• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Macedonia Soothes Albanians Over Hague Cases

By Sinisa Jakov Marusic and Sase Dimovski

Talks between Gruevski’s VMRO-DPMNE party and its ethnic Albanian partner, the Democratic Union for Integration, DUI, appear to be over on a new government.

Talks began after both parties won the June 5 elections in their respective ethnic blocs.

Sources from both parties told Balkan Insight that an agreement on a new government was speedy after VMRO-DPMNE accepted three key DUI demands concerning the Albanian community.

VMRO-DPMNE reportedly agreed to dump plans to re-examine four war crimes cases that the International Criminal Tribunal for former Yugoslavia, ICTY, had returned to Macedonia in 2008.

The cases involve alleged crimes committed by ethnic Albanian guerrillas, including current DUI officials, during the 2001 armed conflict in the country.

Many feared that reviving the cases before the Macedonia’s domestic courts would rekindle the ethnic disputes of the past.

Since the four cases were returned from the Hague, only one case of alleged torture perpetrated against construction workers has reached the courts, but it has been repeatedly postponed.

A senior official from the Macedonian prosecution recently told Balkan Insight under condition of anonymity that following the return of the Hague cases he received political instructions to “manage the cases”, meaning stall proceedings in the courts.

DUI and VMRO-DPMNE officials brief that these cases will now lapse under a general amnesty law for former insurgents that was adopted shortly after the conflict ended.

In 2001 Macedonia saw an armed conflict between Albanian insurgents and the security forces. The clashes ended with the signing of the Ohrid peace accord that guaranteed Albanians more rights. The insurgency leaders then formed the DUI.

Party sources say the two winning parties have agreed that families of former Albanian insurgents who were injured or killed during the 2001 conflict will receive state pensions. The DUI had previously insisted on state pensions for all former insurgents, whether or not they were injured.

The third DUI demand that Gruevski has reportedly accepted concerns language. Ethnic Albanian MPs and ministers want the right to use their native language in parliament.

Currently, Albanian can be used in parliament, but with restrictions. For example, a legislator may not use Albanian when presiding over a parliamentary commission, but its use is permissible during plenary sessions.

Gruevski’s new ministerial line-up is still a mystery. But some new faces are anticipated. It is also expected that the DUI will have more ministers than it did in the last government.

The third government led by Gruevski will most probably be adopted without hitches, as his party and the DUI control over 70 of the 123 seats in parliament. Gruevski has been in power since 2006.
    I guess if we follow UMD's example, we should be positive about this news and encourage Macedonia to continue to strive to improve relations all over the world etc etc.

But I guess I would like to say DPmNE are a bunch of stupid maggots and supporting them or any other traitors highlights the broken down enslaved mentality of our fellow "European" Macedonians in Macedonia.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Mactruth
    • Dec 2010

When will the Macedonian government realize that the Albanians are trying to take over the control of Macedonia away from Macedonians? It is pathetic that Macedonians that committed war crimes have been prosecuted, Macedonian families have not been given anything for their families that have been tortured or killed!

Meanwhile, Macedonians give AMNESTY to Albanians IN OFFICE that slaughtered them, and are given them MONEY if they had a little bruise!

Macedonians are pretty much saying "hey look I know you guys hurt me in the past, but I want to put it into my unconscious mind and while I'm at it I'm going to give you money for anal probing me!"

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

VMRO-DPMNE reportedly agreed to dump plans to re-examine four war crimes cases that the International Criminal Tribunal for former Yugoslavia, ICTY, had returned to Macedonia in 2008.
      DUI and VMRO-DPMNE officials brief that these cases will now lapse under a general amnesty law for former insurgents that was adopted shortly after the conflict ended.
      If you're in the DPNE party or a member of one of their satellite groups in the diaspora, I only have one question. WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU SUPPORTING THESE TREACHEROUS POLICIES?
      Party sources say the two winning parties have agreed that families of former Albanian insurgents who were injured or killed during the 2001 conflict will receive state pensions.
      Terrorists who take up arms against the Macedonian state will receive pensions for their efforts at destablising Macedonia. Something like this can happen only in Macedonia.
      Currently, Albanian can be used in parliament, but with restrictions. For example, a legislator may not use Albanian when presiding over a parliamentary commission, but its use is permissible during plenary sessions.
      Would America accept government officials addressing them in Spanish during plenary sessions? Would Australia accept Arabic? Would Germany accept Turkish? Would Turkey accept Kurdish? These traitors have destroyed Macedonian sovereignty.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• United MKD
        • Jul 2011

News like this is how I don't understand how those thousands of people celebrated out on the street for the victory of VMRO DPMNE, like it was the saviour of this country. I honestly don't understand them are they that ignorant? And don't get me started on the diaspora VMRO maniacs.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by United MKD View Post
          News like this is how I don't understand how those thousands of people celebrated out on the street for the victory of VMRO DPMNE, like it was the saviour of this country. I honestly don't understand them are they that ignorant? And don't get me started on the diaspora VMRO maniacs.
          Welcome to the forum. Are you Australian based?
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

more comprimise & capitulation.they can't resolve anything as complex as the minority walking over their sovereignity.They just allow trhem to have anything they want.The govt does not care for it's own citizens for fear of upsetting the albanians.That is really stupid
            letting them walk over them even as respect for their language WHY.???
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by United MKD View Post
              And don't get me started on the diaspora VMRO maniacs.
              Welcome to the forum, United MKD. If you have some information relating to DPNE groups in the diaspora that you think we should know about, please share.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• United MKD
                • Jul 2011

Thanks! Yeah, I'm from Perth. Been reading this forum for months now and finally decided to actually sign up. I just know that Perth is mostly full of VMRO patriots who are hell bent on convincing the world that Gruevski is the best thing since slice bread. As was Ljube Boskovski, as was Ljubco Georgievski etc etc not a great track record. Now some of the younger ones are getting involed with UMD...

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

UMD are opportunistic, just like the current Gruevski regime, so it comes as no suprise that supporters of either would align with each other. In the past most of us have made the mistake of supporting so-called 'patriots' that turned into traitors. But things are different now, Macedonians across the world are (and should be) much more aware of who represents what. The supporters of Gruevski don't have a clue because they stare at his photo rather than reading what he has said and done.

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

United MKD

Welcome to the forum!
                    I look forward to your input here. It is important that you let the young people in Perth know that UMD do not represent the diaspora, they only think they do!
                    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• United MKD
                      • Jul 2011

Thanks for the walm welcome guys

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

welcome to the MTO United MKD
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Zarni
                          Banned
                          • May 2011

It is so disgusting and beyond belief what more can be said.
                          Last edited by Zarni; 07-15-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

welcome umkd.As you can gather the macedonians are too busy giving their soveregnity away to minorities like albanians.The mighty vote has a lot of bargaining power.So they are in constant need to be in bed with them So ridiculous they have even given a terrorists ministers jobs on defence & other portfolios.Also the govt has ignored prosecuting these
                            criminals..
                            Last edited by George S.; 07-15-2011, 06:26 PM. Reason: ed
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Ljubanec
                              • Nov 2010

Welcome UMKD,

I am getting conflicting reports which is troubling, though not so troubling as terrorists getting pensions.

Vecer, Macedonia: VMRO-DPMNE, DUI reach agreement to form coalition
                              13 July 2011 | 08:51 | FOCUS News Agency
                              Home / Southeast Europe and Balkans
                              Skopje. Talks between the VMRO-DPMNE and the Union for Democratic Integration (DUI) ended up successfully, writes Macedonian Vecer daily.
                              It is expected by the end of the week for mandate-holder Nikola Gruevski to announce the line-up and the programme of the new government.
                              Vecer remarks that despite the speculations the positions in the security and customs services will be given to the VMRO-DPMNE.
                              Former members of the National Liberation Army will not get a pension, while at the recommendation of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, the parliament should give authentic interpretation of four cases of war crimes, which are heard at the Macedonian courts.
                              DUI has undertaken the engagement to secure compensations for the resettled people during the conflicts.

Comment

Working...
                              X