Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karposh
    • Aug 2015

Please, enough already. Give it a rest guys. I can's see what the point is in trying to debate this messed up topic still. The LGBTQIAPD community got what they wanted. It's official - the country is behind them all the way. Congratulations and good luck to them. I hope they find the happiness they've been so desperately seeking by having their unions recognised with a state sanctioned marriage. Hopefully, they can now go on to live happily ever after and I never have to hear about this stupid topic again.

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Seems unbelievable but...

Oscars Announce New Inclusion Requirements for Best Picture Eligibility

The diversity and inclusion initiative has been a heavy focus for the Oscars the past few years, shown by the expansive membership initiative. As part of the Academy Aperture 2025 initiative, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced Tuesday new representation and inclusion standards in order to be eligible in the best picture category.

For the 94th and 95th Oscars ceremonies, scheduled for 2022 and 2023, a film will submit a confidential Academy Inclusion Standards form to be considered for best picture. Beginning in 2024, for the 96th Oscars, a film submitting for best picture will need to meet the inclusion thresholds by meeting two of the four standards.

All other Academy categories will keep their current eligibility requirements. For categories such as animated feature, documentary feature and international feature, that submit for best picture consideration, they will be addressed separately.

For a number of years, the Academy has struggled to nominate films that are diverse in its cast, directors, and technical craftspeople. In 2016, after they failed to nominate any person of color among their 20 acting nominees, Cheryl Boone Isaacs, who was Academy President at the time, took historic action by committing to doubling the number of women and diverse members by 2020, which they have achieved.

Academy President David Rubin and Academy CEO Dawn Hudson said in a joint statement, “The aperture must widen to reflect our diverse global population in both the creation of motion pictures and in the audiences who connect with them. The Academy is committed to playing a vital role in helping make this a reality.” They continued, “the Academy is committed to playing a vital role in helping make this a reality.”

The standards are as follows:

STANDARD A: ON-SCREEN REPRESENTATION, THEMES AND NARRATIVES
      To achieve Standard A, the film must meet ONE of the following criteria:

A1. Lead or significant supporting actors

At least one of the lead actors or significant supporting actors is from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group.

• Asian
      • Hispanic/Latinx
      • Black/African American
      • Indigenous/Native American/Alaskan Native
      • Middle Eastern/North African
      • Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
      • Other underrepresented race or ethnicity

A2. General ensemble cast

At least 30% of all actors in secondary and more minor roles are from at least two of the following underrepresented groups:

• Women
      • Racial or ethnic group
      • LGBTQ+
      • People with cognitive or physical disabilities, or who are deaf or hard of hearing

A3. Main storyline/subject matter

The main storyline(s), theme or narrative of the film is centered on an underrepresented group(s).

• Women
      • Racial or ethnic group
      • LGBTQ+
      • People with cognitive or physical disabilities, or who are deaf or hard of hearing

STANDARD B: CREATIVE LEADERSHIP AND PROJECT TEAM
      To achieve Standard B, the film must meet ONE of the criteria below:

B1. Creative leadership and department heads

At least two of the following creative leadership positions and department heads — Casting Director, Cinematographer, Composer, Costume Designer, Director, Editor, Hairstylist, Makeup Artist, Producer, Production Designer, Set Decorator, Sound, VFX Supervisor, Writer — are from the following underrepresented groups:

• Women
      • Racial or ethnic group
      • LGBTQ+

At least one of those positions must belong to the following underrepresented racial or ethnic group:

• Asian
      • Hispanic/Latinx
      • Black/African American
      • Indigenous/Native American/Alaskan Native
      • Middle Eastern/North African
      • Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
      • Other underrepresented race or ethnicity

B2. Other key roles

At least six other crew/team and technical positions (excluding Production Assistants) are from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group. These positions include but are not limited to First AD, Gaffer, Script Supervisor, etc.

B3. Overall crew composition

At least 30% of the film’s crew is from the following underrepresented groups:

• Women
      • Racial or ethnic group
      • LGBTQ+

STANDARD C: INDUSTRY ACCESS AND OPPORTUNITIES
      To achieve Standard C, the film must meet BOTH criteria below:

C1. Paid apprenticeship and internship opportunities

The film’s distribution or financing company has paid apprenticeships or internships that are from the following underrepresented groups and satisfy the criteria below:

• Women
      • Racial or ethnic group
      • LGBTQ+

The major studios/distributors are required to have substantive, ongoing paid apprenticeships/internships inclusive of underrepresented groups (must also include racial or ethnic groups) in most of the following departments: production/development, physical production, post-production, music, VFX, acquisitions, business affairs, distribution, marketing and publicity.

The mini-major or independent studios/distributors must have a minimum of two apprentices/interns from the above underrepresented groups (at least one from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group) in at least one of the following departments: production/development, physical production, post-production, music, VFX, acquisitions, business affairs, distribution, marketing and publicity.

C2. Training opportunities and skills development (crew)

The film’s production, distribution and/or financing company offers training and/or work opportunities for below-the-line skill development to people from the following underrepresented groups:

• Women
      • Racial or ethnic group
      • LGBTQ+

STANDARD D: AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT
      To achieve Standard D, the film must meet the criterion below:

D1. Representation in marketing, publicity, and distribution

The studio and/or film company has multiple in-house senior executives from among the following underrepresented groups (must include individuals from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups) on their marketing, publicity, and/or distribution teams.

• Women
      • Racial or ethnic group:
      •Asian
      •Hispanic/Latinx
      •Black/African American
      •Indigenous/Native American/Alaskan Native
      •Middle Eastern/North African
      •Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
      •Other underrepresented race or ethnicity
      •LGBTQ+

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Oscars extended the 2020 eligibility year until Feb. 28, 2021. The 93rd Academy Awards ceremony is currently scheduled to take place on Sunday, April 25.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Finally we'll see Macedonians in every new movie!
        If I start wearing a dress, I reckon I just might get a gig.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Karposh
          • Aug 2015

LOL. I remember this topic...Man, I miss Starling.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...500614276bc710

Almost three decades as a TV personality should have better prepared Basil Zempilas to be the Perth Lord Mayor, but his recent transphobic comments are unlikely to be his last controversial remarks, a media expert warns. Mr Zempilas had been in the job for less than two weeks when he made comments about transgender people that were slammed as “demeaning and derogatory” by TransFolk of WA and Pride WA. “If you’ve got a penis, mate, you’re a bloke. If you’ve got a vagina, you’re a woman. Game over,” he said. Mr Zempilas later issued a video apology via the City of Perth, saying he realised he had let people down and was now listening and learning. “The comments I made were wrong and they don’t reflect how I feel … I made a mistake and it’s my mistake to accept. I have to be better and I will be better,” he said. “It is a mistake that I will not make again.”
            Never heard of this character before nor do I really care who he is. But aside from those who live in the esoteric realm of SJWism or virtue-signaling opportunists, most people agree with him. It is truly astonishing how a small yet vocal minority on the Left of the political spectrum has managed to subvert broader society to such a degree that the mere mention of biological reality is enough for people to turn into cucks at the drop of a hat.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Karposh
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Never heard of this character before nor do I really care who he is. But aside from those who live in the esoteric realm of SJWism or virtue-signaling opportunists, most people agree with him. It is truly astonishing how a small yet vocal minority on the Left of the political spectrum has managed to subvert broader society to such a degree that the mere mention of biological reality is enough for people to turn into cucks at the drop of a hat.
              Unfortunately, this is the new reality of the times we live in. A difference of opinion is no longer just that, a difference of opinion. The Left will go out of their way to destroy you completely and cancel you forever if you say anything that goes against their ideology. It serves as a warning to others not to be so vocal or get too comfortable in expressing what they really think. A tried and tested Communist method of silencing the masses. This Zempilas bloke probably felt very manly saying what did (perhaps even trying to appeal to the every-man in his new role as mayor) but was quickly shut down and turned into the cuck that he is. The lesson of this story is never apologise or grovel to the Left. Stand by your convictions and 2000 years of Gospel teachings. If that's too difficult, and you don't have the balls to stand by your convictions, then don't leave yourself open to becoming a groveling and pathetic cuck.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                If that's too difficult, and you don't have the balls to stand by your convictions, then don't leave yourself open to becoming a groveling and pathetic cuck.
                I was about to agree because I thought you were heading somewhere else ..... specifically:

If that's too difficult, and you don't have the balls to stand by your convictions, then don't seek a political position.

Even Trump knows when to shut-up on issues like this.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-...tion/100795490

A Brisbane Christian college's enrolment contract that demands families denounce homosexuality and subscribe to traditional gender roles is "unacceptable", and a review is under way into whether the school is in breach of its legislative obligations, Queensland's Education Minister says. Citipointe Christian College, at Carindale in Brisbane's east, sent families a contract last Friday that said "the college will only enrol the student on the basis of the gender that corresponds to their biological sex" and asserted that homosexuality, along with bestiality, incest and paedophilia, was "sinful". An emotional Education Minister Grace Grace, who has a non-binary child, said her department received complaints from parents and students at the college.
                  A non-binary child. Whatever. As for the college, it has "Christian" in its name. Is it really a shock that they would have reservations about these issues? Those who find it distasteful aren't obligated to send their children to Citipointe. There are other educational institutions that are both independent and publicly-funded. Here's a suggestion.
                  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-...tored/10222148

Australia's largest Islamic school has had its funding permanently restored by new federal Education Minister Dan Tehan, after several years of court battles. The Malek Fahd Islamic School's future hung in the balance after a full bench of the Federal Court dismissed an appeal against its $19 million federal funding cut earlier this year.
                  Upon enrollment, don't forget to ask them about their view on prospective students who are homosexual or from another religion. Of course, that will never happen. Christianity is held to a different standard by these hypocrites, who would rather walk on egg shells than direct any criticism towards Islam. Case in point.
                  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-...sion/100797858

The AFL's head of inclusion has spoken about Giants player Haneen Zreika, after the AFLW player refused to play wearing a guernsey celebrating Pride Round. Zreika, a practicing Muslim, sat out the league's Pride Round as she believed the rainbow-themed uniform did not represent her faith. The head of the AFL's inclusion and social policy, Tanya Hosch, told the ABC's The W podcast that inclusion was a complicated matter. "People of faith have rights as well," Hosch said.
                  Because the uniform did not represent her faith? No. Because the uniform represents something that is despised by her faith. Israel Folau shared a similar view, from a Christian perspective, and his career was ruined. I guess he was too vocal. This girl wouldn't even step on the field because of a uniform, yet her case is described as a "complicated matter." People of faith have rights as well? I guess it depends on which faith.
                  Hosch, a Torres Strait Islander and the AFL's second female executive, said she had to consult her peers both in and outside of the AFL sphere. "I had the privilege of hearing from Haneen first-hand about the situation she found herself in," she said. "Then I had to consult a whole range of other people with expertise that I don't have.......and certainly spoke to other Muslim leaders who I know and who have been around football."
                  Too bad the article doesn't mention what the "other Muslim leaders" had to say about "pride round."
                  For Zreika, the female code's first Muslim player, the round presented an "extremely difficult" moral dilemma and decision. "As the first Australian Muslim woman in the AFLW, I have a responsibility to represent my faith and my community," Zreika wrote. "I respect people, regardless of their sexual orientation.
                  She respects others, regardless of their sexual orientation. Her religion doesn't. She has more respect for her religion. Whether she is right or wrong, substitute the word "Muslim" with "Christian" and imagine how differently she would have been perceived.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

An emotional Education Minister Grace Grace, who has a non-binary child,
                    She/they looks like I expected her/they to look. I say "they" because of girth. Seriously, they really should worry about educating children more than all of this utterly irrelevant bullshit.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fede...08-p59usj.html

Religious schools and LGBTQI students are once again at the centre of the federal political debate. Fair enough if it seems like groundhog day: there has been talk about law reform in this area since the legalisation of same-sex marriage in 2017. Now there is a federal government proposal to prevent religious schools expelling students for being gay. It sounds simple, but it turns out to be anything but.......
                      This was always going to get complicated. Perhaps some sections of the law could be reviewed, but one has to question why people of a non-traditional sexual persuasion insist on going to religious schools when they know that their values collide and that there are so many other options available. And why are they always trying to make an example out of Christianity, specifically. Who knows how long it will be before politicians begin to impose this ideology on religious institutions given that some Protestant-derived churches across the world are already on such a path. I guess 'live and let live' doesn't apply to all.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                        • Jul 2012

Many people thought the legalisation of gay marriage would be the end of it, but as expected that doesn't seem to be the case. The slippery slope of it all, Candace Owens on "Pride month" pretty much saying what most people don't want to say out loud.

Text ‘Candace’ to 989898 to Claim a FREE Info Kit on physical gold & silver!Candace discusses the top five reasons people hate Pride Month.#CANDACE #CandaceO...
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Karposh
                          • Aug 2015

Yeah Candace is great. She speaks common sense. Something everyone seems to know deep inside but are petrified to say out loud for fear of being labelled a bigot or, worse, cancelled outright including losing their jobs. The alphabet mafia have become the loudest, most privileged and, at the same time, most toxic and obnoxious minority there ever was.
                          I work for a company that is very big on all the LGBT crap and they are constantly shoving it down our throats with weekly emails for "LGBTQ+ Awareness Training". I delete these as soon as I get them and, thankfully, they are purely voluntary for the time being but, my gut tells me, it won't be long before they become mandatory. It's gone beyond the euphemistic "Diversity & Inclusion Training", which was mandatory, now they're testing the waters with all this other crap as well. Some like-minded colleagues of mine have often questioned the logic of forcing this crap on people who just want to get on with the job that they're being payed to do and not concern themselves with any of the politics surrounding activist movements, whatever they may be. Why is it so important to be made aware of people's sexual preferences in the work place. Who cares? The answer is - no one cares! What goes on behind closed doors once work colleagues are off the clock is no one's business but their own. I certainly don't give a shit whether someone I work with is a fudge packer by night. No one in their right mind will discriminate against them or refuse to work with them because they are of a certain sexual orientation.
                          What companies are doing now goes beyond the seemingly innocent ideal of tolerance and inclusion. What is being asked of us now (sorry, I mean forced on us) is to celebrate their lifestyle and everything about it. It's not enough to be tolerant and inclusive anymore. You have to be seen to be celebrating and proudly waving the rainbow flag. When your company hires out a Drag Queen to entertain its staff every time they put on a spread with drinks and food (as mine does at least 3-4 times a year) with rainbow flags decorating the joint you have to be seen to be celebrating along with everyone else. I was rudely shocked one night when I came across this degeneracy and I remember grabbing my bag and just walking out on the event with an Ethiopian colleague of mine, who also happens to be an Orthodox Christian.
                          All this shit is being slowly normalised. It doesn't happen overnight. They test the waters and, if all is good, they take it to the next level. It will never be enough for these people and, yes, it is a very slippery slope as can be seen with what is happening right around the world with kids as young as 4-5 years old being groomed to accept this bullshit and brainwashed to believe that they can choose what gender they want to be.
                          There needed to be a pushback and I believe that pushback has come courtesy of the Daily Wire which Candace Owens is a recent and welcome addition of. The Daily Wire has become the strongest voice for conservative values in America and their fan club is growing around the world. I am absolutely convinced that Matt Walsh's documentary "What is a Woman" was instrumental in FINA's recent ruling about trannies participating in Women's swimming. Of course it doesn't go far enough but it's a start.

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Yeah Candace is great. She speaks common sense. Something everyone seems to know deep inside but are petrified to say out loud for fear of being labelled a bigot or, worse, cancelled outright including losing their jobs. The alphabet mafia have become the loudest, most privileged and, at the same time, most toxic and obnoxious minority there ever was.
                            I work for a company that is very big on all the LGBT crap and they are constantly shoving it down our throats with weekly emails for "LGBTQ+ Awareness Training". I delete these as soon as I get them and, thankfully, they are purely voluntary for the time being but, my gut tells me, it won't be long before they become mandatory. It's gone beyond the euphemistic "Diversity & Inclusion Training", which was mandatory, now they're testing the waters with all this other crap as well. Some like-minded colleagues of mine have often questioned the logic of forcing this crap on people who just want to get on with the job that they're being payed to do and not concern themselves with any of the politics surrounding activist movements, whatever they may be. Why is it so important to be made aware of people's sexual preferences in the work place. Who cares? The answer is - no one cares! What goes on behind closed doors once work colleagues are off the clock is no one's business but their own. I certainly don't give a shit whether someone I work with is a fudge packer by night. No one in their right mind will discriminate against them or refuse to work with them because they are of a certain sexual orientation.
                            What companies are doing now goes beyond the seemingly innocent ideal of tolerance and inclusion. What is being asked of us now (sorry, I mean forced on us) is to celebrate their lifestyle and everything about it. It's not enough to be tolerant and inclusive anymore. You have to be seen to be celebrating and proudly waving the rainbow flag. When your company hires out a Drag Queen to entertain its staff every time they put on a spread with drinks and food (as mine does at least 3-4 times a year) with rainbow flags decorating the joint you have to be seen to be celebrating along with everyone else. I was rudely shocked one night when I came across this degeneracy and I remember grabbing my bag and just walking out on the event with an Ethiopian colleague of mine, who also happens to be an Orthodox Christian.
                            All this shit is being slowly normalised. It doesn't happen overnight. They test the waters and, if all is good, they take it to the next level. It will never be enough for these people and, yes, it is a very slippery slope as can be seen with what is happening right around the world with kids as young as 4-5 years old being groomed to accept this bullshit and brainwashed to believe that they can choose what gender they want to be.
                            There needed to be a pushback and I believe that pushback has come courtesy of the Daily Wire which Candace Owens is a recent and welcome addition of. The Daily Wire has become the strongest voice for conservative values in America and their fan club is growing around the world. I am absolutely convinced that Matt Walsh's documentary "What is a Woman" was instrumental in FINA's recent ruling about trannies participating in Women's swimming. Of course it doesn't go far enough but it's a start.
                            The Alphabet Mafia...never heard that before...I like it.

I read some interesting commentary recently somewhere on the twitterverse, where an observation was made regarding a perceived correlation between the rise of debauchery, the decline of morality and the corresponding fall of once great empires in history.

We are now at an interesting stage in the west, where the obvious need to respect peoples personal choices meets the recent exponential explosion in ramming said choices down the throats of everyone at every available opportunity during arguably the dumbest period in human history (where the definition of woman has become such a hotly contested space all of a sudden amongst a cacophony of other nonsense) and you have an unfolding recipe for disaster...

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                              • Jul 2012

You missed a few letters there Karposh how dare you! It is now officially LGBTQIA+ you should know this and be up to date!

In all seriousness though I don't understand this whole Diversity and Inclusion committee nonsense, like seriously do you really need a whole committee established to be respectful of other people? I too work for an organisation where this is the reality, the amount of focus on this "strategic area" is just overboard. In all honesty it really seems like this all just comes down to business, "clients expect this from us and we might lose potential clients if we don't keep up with other organisations", so they pretty much admit it is to gain more business.

Similar to yours my organisation has multiple events for LGBT a year, in all honesty how many things can you have for the same thing? Mardi Gras morning tea, pride month that has thankfully just ended where there were multiple events taking place in the month and wear purple day as well which happens later on in the year. It will never be enough, they themselves say "it should be a 365 day thing", so guess I am waiting for them to permanently be flying the gay flag year round in the office. Mind you things like Remembrance Day, ANZAC Day never get a big mention let alone their own morning tea! Christmas morning tea is celebrated but not a single mention of its true meaning. Just today the persistent and tiresome D&I committee had the pleasure of letting us know they will be bringing in an external speaker to talk about critical race theory, how exciting.

I think our colleagues in our Asia offices look at what happens in Australia and the European offices and think we are complete loonies. To these woke people the Asian countries are behind in this space and need to "catch up" with the wokeness of the Western world. They are now being encouraged to increase their activity in this area. A senior member of our Singapore office recently said regarding gender diversity what more do you want us to do? Our two most senior members of the organisation are female and we have more female staff than male. She said a similar thing regarding being homosexual, you won't be discriminated against everyone is welcome and has a right to be respected. Clearly not enough though according to the activists, you need to engage in decorating every inch of the office in rainbows and hiring a drag queen to be seen as respectful these days.

It baffles me how people have just swallowed this whole thing and don't question anything about the things being pushed on them, the fact that the transgenderism agenda is now being pushed on kids as young as 5-6 is just disgusting. The ones that still have a brain and are against these ideas are fearful to speak out, or even talk to other colleagues about these things without fear of losing their job or being viewed as a homophobe, racist or fill in the blank.

It was good to see common sense prevail with the transgender athletes in wonen's swimming. I do hope that more and more people wake up and there is more of a pushback in the near future with regard to these issues.
                              Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 07-08-2022, 08:50 AM.
                              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

"Libs of tiktok" does a great job of showing the idiocy of all this on Twitter. Look her up and see how evil much of this has become.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X