X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    The number of crosses...... Cahil would have scored 1 of them without a doubt.
    Mate, the bloke is almost as old as you and he probably last played the same day you hung up the boots...

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post
      Settle down boys I love Lucy..

Surely u don’t prefer Fozz?
      She/he was looking more Dita von Teese than transvestite tonight...

Comment

• Karposh
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post
        Juric and nabouf was dissapointing.. they shouldn’t be playing at this level and behich is suicidal.. kruse also dissapointing for his experience..

How good was young Daniel? Good games from Rogic, Moy and Jedinak.

Aussies should have won.. unlucky.. it will be very hard to get through to the second round.. if France beat Peru they will take it easy on the Danes..
        Just got back from Sutherland pub. I hope I make sense with my couple of cents worth. Rogich, Mooy and Jedinak - Outstanding. But my man of the match goes to Mathew Leckie. He was awesome. Also, everyone there tonight was saying the same thing - Why aren't they putting Tim Cahill on? He's got the most big game experience out of all of them and he is clearly itching to get a run. Some were saying that his match fitness is down but who cares. Put him on for 20 minutes at least and let's see what he can do. He's a natural striker with an ability few have in front of goal. Anyway, good result just the same. We just need to beat Peru by a few goals now and hope France scores a hat-trick against Denmark.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
          The number of crosses...... Cahil would have scored 1 of them without a doubt.
          I don't get it. Why the fuck isn't Timmy brought on, at least for the last 20 minutes? He is an inspiration for the team and automatically raises their level of confidence as soon as he steps onto the pitch. This new coach seems to be all about statistics. Who gives a shit if Tim isn't as fit as some of the younger blokes, his mere presence alone can make a difference, not to mention his killer instinct near the opposing goals.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            I don't get it. Why the fuck isn't Timmy brought on, at least for the last 20 minutes? He is an inspiration for the team and automatically raises their level of confidence as soon as he steps onto the pitch. This new coach seems to be all about statistics. Who gives a shit if Tim isn't as fit as some of the younger blokes, his mere presence alone can make a difference, not to mention his killer instinct near the opposing goals.
            Yep, what SoM said
            “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              This as well. Apart from being a goal poacher and one of the best leaps for headers and always scores in huge games..... Just his mere presence inspires the team. I have no doubt we would have gotten minimum a draw against France and a win vs Denmark if he had come on instead of Juric. 4 points sounds nicer than currently 1.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

The Serbs must be burning after their loss to Switzerland given that the two goal scorers for the Swiss team were ethnic Albanians who were rubbing it in their faces with that hand gesture representing an eagle. Here is something on the second scorer for the Swiss team:
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xherdan_Shaqiri

On 11 September 2012, Shaqiri did not sing the Swiss national anthem in a World Cup qualifier against his ancestral Albania in Lucerne, and did not celebrate when he scored the opening goal of a 2–0 win. He wore boots with the flags of Kosovo, Albania and Switzerland for the match.
                He's patriotic enough to disrespect Switzerland, the country which gave him the opportunity for a good life, yet not patriotic enough play for Kosovo, the place he was born, or Albania, his "ancestral" land. I'm surprised he hasn't yet complained about the cross on his Swiss jersey.

Here is a short clip of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6v5tUV0pDs

Notice how the Albanian supporters are booing each time a Swiss Albanian player touches the ball. And at the end, one of the players, Xhaka, looks set to score but is somehow easily dispossessed by the Albanian goalie.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Statitsa
                  • Mar 2016

@SoM

The justifications have been all over the internet;

"their families were forced to flee Kosovo"

"one of the players' father spent time in Serbian prison"

I get the raw emotion...

Nonetheless, there is a time and a place for political protest, but this isn't it, especially in a time when FIFA has made it it's mandate to put the game first.

At best I'd consider their behavior unsportsmanlike and if the Swiss Football Federation had any respect for itself, it would send both players home.
                  Last edited by Statitsa; 06-23-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Statitsa View Post
                    @SoM

The justifications have been all over the internet;

"their families were forced to flee Kosovo"

"one of the players' father spent time in Serbian prison"

I get the raw emotion...

Nonetheless, there is a time and a place for political protest, but this isn't it, especially in a time when FIFA has made it it's mandate to put the game first.

At best I'd consider their behavior unsportsmanlike and if the Swiss Football Federation had any respect for itself, it would send both players home.
                    Apparently they're getting fined.
                    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Statitsa View Post
                      ...At best I'd consider their behavior unsportsmanlike and if the Swiss Football Federation had any respect for itself, it would send both players home.
                      I think it goes beyond just being unsportsmanlike, I consider unsportsmanlike being arrogant or petulant after a win or a loss, perhaps showing an opponent disrespect by not shaking their hand at the conclusion of the game. things of that nature...

What the shiptari showed was a total lack of respect for the country that has taken in their sorry arses, that has provided them a refuge and that has provided the means and circumstances to pursue the privileged life of a professional footballer...if those despicable cunts want to make shiptar hand gestures, if they prefer to wear shiptar and kosovo flags and symbols on their boots and if they're not interested in respecting the Swiss national anthem maybe they should be shown the fucken door back to Kosovo...that's where I'd be sending the arseholes.

Comment

• kompir
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        I think it goes beyond just being unsportsmanlike, I consider unsportsmanlike being arrogant or petulant after a win or a loss, perhaps showing an opponent disrespect by not shaking their hand at the conclusion of the game. things of that nature...

What the shiptari showed was a total lack of respect for the country that has taken in their sorry arses, that has provided them a refuge and that has provided the means and circumstances to pursue the privileged life of a professional footballer...if those despicable cunts want to make shiptar hand gestures, if they prefer to wear shiptar and kosovo flags and symbols on their boots and if they're not interested in respecting the Swiss national anthem maybe they should be shown the fucken door back to Kosovo...that's where I'd be sending the arseholes.
                        Put Berisha from Victory in the same fucking crate, he's done more than his fair share of political gestures on the field.
                        Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Anyone watching England V Panama...first half isn't over yet and the Poms have pumped 5 into hapless Panama...

Comment

• kompir
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                            Anyone watching England V Panama...first half isn't over yet and the Poms have pumped 5 into hapless Panama...
                            Majkata mu ja ebaja; the ref has decimated Panama.

Comment

• Carlin
                              • Dec 2011

1) Swiss article: https://www.nzz.ch/meinung/xhaka-und...aet-ld.1397414

Xhaka and Shaqiri lack political sensitivity

Xherdan Shaqiri and Granit Xhaka provoke the Serbian spectators with their goal celebrations. They fuel a discussion that was thought to be over, or at least tempered.

Xherdan Shaqiri and Granit Xhaka, the two most talented players of this Swiss football generation, have decided the game in Kaliningrad with two goals for their team; They have such fine feet like no one else in this selection. But their political sensitivity and social awareness are underdeveloped. They should have just talked football this evening. But they talked with their hands on goal celebrations, with a cultural code that the Serbian spectators in the stadium and on TV had to take as a provocation.

Xhaka and Shaqiri, both of Kosovar background, used their fingers to form the Albanian double-headed eagle, a nationalist gesture - and this in a game so charged that it was considered high-risk. Serbia does not have good relations with Albania. The footballers know that, too.

For days, the Swiss delegation had eluded this topic elegantly, especially the coach Vladimir Petkovic, who ignored all political undertones. His players should have held it in the field as he did. Careless the gesture was not. Xhaka wanted to acknowledge his jubilation as thanks to all the people who had always supported him. So he said it in an interview. But what the two players have actually done is this: They fuel a discussion that was thought to be over, or at least tempered. The national team suffered for several years under it. A cultural trench was pulling through the team; the showing of the Albanian double eagle was considered an expression of it.

In November 2014, the players' council of the Swiss national team therefore decided to refrain from such gestures in the future. From now on, there will be no such problems more, said Valon Behrami. Now you have to say: The sensitization work of the association has not had a lasting effect. Although no such hand signals have been made for some time now. But there is still a time when, for example, the "Weltwoche" writes that the national team is a "veteran force of foreign mercenaries with a focus on the Balkans, enriched by a few Africans".

2) Switzerland’s Granit Xhaka and Xherdan Shaqiri facing two-match ban as Fifa investigate ‘political’ goal celebrations against Serbia

Switzerland could be without their two goalscorers from the 2-1 win over Serbia for Wednesday’s pivotal Group E clash with Costa Rica

URL:
                              Last edited by Carlin; 06-24-2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• kompir
                                • Jan 2015

6-0... fuck me drunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X