X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Gabriela Arsova-Miloshevska and the Republican Alliance are open traitors

Macedonia is 20 years old, if you’re talking about the former Yugoslav republic. Or it’s thousands of years old, if you’re talking ancient history.

Macedonia tiff all Greek to NATO, EU

By Ben Birnbaum
    The Washington Times, 8:43 p.m., Thursday, July 21, 2011

Macedonia is 20 years old, if you’re talking about the former Yugoslav republic. Or it’s thousands of years old, if you’re talking ancient history.

The country clearly has an identity crisis.

Now the leader of a new political party in Macedonia believes she has a way to solve the problem and end a diplomatic dispute with neighboring Greece - which objects to its name, its symbols and its claims to the past.

Gabriela Arsova-Miloshevska, founder and chairwoman of the new Republican Alliance, wants to change the country’s name, flag, seal, national anthem and, she hopes, its future.

“I believe that people are ready for something different,” she said in a recent interview.

Ms. Arsova-Miloshevska, a former member of the ruling conservative party’s executive committee, said she supports the current government’s quest for membership in the European Union and NATO but added that Macedonia first must solve domestic disputes and settle its disagreements with Greece.

“To achieve integration in Europe, we must first achieve integration at home,” she said,.

Macedonia, with a ethnically diverse population of 2 million, is one of seven states to emerge from the rubble of Yugoslavia in 1991. However, it ran into an immediate conflict with Greece, which has a northern province also named Macedonia.

Both countries have ancient claims to Philip II of Macedon and his son Alexander the Great, arguably the most famous military leader of the ancient world.

Greece objected to Macedonia’s membership in the United Nations until it agreed to enter under the temporary, if cumbersome, name of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM). Greece also demands that Macedonia change its name to something acceptable to Athens before Macedonia is admitted to the European Union.

Greece, a NATO member, also has sway over Macedonia’s desire to join the Western military alliance.

“People want to get into the EU, but they don’t want to resolve the problem of the name,” Ms. Arsova-Miloshevska said.

“So we have to explain to them why this is important because without resolving this problem, there is not going to be economic growth.”

She also said Macedonia needs a new flag. The current one was redesigned in 1995 because of a dispute with Greece about a historical symbol related to Philip and Alexander, but the ethnic Albanian minority, which makes up about a quarter of the population, has largely rejected the new flag.

“We would like to ask everybody [for their ideas on a new flag] and see the different options,” she said.

The national anthem also needs to go.

“The national anthem we have now is from when the Macedonians were fighting against the Turks,” she said, referring to the conflict with the Ottoman Turkish Empire before World War I.

“It’s fixed in one period in time.”
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • julie
    • May 2009

Gabriela Arsova-Miloshevska, founder and chairwoman of the new Republican Alliance, wants to change the country’s name, flag, seal, national anthem and, she hopes, its future.

kurshum
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ben Birnbaum
      The country clearly has an identity crisis.
      Not the country, just the handful of opportunistic leaders running (or trying to run) the country.
      “People want to get into the EU, but they don’t want to resolve the problem of the name,” Ms. Arsova-Miloshevska said.

“So we have to explain to them why this is important because without resolving this problem, there is not going to be economic growth.”
      Sound familiar? Those words could have come straight from somebody like the so-called 'Currency Trader' from this forum, or from Clinton, or from anybody else that doesn't give a fig about the integrity of the Macedonian people. Anyway, with this statement it is obvious that Arsova-Miloshevska has relinquished her right to be a Macedonian, and will remain a traitor henceforth, if she wasn't one already.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• mango
        • Feb 2010

more...

This from another forum:

i da ne zaboravam. vo najava e formiranje na republikanska partija. ke ja oformi Gabriela Arsova Milosevska. taa e clen na partijata na ljuBco, ama za brzo vreme ke si bega od nego. zenata e doktor na nauki, doktorirala vo USA, i najverojatno ima poddrska od tamu. mozam da kazam deka e ona najpismena vo taa partija. http://vmro-np.org.mk/?attachment_id=305

Comment

• Ljubanec
          • Nov 2010

I googled this woman's name to find out more about the legitimacy of her "party". I found the link to this thread, then the WSJ article and then most interestingly enough 9 articles written in greek. This is a joke.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

we just don't need people like arsovska who are opportunists & nothing else.Perhaps she is funded by the greeks seing that it's all in greek.If she want's to change macedoni'as name she would be a traitor.
            Last edited by George S.; 07-22-2011, 02:53 PM. Reason: ed
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Why do they get media attention?
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Zarni
                Banned
                • May 2011

I have written to the Post and explained this indvidials position is no way in sync with Macedonian thoughts and questioned her legitimacy when you can see the private supports she recieves in Greece

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

The media wan'ts cotroversial things to be aired & not run of the mill.Because she is new she may be newsworthy in someway.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Volk
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                    The media wan'ts cotroversial things to be aired & not run of the mill.Because she is new she may be newsworthy in someway.
                    because she is new and controversial? You kidding me....

Are the voices from greece about a Macedonian minority given any exposure because they are 'new and controversial'

The agenda behind the reasons why NOBODIES are given a voice is obvious, they are anti Macedonian and seek to destroy our nation.
                    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

The macedonian media doesn't give a fuck about outside things of macedonia.We have a newsmedia that cannot think beyond daily grind.It's giving fakes like arsov a go & running with it.I'm not in macedonia but what is the public reaction volk?? I'm sure that the public would hate her guts.The lying swine.I fully agree with The agenda behind the reasons why NOBODIES are given a voice is obvious, they are anti Macedonian and seek to destroy our nation.The blame should also rest also on our fucked up media because they don't care a shit about the macedonian situation.She shouldn't get ant air time at all or support.But from what i have read she wan't's to change everything,the flag,the name,the anthem etcShe doesn't beleive the current flag serves any purpose & the name must be change so that they can get into the eu.
                      Last edited by George S.; 07-22-2011, 10:31 PM. Reason: ed
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

The current flag does serve a purpose - it reminds us of the treachery imposed on our nation. I agree that we should change the flag - to the ancient symbol of the Macedonians.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

yes change the flag to the old one with the 16 ray sun.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                          X