Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iskra
    • Jun 2010

Actually I heard that a question posed by Desanka softened the hard substantial evidence of Kure's case...
    Last edited by iskra; 07-19-2010, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

Geeee…it has been a while since this thread has been visited.
      Back in June of this year Post028 is said I had ordered a iGENEA test and that I saw no reason not to post such results in this thread and

as per request if you're not Macedonian, then you have to cancel your account here immediately I shall dutifully bow out if the test are negative.Hahahaha

I don’t know where the package went off to but it took a while getting to me. Today I received an email confirming they had received my sample and will be in touch in due course. Looking back at the dates the original posts were made I can see a substantial amount of time has passed.

In the meantime to my disbelief I have seen posts by some on the forum that think I am NOT as my avatar name suggests an Australian and a Macedonian and they have bothered to collected quotes of others in different threads alluding to such a conclusion and added there own remarks to this end. I was at a loss as to why they would think this way. As many of you are Macedonians I think you can understand my utter dismay that these persons could not only possibly think that I may not be Macedonian which is bad enough but that I could be Greek. OMG Greek of all things.

Well I know the mind and the spirit aren’t Greek and in due course iGENEA may be able to show that the blood isn’t either. Ill keep you updated.

Back in the early posts some people showed some interests in these tests. Has anyone else other than Kure done the test.

In any event if you are up for a laugh you can have a look at

i am sure many of you have seen this article, but i stilll think it deserves s thread on here. Greece is plugged in the Matrix, Macedonia should too By Gorazd V. September 4, 2008 http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/3219/1/ Macedonia , as a country, is in negotiations with Greece for the past

from Post023 onwards.

Fear not fellow posters if the tests show I am Greek…pt pt pt…mi se ogorce ustata…I will stop posting.LOL

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

I don’t know exactly how the iGENEA guys work but so far I have only been given some preliminary results and a login to their site which to date is only showing me the tests to do and their status as in progress.

The preliminary results are interesting a bit but unless you are a dna scientist and can understand the numbers you have to read what looks like an encyclopaedia on dna terminology. Being more of a white paper kid of guy I found it very boring and I’m hoping the full report will be more readable.

I’m not going to repeat here the terminology stuff on how they got to the results but I can say according to them on my dads lineage it’s a I2b1 and the mitochondria dna on my mums side is H13a1a1.

According to them my mums dna is native to the Balkans through to Caucasus while my dads side like Kures I2a1 has their origin in the Balkans but then moved on to nowadays Germany and Scandinavia where the I2 changes to I2b with its variant I2b1. This means at some time my dads predecessors must have made it back to the Balkans. I jokingly think of it as dad went out for a packet of smokes and came back a few thousand years later

I don’t know when all the tests will be fully completed but I will keep this thread updated as information becomes available.

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
        This is interesting in a strange kind of way!

OziMak, just like Kure, I hope you can come again.
        Fear not Phoenix it looks like I am a Macedonian...might have to look into that avatar...so I will keep on posting.

Comment

• Onur
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
          The preliminary results are interesting a bit but unless you are a dna scientist and can understand the numbers you have to read what looks like an encyclopaedia on dna terminology. Being more of a white paper kid of guy I found it very boring and I’m hoping the full report will be more readable.

I’m not going to repeat here the terminology stuff on how they got to the results but I can say according to them on my dads lineage it’s a I2b1 and the mitochondria dna on my mums side is H13a1a1.

According to them my mums dna is native to the Balkans through to Caucasus while my dads side like Kures I2a1 has their origin in the Balkans but then moved on to nowadays Germany and Scandinavia where the I2 changes to I2b with its variant I2b1. This means at some time my dads predecessors must have made it back to the Balkans. I jokingly think of it as dad went out for a packet of smokes and came back a few thousand years later

I don’t know when all the tests will be fully completed but I will keep this thread updated as information becomes available.
          Grats for the results Ozimak. I think i will do DNA test too
          Maybe you would like to check my earlier post here;

YouTube - iGenea DNA test confirms that Macedonians are the successors of the Ancient Macedonians! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2g--2S3Ly4&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_191050) It's good when it mentions the following: In the last period the official forum of the Swiss institute is full with questions that

Ofc i am no expert but as far as the articles i`ve read b4, your paternal lineage is one of the earliest known European settlers and they should be central to western European. As you can see in the chart in my post, it shows 0% for your I2b haplogroup in Macedonia!!!. Already I2b is kinda rare in everywhere, highest in western Germany with just 7% and then 6% in Holland. I think this should be like that because I2b is one of oldest haplogroup in Europe, so maybe these people spread all around Europe 1000s of years ago.

For example, in the 2nd chart, it shows that I2b1 originated in Germany ~9000 years ago then it mutated into I2b1a less than 3000 years ago in Britain.

Btw, check your distant relatives, the people with most common ancestors on the igenea web site. I think, they would be around western Europe...
          Last edited by Onur; 11-14-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• fyrOM
            Banned
            • Feb 2010

Onur you have shocked me with this information. How can there be 0 percent in Macedonia.

I am trying to piece my family tree as a sort of fun project for whenever I have spare time and as best as I have been able to find so far on my fathers side where the I2b1 is coming from my great great grandfather was born in Macedonia and everyone since including me. From speaking to older relatives I have not come across even a hint of anyone remembering anyone saying we come from anywhere else but Macedonia. I know the haplogroup is talking about thousands of years back but I would have thought since we were in Macedonia there must be others. Is the table you gave a link to mean just only the percent of people to date who have sent in samples. I don’t understand how this can be.

Comment

• Onur
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
              Onur you have shocked me with this information. How can there be 0 percent in Macedonia.

I am trying to piece my family tree as a sort of fun project for whenever I have spare time and as best as I have been able to find so far on my fathers side where the I2b1 is coming from my great great grandfather was born in Macedonia and everyone since including me. From speaking to older relatives I have not come across even a hint of anyone remembering anyone saying we come from anywhere else but Macedonia. I know the haplogroup is talking about thousands of years back but I would have thought since we were in Macedonia there must be others. Is the table you gave a link to mean just only the percent of people to date who have sent in samples. I don’t understand how this can be.

LOL, don't panic mate, you know we are talking about 2500 to 9000 years of time period here

As you see in the chart of countries in Europe, your haplogroup is like spread all around central and western Europe, 6% at highest in Holland.

Btw, this analysis are done by the institutions by selecting volunteers in a particular country. For example, taking samples from 100 people in one city, then 100 more in another one and collecting like ~1000 results in total then creating a chart about haplogroups by calculating total percentages for each of them. I mean it`s like doing a countrywide survey. But since your haplogroup is kinda low in everywhere so 0% in Macedonia means they didn't encounter anyone with your I2b1 haplogroup when they did that particular countrywide test in Macedonia. Ofc there isn't any information there about how many person has been tested, I mean what was the sample size in whole Macedonia.

If you ask my opinion tough, as far as the stuff i`ve read b4, your paternal ancestors probably immigrated into the Balkans from central to western Europe, maybe 2500 years ago, maybe later than that, god knows Find your distant relatives, in most common ancestors section on igenea web site, it should find some people and it gives you their e-mail addresses. Contact them and ask about their earliest known ancestors
              Last edited by Onur; 11-14-2010, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• fyrOM
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

HIGH RESOLUTION (HVR1+HVR2)
                Haplo Country Comment Match Total

H Croatia - 1
                H Denmark - 1
                H England - 7
                H France - 1
                H Germany - 3
                H Italy - 4
                H Italy Abruzzo 1
                H Lebanon - 1
                H Palestinian Territory 1
                H Russian Federation 3
                H Scotland - 2
                H Slovakia - 3
                H Slovenia - 1
                H Spain - 1
                H Switzerland - 1
                H Ukraine - 1
                H United Kingdom - 2
                H Wales - 1
                H13a1a1 Poland - 1

Jankovska are we related.hahaha

12 MARKER Y-DNA MATCHES
                One Step Mutations
                Country Your Matches Comment Match Total Country Total Percentage

England 1 - 1 21,646 < 0.1%
                Germany 2 - 2 10,987 < 0.1%
                25 MARKER Y-DNA MATCHES
                No Matches.
                37 MARKER Y-DNA MATCHES
                No Matches.
                67 MARKER Y-DNA MATCHES
                No Matches.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                  • Sep 2010

Just how accurate is iGENEA?

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

well with a name like kure you half qualify to be macedonian.If your result show that you are macedonian well you should throw a party & invite the whole mto team to celebrate.
                    Does anyone know how accurate these tests are?
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                      • Sep 2010

Does anyone know how accurate these tests are?
                      I'm just wondering if greeks work in iGENEA and whenever they see a Turk or a Macedonian they will mess with the results.

I will never take a test because I just don't trust them. I already know my family has been living in Golemo Konjari for over 200 years and probably way longer and we were all Macedonians. So why should I take a test when I already know I'm Macedonian.

Comment

• fyrOM
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2010

I don’t think Greeks are working there. A while back iGENEA got attacked by Greeks for claming to be able to say people are Macedonian.

I did it because of curiosity and a faint hope that the decedents of relatives who moved to usa in my great great grandfathers time might do the test and show up and I can fill in some blanks in he family tree I am making.

Comment

• Bij
                          • Oct 2009

I'm considering getting my DNA test done now.

two questions:

1. Igenea or family tree dna?

2. Which bloody test do I want to take?

Any ideas?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

I wonder what kure is up to.
                            It would be great to find out how his test went. I have no idea why he is scared to show his head here.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Onur
                              • Apr 2010

Bij, as far as i read from the DNA blogs, most of them recommends family tree dna but real question is; male or female testing?

I am asking cuz if you are a woman, then you can only do mtdna, maternal testing and it wont give you a valuable information to you cuz more than half of the European woman has same haplogroup H. You can see here;

Frequency tables showing the percentage for each mtDNA haplogroup by country and region in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.

It`s because women wasn't as mobile as men in ancient and early medieval era and most women are locals but the story changes on paternal lines. So, for women, it`s better to convince your father/brother/uncle to do the test and reveal your paternal lines instead of learning the quite predictable results in maternal lines.
                              Last edited by Onur; 09-01-2011, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

what are we looking at cost wise.is it an arm or a leg to have the dna test.
                                Last edited by George S.; 09-01-2011, 03:53 PM. Reason: ed
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X