Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 07-30-2018, 07:13 PM   #141
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

I've always found J2a1b1's too clingy.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:17 PM   #142
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Who says ancient Greek is not also ancient Macedonian? I would be very surprised if the ancient peoples of the Balkan peninsula varied much DNA wise. Before the Romans invaded the region the peoples would have been pretty homogeneous I would expect.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:47 AM   #143
tchaiku

tchaiku is on a distinguished road

J2a was found in Minoans and Mycenaeans.
tchaiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:46 PM   #144
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Elaborate please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaiku View Post
J2a was found in Minoans and Mycenaeans.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:31 AM   #145
tchaiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
Elaborate please.
Scientist have found ancient DNA from Mycenaeans and Minoans.

However, J2a is a very diverse haplogroup, it is found high in Caucus, Anatolia, Levant, Italy, south Balkans etc. And it covers a considerable proportion all the way to west China.

For example in Cypriots and Pontic Greeks J2a (which is high there) is of Near Eastern origin (Lazes, Armenians, Levantines), not old Greek.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:46 PM   #146
Carlin15

Carlin15 is on a distinguished road

Haplogroup J2a has been found in the following 'clans' in Montenegro: Пјешивци (Pyeshivtsi) and Цуце (Tsutse).

The closest to Perunovic from Pyeshivtsi is an Italian from Verona (Turtelli). Haplogroup J2a is often associated with Etruscans as well, so its presence in these parts of Italy is not surprising.

Turtelli has been tested on 37 markers, so the age of the 'common ancestor' can be roughly estimated. Namely, Perunovic and Turtelli had a 'common ancestor' about 2000 years ago.

URL:
https://www.poreklo.rs/forum/index.php?topic=1305.0

PS:

The 'DNA story' and timeline I received from ancestryDNA is rather interesting and is not related to the haplogroup result I shared already (I found that out by exporting the raw data results I received). The DNA story one receives from ancestryDNA is represented in a timeline and indicated by big (or small) 'circles' or 'dots' on a map.

Last edited by Carlin15; 08-08-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:49 AM   #147
Amphipolis
Banned

Amphipolis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin15 View Post
The 'DNA story' and timeline I received from ancestryDNA is rather interesting and is not related to the haplogroup result I shared already (I found that out by exporting the raw data results I received). The DNA story one receives from ancestryDNA is represented in a timeline and indicated by big (or small) 'circles' or 'dots' on a map.
So, will you share the results? We're interested in the format, not your actual ancestry. Is it worth it?
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:07 PM   #148
tchaiku

Old 08-25-2018, 06:21 PM   #149
Carlin15

Carlin15 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphipolis View Post
So, will you share the results? We're interested in the format, not your actual ancestry. Is it worth it?
It depends what you are looking for (?). I honestly didn't do a thorough review/comparison of different ancestry testing services, and went with AncestryDNA as the kit was on sale - the price was significantly reduced. Some online classify AncestryDNA as the best service for what it offers and price-point.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-dna-test/

Also, 3 Mistakes to Avoid When Shopping for a DNA Test:
https://geneticsdigest.com/best_ance...SAAEgJ3pvD_BwE

Anyway, AncestryDNA will present your Ethnicity results based on different AncestryDNA Regions, such as: Europe South, Europe East, Europe West, Caucasus, Middle East, etc. Each of these regions has its own sub-regions.

For example, I am mostly Europe South (primarily located in "Italy/Greece", with the sub-region "Greece, Turkey & Albania" - Rep. of Macedonia is included within this sub-region "Greece, Turkey & Albania" - but it also appears under Europe East), and Europe East coming in second. I also have traces from other regions which AncestryDNA classifies as Low Confidence Regions, such as: Caucasus, Europe West and even Finland/NW Russia!

Sub-region "Greece, Turkey & Albania"
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:17 PM   #150
maco2envy

maco2envy is on a distinguished road

I lot of Macedonians I know which have taken the AncestryDNA test have been falling into this so-called "Greece, Turkey & Albania" subregion. Quick question Carlin, did you specify any prior information with regards to your background to AncestryDNA?
maco2envy is offline   Reply With Quote