Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Wasn't there tension & worsening tensions when they tried to stop them from putting their flags up,in the end the albanians did whatever they wanted.Can someone please do that in another country & see if you don'tget beaten/shot/jailed etc.
    The govt went weak at the knees & like everything alse simply accomodated their demands
    virtually at any cost.The last thing the rom govt want's is an albanian rebellion.So it was coerced along to give in to the flag issue.Coorect me if i'm wrong the police were told somewhere not to bother about the flags & remember the unversity of tetovo fiasco.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

George, you grew up in Macedonia, is that correct? How were relations with the minorities back then?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Correct born & grew up around bitola until age10.I noticed from my early childhood a shiptar is a bad person,he is worse than a gypsy.He was a hated person.I din't know why.I learned a shiptar was albanian.I heard they were buying people's farms & they were taking over villages like gradeshnitsa.I heard there was only one house left & the made life hell for the macedonians to sell out.Also the albanians used to build high wall visoki avlie & high gates.You dare not walk in the night there or they could stab or attack you.
        Years later My wife recounted how as students they went to kosovo for an excursion & how the shiptars about
        30 of them tried to tip the bus over but the serb police belted them up before they could do it.
        Other minorities like gypsies the'd be stealing off you mainly ie knock on your door at the front & busy talking while they went to steal from the back chckens.pigs etc.
        Turks the only thing i heard is what they did years ago to the macedonian.The only off putting things is they wore turbans,otherwise i considered turks as sort of ok.
        Other people like serbs,vlachs,greeks,romas,just considered them as different people.I considered bulgarian to be different but notice some people saying we were bulgarian which was odd.
        Last edited by George S.; 07-17-2011, 10:57 AM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Thanks for the explanation George. It is sad that such animosity existed even back then, none of these issues are created out of thin air, there is precedent here, all the way back to the Ottoman Empire.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

One thing i forgot to mention that sometimes we regarded the turks as similar to the shiiptars because of their association to islam.
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Yeah, that is common among Macedonians, but also Bulgars, Serbs and others - basically, any Muslim was (and still quite often is) referred to as a Turk. Just a remnant from Ottoman times, although several Albanian first and last names would fit right at home in Turkey or some Arab country.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

There is a saying being rarred with the same brush.It's kind of superficial.I would like to say if the albanians stopped all that bs about splitting macedonia up & behaved like all the other"citizens"of macedonia i wouldn't hate them that muh but they won't change.So in effect they are forcing us to hate them.As macedonians we are the most peacefull people on this planet & we are resilient.If we we are forced into something we really hate then i pity the poor souls who are going to get it because thereis so much we can take.
                One thing that comes to mind the level of tolerance that we show other people & minorities is like absurd.We seem to stretch ourselves like a fabric.Look at how the public are to whatever absurdities the politicians dish out.The general macedonian public is the one that will ultimately suffer.Long patience & a long suffering people that's what they are.
                Last edited by George S.; 07-17-2011, 04:57 PM.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Onur
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  several Albanian first and last names would fit right at home in Turkey or some Arab country.
                  Because they are semitic names in Arabic form. Actually most of them are Hebrew Jewish names and you christians use these names too, in Latin or Greek form but Albanians and Turks just uses their Arabic derivation of it, thats the only difference.

For example;

Hebrew Yochana, Latin John, Greek Yannis, Arabic (Turkish, Albanian) Yahya
                  Hebrew Avraham, Latin Abraham, Arabic (Turkish, Albanian) Ibrahim
                  Hebrew Yakoov, Latin Jacque/Jack, Arabic (Turkish, Albanian) Yakup

Actually those names which you guys have thought as Arabic are in fact Jewish names and you christians use teh very same names too.

This is always an issue for argument in Turkey. Religious people mostly prefers these semitic names for their children but they are not against Turkish names either but some people like myself are strictly against these Arabic-semitic names and they always give Turkish names to their children like Tarkan, Timur, Murad, Attila etc.

If i were you, i would give Macedonian names to my children like Alexander. Your so-called christian names are in fact Jewish names, only with few letter changes, Latinized forms of it. Whenever i speak about the names issue with someone here, they always say "but these are muslim names" and i always remind them that these are in fact Hebrew names, not islamic at all. So, i would never give semitic name to my child, i think you shouldn't either.
                  Last edited by Onur; 07-17-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Niko777
                    • Oct 2010

Correct born & grew up around bitola until age10.I noticed from my early childhood a shiptar is a bad person,he is worse than a gypsy.He was a hated person.I din't know why.I learned a shiptar was albanian.I heard they were buying people's farms & they were taking over villages like gradeshnitsa.I heard there was only one house left & the made life hell for the macedonians to sell out.Also the albanians used to build high wall visoki avlie & high gates.You dare not walk in the night there or they could stab or attack you.
                    This sounds similar to what I heard in Aegean Macedonia around Lerin just a couple of years ago. Albanian workers are hated and feared in the villages, blamed for rape, robberies, and vandalism/break ins to churches. Albanians without documents are constantly found and arrested and sent back across the border.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                      Actually those names which you guys have thought as Arabic are in fact Jewish names and you christians use teh very same names too.
                      Thanks for telling me the obvious, but we don't use them in the Arabic fashion like you Muslims do. There is no Macedonian Christian with a name like Ibrahim. Many Albanian (and Turkish) first and last names fit perfectly as Arabic names, there is no difference at all. While Macedonian names, although several of them semitic and biblical, would be easily distinguished from proper Hebrew Jewish names. That was my point.

As for the name of Atila, when was the first time it was used by Turks in recorded history, before the man himself?
                      If i were you, i would give Macedonian names to my children like Alexander.
                      Alexander is a biblical name too. The origin doesn't bother me much so long as it has significance for Macedonia. For example, a medieval emperor of the region was called Samuel, I think that is a good name, and it is semitic by origin (Shmuel).

Comment

Working...
                      X