X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

The fresco doesn't help much...

Sisoes the Great was from the 4th century and this fresco doesn't say where he saw the body.

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

According to the old Macedonian folk legend in the village of Trebishte (Ohridsko I think), Alexander was buried near their village. He was buried in a grave that was unassuming so no one would loot it.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Red=ΕΛΛΗΝων=of the GREEKS
        White=ΑΛεΞΑΝΔΡΟΥ=ALEXANDER's

In fact didn't really bring it for that...! It was Som who asked abt the inscription.
        I haven't noticed it till then-but it's a really extra ordinary Byzantine fresco.
        TerraNova, the fresco does not use the letters that you have just used, nor the suffix for Elin(wn).

Can you please show me where you obtained a translation for it?

Can you provide a transliteration into Latin characters for the letters above?

It is an interesting fresco, if you could provide the above information it woud be appreciated.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• osiris
          • Sep 2008

gee terraa nova using a fresco from the 4th century to prove alexanders hellenism is scraping the barrel in desperation. why noy use the revolts against his rule and the polemics against him by his greek conetmporys wouldnt that be more illustartive of who he was and how his greek subjects considered him.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

C'mon Osiris, in 600 years time George Bush will be remembered as a wonderful Greek.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
              • Sep 2008

risto we are all greeks from the north to the south east to the west, from spain to russia from africa to germania. wherever you can buy a souvlaki there is greece,

ah greece the food the islands the music the kaltsa the wimin,

re malaka what are we doing here now we could be in arvanovlachia pretending we are greeks and chasing terranova the slavic princess from halkidiki.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

It bothers me very little that the fresco says Alexander the king of "Hellenes" as East Roman terminology often referred to the pre-Christian PAGANS as "Hellenes".

What interests me is that firstly, the fresco uses some letters which are not used in modern Greek, and it also appears to have some word forms that do not seem to be the same as modern Greek. Hence the request for a Latin transliteration so we can see the words in their proper forms (via Latin characters), whereby we can make a more accurate judgment on this fresco.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  It bothers me very little that the fresco says Alexander the king of "Hellenes" as East Roman terminology often referred to the pre-Christian PAGANS as "Hellenes".

What interests me is that firstly, the fresco uses some letters which are not used in modern Greek, and it also appears to have some word forms that do not seem to be the same as modern Greek. Hence the request for a Latin transliteration so we can see the words in their proper forms (via Latin characters), whereby we can make a more accurate judgment on this fresco.
                  If this is in fact Byzantine then the correct terminology for the Ancient pagans would be "Hellenes", because they were not Christian as the Byzantines were, who were Romans.

I also noticed this about the letters that you mention SoM, they look like Old Church Slavonic letters and not Greek at all.
                  Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Delodephius
                    • Sep 2008

SoM you do know that Greek liturgical texts are written with letters in a different font than the popular alphabet. Much like Cyrillic in Church Slavonic:

Cyrillic letters and style was designed based on the Greek letters.

And you also know that OCS, Church Slavonic and Greek use heavy abbreviations? In Slavonic texts it is marked with a titlo above a letter in a word. For example in the link above, under 21. look for the first word after a colon ( that should say "оучитєлю" but instead it is abbreviated to "оучт҃лю".
                    The link above only has three abbreviations, but there are many texts that are full of them, almost every second-third word.
                    अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                    उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                    This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                    But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• TerraNova
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      TerraNova, the fresco does not use the letters that you have just used, nor the suffix for Elin(wn).

Can you please show me where you obtained a translation for it?

Can you provide a transliteration into Latin characters for the letters above?

It is an interesting fresco, if you could provide the above information it woud be appreciated.
                      Which letters are not written ??

Οne Λ is inside the other.in ΕΛΛΗΝΩΝ
                      ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡ (ου=another symbol(an abreviation))
                      Also most of the letters are connected one to another,so thats maybe you cant recognize them.
                      The only letter which is not used today in Greek is "C".This was used for "s" since hellenistic era ,instead of "Σ".

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

The only letter which is not used today in Greek is "C".This was used for "s" since hellenistic era ,instead of "Σ".
                        When exactly was this abandoned TN?
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova
                          Which letters are not written ??
                          Why are you asking me questions you answered yourself already? In the fresco one symbol is used where you use OU instead, in the fresco I see the letter C which is not used in modern Greek.

Why don't you transliterate it all into Latin letters, it will only take you a few moments, and then more viewers can read it easier?

Originally posted by Risto the Great
                          When exactly was this abandoned TN?
                          I would say sometime after independence and their 'great' creation, for the purpose of bringing them 'closer' to the ancient Greeks.

Comment

• Magedon
                            • Dec 2008

About the grave i know of some theories - the first one is ofc Belasica (dont forget the battle of belasica with the blinded-samuel was defending the mountin)-also its a fact (not speculation) that there was Yu army activity in the late 80's and that the greeks tried to dig an underground tunnel to cross the border to belasica,but the project went offully wrong,some 15 ppl died during the project.They closed it after the accident.

Also, some very knowledgable elderly Macedonians told me that it is very possible that the grave is somewhere around MOGILA (mogila means tomb on arch mako)and also in Mogila there are 3 artificial conusoid mountin structures wich suspiciosly look like pyramids - but they were very secretive about it and they let me only to see the 'piramides'

Som

The grave was in Alexandria - but roman emperor SEPTIMIUS SEVER ordered an expedition to Macedonia to burry the sarcofagus AND an secret knowledge in books (the bronze book)that the mankind wasnot ready for.The kargo was transported both by sea and land and everyone involved in the journey were killed including the Roman komanders and soldiers - so noone ever knows where the grave is. This story was confirmed by baba Vangja.

Its definitly in the republic, tho. Alex last wish was to b buried in Macedonia - and Sever maybe had a dream or an oracle told him something so he shipped the body back home.
                            Makedonsko devojche, kitka sharena; od gradina nabrana - dar podarena - IMA LI ?????

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Magedon View Post
                              Also, some very knowledgable elderly Macedonians told me that it is very possible that the grave is somewhere around MOGILA (mogila means tomb on arch mako)and also in Mogila there are 3 artificial conusoid mountin structures wich suspiciosly look like pyramids - but they were very secretive about it and they let me only to see the 'piramides'
                              I know of similar "mountains" shaped like pyramids, three lying side by side, one bigger then the other, they are in the Pelagonija region.......
                              who knows.....
                              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• osiris
                                • Sep 2008

i wonder what would happen if aleksandars body was found within the borders of the republic.

Comment

Working...
                                X