X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by toothpaste View Post
    Places like Lampiri,Salona or Santorini.

Now will u answer my question ?

--how many are slavic place names in RoM?
    And why the OLDEST place names are NOT slavic???
    (Scupi ,Stovi ,Heraclea ,Monastiri )
    toothpaste, firstly either you are dumb or just ignorant, both equally bad.

1. Scupi->Skopje a KUP in Macedonian is a HEAP/PILE in English.
    2. Stobi->Stobi a STOBA in Macedonian is a PILLAR in English
    3. Heraclea->Heraclea The Macedonians claimed to be descendants of Hercules thus naming this city in honor of this mythological hero.
    4. Monastiri->Bitola the ancient name of the city is not Monastiri but rather Pelagonija, Monastiri is the name the Ottomans gave it, as well as to Monastir in nowadays Tunisia.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• toothpaste
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
      toothpaste, firstly either you are dumb or just ignorant, both equally bad.

1. Scupi->Skopje a KUP in Macedonian is a HEAP/PILE in English.
      2. Stobi->Stobi a STOBA in Macedonian is a PILLAR in English
      3. Heraclea->Heraclea The Macedonians claimed to be descendants of Hercules thus naming this city in honor of this mythological hero.
      4. Monastiri->Bitola the ancient name of the city is not Monastiri but rather Pelagonija, Monastiri is the name the Ottomans gave it, as well as to Monastir in nowadays Tunisia.
      Yes...i am ignorant but Scupi comes from macedonian kup...sure..
      Also isn't Hercules the same guy with the Greek hero ?

Do you have any dumb or smart etymological explanation about Stybera, Vylazora, Astraion, Gortyna,Europos ,Idomene ?

And if they are slavic (since macedonian is a slavic language) too (as u believe abt Scupi,or Stobi )...?
      How could u explain the existence of slavic place names in Greece if there wasnt a slavic migration?

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

Do you have any dumb or smart etymological explanation about Stybera, Vylazora, Astraion, Gortyna,Europos ,Idomene ?

And if they are slavic (since macedonian is a slavic language) too (as u believe abt Scupi,or Stobi )...?
        How could u explain the existence of slavic place names in Greece if there wasnt a slavic migration?
        This is your first(1) and only WARNING, one more time I see you write Macedonian/Macedonia/Macedonians with a lower case "m" you will be BANNED.

Comment

• toothpaste
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
          This is your first(1) and only WARNING, one more time I see you write Macedonian/Macedonia/Macedonians with a lower case "m" you will be BANNED.
          Macedonian is an adjective not a noun.
          Adjectives are written with a lower case first letter.

Now if you cannot answer my question that's ok.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Macedonian is an adjective not a noun.
            Adjectives are written with a lower case first letter.

Now if you cannot answer my question that's ok.
            Macedonian as in reference to the language is written with a upper case "M", if you take the time to write Greek and Greece correctly then you shall write Macedonian accordingly.

You have been warned, keep playing this game and you are out of here, remember we did not ask you to come, you came here of your own free will, then RESPECT US or get lost. WE DO NOT NEED YOU.

Comment

• toothpaste
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

Nobody needs anyone- you are asking for debate and instead of answering and asking...u come with an ultra-sensitivity in the edge of paranoia!
              If u look my prev posts (i m really bored to) u ll definitely find greek or even greece .

But ok...since u re so sensitive on this ,i ll be writing MACEDONIA/MACEDONIAN ,when i m talking with you.

Now to the point ..(if u have any arguments)

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I had an Italian friend called Ercole. Any ideas where that name comes from? Perhaps he is a Greek hero.

I personally would like to extend an apology to you. I forgot that by allowing the British to tell the mongrel lot down south that they were pure Hellenes, that they solely could lay claim to all of antiquity. For this I apologise.

But I do not apologise for stating unequivocally that you are basing all of your arguments on a perceived connection with antiquity. For this, you will fail miserably.

And Santorini was named by the Venetians. Not the Franks. Hardly Germanic. When I bother to look up those other TWO names supplied, I am sure we will find other interesting facts.

I think Greeks should celebrate the Frankish rule. It might bring legitimacy to their Germanic Bavarian King Otto. Where is that BMW flag again.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• toothpaste
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2008

Franks...Germanic ??

"Frankish" or "Latin" apply to the Crusaders that conquered the Byzantine Empire in 1204 (not all).
                  Most of them originated from Baronies of modern France ...and subsequently they were french (medieval of course) speakers.

Ah i forgot...it's like Bulgarians are Tatars...so French are Germanic.

Anyway.

Should i ask again for an answer,or your truth is just statements and questions without answers?

Or just admit you have no logical explanations..and move on.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Have you actually answered anything? And now you want me to answer something about your response? Franks were Proto Germanic. They wrote in Latin (They were Romans under the GBTOL = Greek Bullshit Theories on Life). When you ultimately learn to read, you will possibly learn something.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Svoliani
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2008

The funniest one on that list had to be Asprohori, i mean i had to go back and check twice to see if i read it right. Heres a few more that you shouldnt even bother putting on your list

Khrisovitsa
                      Grammatina
                      Buf
                      Boufovo
                      Igoumenitsa

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Svoliani View Post
                        The funniest one on that list had to be Asprohori, i mean i had to go back and check twice to see if i read it right. Heres a few more that you shouldnt even bother putting on your list

Khrisovitsa
                        Grammatina
                        Buf
                        Boufovo
                        Igoumenitsa
                        Why shouldn't they be on the list?

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

can one of our famous greek intellectuals here tell me what part of greece the suffix itsa comes from.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                            can one of our famous greek intellectuals here tell me what part of greece the suffix itsa comes from.
                            The real Greek usage of this suffix in fact comes from using it as a prefix.
                            I refer to the following example:

ITSA all Grik to me.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

ne re itsa all greek to mi too, from the north to the south all greeks will fight to continue the enslavement of the dirty barbarian slavs in macedonia.

but seriously rtg why do greeks use such an obvious slavic suffix so extensively.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Truthfully, my opinion is that it is a nod to the Macedonians and related peoples who have been there for a very long time. For our influences to have permeated the culture so far South, well ... only a deep sense of denial will not allow the Greeks to accept our contributions toward their region.

My prediction is that when all is lost with the name game, they will pull this final rabbit out of the hat. How they have carried the torch of the Slavs since Kiril & Metodi and how Macedonia can be home to the Slav Greeks. (Stranger things are being done by them every day).
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X