are also very busy, so I think we don't have the time for that unless more people get involved. Plus, we are trying to focus on Macedonian-Americans because that's where we are at and plan to be for the foreseeable future. If we go too geographically large, it would be harder to focus on the smaller communities.

As far as the concept of a "league", it's just a name for people coming together to achieve a common mission or purpose. Plus, there used to be a Macedonian People's League in the US in the 1930s and 40s. So in a way, I thought we could restart the concept of a people's league in the US, an organization/movement that the people control...that's bottom-up to the greatest extent possible; not top-down.

Comment

• AMHRC
                  De-registered
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                  This is a new initiative / organization that I am starting. I hope it can do as the mission states. If any US Macedonians are interested or want to be a part of this, please e-mail me (Victor) at:

[email protected]

League of Macedonian Americans (LOMA)
                  [email protected]

MISSION
                  1. Encourage and support community development of Macedonians in the United States of America (U.S.).

2. Promote the Macedonian culture in the U.S.

3. Protect the ethnic Macedonian identity and name.

4. Outreach and awareness regarding Macedonian rights, needs and interests worldwide.

GUIDING PRINCIPLES
                  1. LOMA members will never solicit general funds. The only fundraising initiatives will coincide with other Macedonian individuals’ or organizations’ fundraising efforts to support a particular and specific initiative or issue.

2. All LOMA members will conduct themselves honestly, truthfully, and with integrity. LOMA members will not promote or support hate-based ideologies.

MEMBERSHIP
                  1. All individuals of ethnic Macedonian background who were born or live in the U.S. can become members.

2. There is no fee for membership. But all members must confirm that they agree to uphold LOMA’s Mission and abide by LOMA’s Guiding Principles.

OPERATIONS
                  1. Except for the first Board members, who will serve an initial term of 4 years, three (3) Board members will be elected every four (4) years by LOMA members. The three (3) individuals with the most votes will serve on the Board. The election process will be determined by the Board prior to elections.

2. A member must get approval from one (1) Board member before using the LOMA name in advancement of LOMA’s mission. LOMA Board members cannot approve or support an initiative that does not fall under one of the four categories described in its Mission.

3. The Board may revoke a member’s membership if the individual violates LOMA’s Guiding Principles or works in opposition to LOMA’s mission.
                  A very positive initiative and we wish LOMA all the best.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Here is our website. Very rudimentary just to have an online presence.

http://www.leagueofmacedonians.com/
                    Good luck with it Vic. If you want me to add the link to the front page of the MTO, let me know.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• vicsinad
                      • May 2011

Thank you both.

SoM: I was just going to get around to you about posting MTF on our Links section. We're trying to limit to a select small but quality list of Macedonian groups/organizations. So thanks, that would be great!

Meanwhile, our most recent newsletter has been added, please pass the word. While this is a group meant for Macedonian Americans, we do believe that Macedonians everywhere could find something of use in here. Appreciate it!

Comment

• vicsinad
                        • May 2011

AMHRC and SoM:

We updated our link pages with your sites. Please let us know if you find anything we wrote objectionable or not quite accurate.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

AMHRC and SoM:

We updated our link pages with your sites. Please let us know if you find anything we wrote objectionable or not quite accurate.
                          Vic, I think you misunderstood me. I was actually suggesting that we put a link of your website on the front page of the MTO, as we have a number of links to other Macedonian websites and organisations. I will go ahead and do this in the coming days if you have no objection to it.

And many thanks for putting the MTO link on your website, I like the little blurb, it reads well
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• vicsinad
                            • May 2011

That's my bad communication, SoM. I appreciate you asking to put our link up! I just wanted to let you know we were also going to get around to asking you if could put up your link on our site

Comment

• Gocka
                              • Dec 2012

At a boy Vic, barem eden od nas e korisen, mene me biva samo za vikajne.

Comment

• vicsinad
                                • May 2011

We're all approach things differently; that's not a bad thing

Comment

Working...
                                X