Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian History

Old 07-18-2009, 01:42 AM   #21
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

The Montenegrins have been a cultural, (for the most part) political and geographical entity for longer than the Serbs in the recent centuries, but you're right, there are many issues, the Serbian name has a history in Montenegro but its depth and influence can be questioned.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:02 AM   #22
osiris

osiris is on a distinguished road

serbs and trsno gortsi havent always ben the best of pals, a common name for serbs in tsrna gora was palikuki ie house burners
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:18 AM   #23
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Any more information on house burners as a nickname for Serbs?
Old 07-18-2009, 04:27 AM   #24
osiris

osiris is on a distinguished road

i will post when i speak to my father next som he is in bitola now, but he did mention the source of the nickname but i have forgotten it.
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #25
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

No problem, samo da ne zaboraish, hope your father is having a good trip.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:54 AM   #26
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris View Post
i will post when i speak to my father next som he is in bitola now, but he did mention the source of the nickname but i have forgotten it.
Osiris, anything further to that?
Old 05-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #27
Blagojce

Blagojce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogi View Post
Macedonia and Montenegro are very close...they actually have real respect for Macedonians.

Macedonians also make up most of the working population in some of Montenegro's tourist hotspots, like Budva (which is very beautiful, by the way!)
I remember being in Montenegro for the first time a few years ago and walking into a club the security guard asked me for my ID, so i showed it to him. being so surprised when he saw an Aussie id for the first time and seeing my name he asked what my background was. I said Macedonian, then he tapped me on my back and said we'll take care of you Macedonian brother, only in Montenegrin.

Also another time me and my cousins from Podgorica were allowed into a club only after i said to the guys at the door that my family originates from Macedonia while pointing to the Macedonian embassy which is on their korzo.
Blagojce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:02 AM   #28
Carlin15

Carlin15 is on a distinguished road

- Anthem of Montenegro (with subtitles):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bZYmCsEfmE

- Montenegrin book - Njegosh invented the Serbian nationality of the Montenegrins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvFdgf9iyU8

- Narratives and stories from Montenegro - a story from the fifteenth century

КАЊОШ МАЦЕДОНОВИЋ (Kanjosh Macedonovic)

URL:
http://www.montenegrina.net/pages/pa..._m_ljubisa.htm

It starts out:

"In the middle of Primorje, the Pashtrova municipality has a small port, a deserted mood, which people today call the Drobnij sand. This was the place where the people gathered for the decisions, when that municipality freely and independently ruled itself.

Four courts and twelve rulers, from each tribe to one man, freely and on the other side of the chosen one, would sit under one side of the top of the sand, and the other hosts one by the other by the sand, and there they would judge and judge the most important jobs. One skilful scribe writes every time in a great book what the assembly concluded, or the courts condemned."

The "term" Macedonia in the 16th century encompassed many "Serbian" lands. In the folk stories/songs of the day towns as far as Pec and Smederevo were counted as being in Macedonia. Bozidar Vukovic of Podgorica, Montenegro - who had a printing press - states that he is from Podgorica "in Macedonian lands". Others from Moracha, Herzegovina, and Sarajevo followed suit. Apparently, the term Macedonia spread to all Serbian/Montengrin/Bosnian lands from the time when the Ohrid Church had these territories under its control.

Last edited by Carlin15; 04-01-2019 at 12:41 AM.
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:06 AM   #29
Dove

Dove is on a distinguished road

Dobro. Thank you Carlin for all your interesting posts and your dedication to sharing historical information with all of us.
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:16 PM   #30
Carlin15

Carlin15 is on a distinguished road

Montenegrin and Cretan traditional costumes of men.

Similar or not?

All 6 images below taken randomly using google.

Montenegro #1

Montenegro #2

Montenegro #3

Crete #1

Crete #2

Crete #3
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote