macedonian old passports expired this month ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

macedonian old passports expired this month ???

my dad call me yesterday and tells me that all macedonian paper passports are going to expire till end of this month .

is that true ?!?
    to be honest, but i cant believe that.
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...
  • TojSum
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Dimko-piperkata View Post
    my dad call me yesterday and tells me that all macedonian paper passports are going to expire till end of this month .

is that true ?!?
    to be honest, but i cant believe that.
    Yes that is truth. You have 5 more days.

Or you can check here on MVR site.

If you need more information you can find which number to call here:

Comment

• ProMKD
      • Oct 2011

It's very easy to get a new passport the next time you travel to Macedonia.

You can enter with your foreign passport (if you need a visa - get one).

1) Visit the nearest police station where you will be staying. You have to register there as a foreign citizen, fill out a form, and they will give you a card that you have to keep on you at all times.
      2) Visit the MRTV (Macedonian Television) building in Skopje - it's the big building on the left side of Vardar, you can't miss it. At the back (facing Vardar) you will find the MVR passport office. Get a form for a new passport.
      3) Fill out the forms, prove your citizenship (you will need a new citizenship - државјанство - you can get that at this building as well. You will need a birth certificate from Macedonia - извод. Also can be applied for here I believe, or you may have a copy at home.
      4) When you have all your documents and forms ready, you call the passport office at the MRTV building and schedule an appointment to meet to have your photos taken AT THE PASSPORT OFFICE. You do not have photos made elsewhere, they are done right inside at their desks. If you're in Macedonia for a short time, it must be done with a rushed service - брза постапка.
      5) When they give you a specific date and time to come in, go ahead and go there with all of your papers, and they will take your picture, fingerprints, and process your paperwork.
      6) In 3-4 days your brand new Macedonian Passport will be waiting for you. They will call you to come pick it up at the exact same building, but on the first floor instead of ground level.

Done. Very easy! Before you leave Macedonia, you still have to go back to that first police station that you went to, fill out a 'sign out' form, and they will give you a stamp or signature on that little card they gave you when you first arrived. Usually the border agent at the airport will ask for this when you are leaving Macedonia.

The cost of a new passport is 2,000MKD (50 USD) and 4,000 MKD (100USD) for rush service.
      www.everythingmacedonia.com
      Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Excellent advice ProMKD
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• ProMKD
          • Oct 2011

Нема излез од Македонија без нов пасош

Старите пасоши од 27 февруари не важат. Граѓаните што не извадиле нови, биометриски патни исправи, нема да може да ја напуштат Македонија со стар пасош.

Ако до крајниот рок не сте извадиле нов пасош, МВР нема да казнува, но ќе бидете блокирани за патување во странство.
          Граѓаните кои не извадиле нова лична карта и сè уште поседуваат стара, од 27 февруари нема да може да добијат ни извештај за финансиската состојба во банка, а камоли да извршат трансакција на пари или да остварат други свои права за кои е потребен овој личен документ. Во овој случај, пак, си продолжуваат да важат казните за непоседување лична карта, согласно законот.
          Сите апликации и термини за лична карта од 27 февруари натаму, МВР ќе ги смета за валидни, така што оние граѓани што не успеале до тој датум да извадат нова лична карта или нов пасош, а имаат закажано за подоцна, нема да бидат казнувани. Сите граѓани во Македонија кои немаат важечка лична карта може без закажување, веднаш да поднесат барање за издавање нова лична карта во подрачните единици на МВР, според нивното живеалиште.
          За промена на возачките дозволи остануваат уште осум месеци. (С. К. Д.)

www.everythingmacedonia.com
          Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• Brian
            Banned
            • Oct 2011

It might be a dumb question, but is there any benefit to having a Macedonian Passport if you permanently reside outside of RoM?
            It just seems like a lot of bother for something I can do (like travel to RoM) with my Australian passport.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

some people have sentimental reasons.Some beleive if you lose one you have the other.For protection.If you have the australian passport really you don't need one when you got the other you are just carrying a duplicate.For alot of people it may be unnecessary.For others they may want to vote in a election.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                It might be a dumb question, but is there any benefit to having a Macedonian Passport if you permanently reside outside of RoM?
                It just seems like a lot of bother for something I can do (like travel to RoM) with my Australian passport.
                Other than the ability to vote and possibly easier ability to purchase property, I cannot think of any other obvious advantages.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Other than the ability to vote and possibly easier ability to purchase property, I cannot think of any other obvious advantages.
                  I think it might be a bit cheaper to travel with a Macedonian passport, within Macedonia (for accommodation, where you get treated as a local rather than being fleeced as a foreigner) and taking advantage of tourism packages to some international destinations...eg Egypt and Turkey.

Comment

Working...
                  X