• NikodimMKD
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

"Ivanov: We won't accept insulting name"

Then what exactly are we "negotiating"?

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

What do you think we should do Niko? Can you enlighten us?
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• NikodimMKD
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
        What do you think we should do Niko? Can you enlighten us?
        It was a mistake to get into the negotiations in the first place. A massive tactical blunder...

Notice how the Greeks have gone from trying to define a name to trying to define the ethnicity, language etc.

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

And time is on our side, the Greeks think/thought this would be easily forgotten, but hey presto :rmacedonia
          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

What valid observations. Greece has achieved nothing whatsoever that cannot be changed or reversed immediately. They are simply noisy peasants.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• King Makedon
              • Apr 2009

I hope this was not just an empty phrase of pres. Ivanov, as politicians usually do talk avoiding unpleasant questions by the press.
              ]
              The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
              [/SIZE]

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

Any single change of the current name for me is insultive!
                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

I just want to know what is going to happen if we say we are not part of this anymore. We are not playing daj mi go, na ti go with our name. Do you really think something major will happen? I don't

Comment

• makedonin
                    • Sep 2008

Ivanov is close admirer of Donski, thus in the case I think he is allying with Gruevski even though they have to play the politic game.
                    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                      We need straight answers from our government in the Republic. No more toying around.
                      Thats the problem.

We do not know their position. They have never made this clear. Is it the one name or, two name formula? The only thing they have been clear about is that the Macedonian people will decide.

But I think these politicians are selling us out.

We have already decided, right? Wasn't the first referendum valid? What about our right to self determination - isn't that being supplanted also?

These politicians are behaving as though "nothing in the past matters". I mean that literally - that our self determination does not matter, the first referendum does not matter ...etc.

Comment

• King Makedon
                        • Apr 2009

If it appears that we have voted for a namechange during the new referendum. then i guess heavy riots will start in macedonia with many casualties and victims. And the responsible people will flee or die.
                        ]
                        The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
                        [/SIZE]

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

i would have prefferd ivanov to have said this whole name process is insulting in itself, and that its time the charade was ended, we are macedonian of macedonia and nothing else is acceptable.

Comment

• NikodimMKD
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2009

The politicians cannot speak freely and openly as we do in here. I agree though that we should leave the negotiations even if that means double veto in both NATO and the EU.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Nikodim, which part of the world are you writing from, if you are on the planet at all?
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                                • Sep 2008

Obama sends congratulatory note to Ivanov

Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov has received a note of congratulations from the United States President Barack Obama on the occasion of country's national holiday Ilinden.

- The people of America join me in my congratulations to You and to all Macedonian citizens with regard to the anniversary of Your Day of the Republic, August 2. I wish You all the best while celebrating Your first national holiday as President. I am looking forward to working together in order to strengthen the permanent partnership between the United States and the Republic of Macedonia, which is based on joint values and further commitment to safe and peaceful world, reads the note sent by US President Obama.

Ivanov received congratulatory notes from the Emir of Qatar, Kuwait, presidents of China, Croatia, Switzerland, Russia, Serbia, Italy, UK, Ukraine etc. Switzerland also celebrates August 2nd as their national holiday.

anyhow...if this words comes from the heart thanks.
                                1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                                2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

Working...
                                X