X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • King Niko
    • Sep 2015

Macedonia vs Albania...

Okay, so I am making this thread, more so just to kind of discuss and open a discussion about something I learned and want to see what others have to say about it!

So recently I have been talking to several Europeans, about the actual countries when they visited.

I asked how was Albania when you visited, this is what they said, Albania is very pretty and the people are nice, but the country is very bad with managing its money. He then proceeded to show me pictures he took, and I honestly thought I was looking at Africa with Tirana, and other cities he went through, he also said Albanians were really dark skin. (for being a European country and considered white).

I asked him about Macedonia when he went, he said, it was pretty and nice, the only different thing was that it was not rich, but they used their money a lot better, and the places were more "funded", and it was more pleasant...

Now whenever I talk to people about me visiting Macedonia, I have always wanted to visit Skopje and "maybe" (I put quotations just because it is nothing I am considering serious) moving there one day. They always tell me never go there, just go to Ohrid. Much nicer,
    but I also wanted to visit Tirana in Albania, but after seeing the pictures, I have changed my mind.

So I might be moving to Bulgaria soon for two years, so it sparked me to ask this, in general, what are your experiences in these two countries? If you have been to at least one talk about it! I would like to know! Even if you are native and living there.
  • Philosopher
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by King Niko View Post
    Okay, so I am making this thread, more so just to kind of discuss and open a discussion about something I learned and want to see what others have to say about it!
    Very well then. Let us proceed.

So recently I have been talking to several Europeans, about the actual countries when they visited.

I asked how was Albania when you visited, this is what they said, Albania is very pretty and the people are nice, but the country is very bad with managing its money. He then proceeded to show me pictures he took, and I honestly thought I was looking at Africa with Tirana, and other cities he went through, he also said Albanians were really dark skin. (for being a European country and considered white).
    Not true. Albanians are a mixed bag, similar to other Balkan people. Some Albanians are very pale, very white, and very light. Some are dark. Ditto for Bulgarians, Macedonians, Greeks, et al.

Now whenever I talk to people about me visiting Macedonia, I have always wanted to visit Skopje and "maybe" (I put quotations just because it is nothing I am considering serious) moving there one day. They always tell me never go there, just go to Ohrid. Much nicer,
    but I also wanted to visit Tirana in Albania, but after seeing the pictures, I have changed my mind.
    There are plenty of nice places to visit in Macedonia, Skopje is one of them. But it all depends on what your interest are.

So I might be moving to Bulgaria soon for two years, so it sparked me to ask this, in general, what are your experiences in these two countries? If you have been to at least one talk about it! I would like to know! Even if you are native and living there.
    Bulgaria?

Comment

• VMRO
      • Sep 2008

King Niko, i thought you were going to live in the Middle East or Ukraine to join the army there if you didn't become the next Beckham.

I already planned out my future, if I do not go into professional football ( soccer ) [ I have received contracts and offers to join youth academies in europe ], then I will go to university, I will go into journalism, I will then either move to Ukraine if I decide to join the military there, or if I do not I want to live in Qatar, travel a bit, too maybe Zambia and Ghana, because I love Africa, then after so, I should find myself living in either Sarajevo or Zenica. I have my plans.
      Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• King Niko
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
        King Niko, i thought you were going to live in the Middle East or Ukraine to join the army there if you didn't become the next Beckham.
        I said I might be moving... and the University I am going to for two years will be in Bulgaria if I want to go into Journalism.. then I move to Middle East

but I am 17.. we change our plan a lot.. lol

Comment

• Benito
          • May 2015

If you have a normal income Bulgaria is very great. Sofia is not a very beautifull city but it's a very busy city with great nightlife. Good thing about Sofia is is that it's very central (you can reach Greece, Macedonia, Serbia and Romania within a few hours) so it's easy to visit neighbouring countries.

Comment

• Benito
            • May 2015

By the way, every Balkan country is great when you have a good income.

Comment

• Benito
              • May 2015

When comparing Skopje with Sofia i believe Skopje have one very big plus point and thats the river. A capital city needs a river if you ask me and it's great to have a drink next to it to catch some wind and have a drink. Sofia doesn't have a real river.
              Last edited by Benito; 01-28-2016, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• King Niko
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Benito View Post
                If you have a normal income Bulgaria is very great. Sofia is not a very beautifull city but it's a very busy city with great nightlife. Good thing about Sofia is is that it's very central (you can reach Greece, Macedonia, Serbia and Romania within a few hours) so it's easy to visit neighbouring countries.
                The university I am potentially going to in Bulgaria is in Blagoevgrad.

Comment

• Benito
                  • May 2015

The university I am potentially going to in Bulgaria is in Blagoevgrad.

Blagoevgrad is very nice and the small town is full with students from across the Globe. Blagoevgrad is almost on a walking distance from the Macedonian border and i must say the border region with Bulgaria and Macedonia is very beautifull. So as a Macedonian in Blagoevgrad you can visit your country every weekend if you like to.

Comment

• King Niko
                    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Benito View Post
                    Blagoevgrad is very nice and the small town is full with students from across the Globe. Blagoevgrad is almost on a walking distance from the Macedonian border and i must say the border region with Bulgaria and Macedonia is very beautifull. So as a Macedonian in Blagoevgrad you can visit your country every weekend if you like to.
                    Hahaha, I would love to visit Macedonia a lot, but I am not sure if I am Macedonian, my family is from Thrace though originally.

I just hope they accept me.. I am not the best student from my laziness
                    but I will find out soon!!

It is very close to Greece also which is exciting!

Thank you for the details! I appreciate it very much!!

Comment

• Benito
                      • May 2015

Hahaha, I would love to visit Macedonia a lot, but I am not sure if I am Macedonian, my family is from Thrace though originally.

I just hope they accept me.. I am not the best student from my laziness
                      but I will find out soon!!

It is very close to Greece also which is exciting!

Thank you for the details! I appreciate it very much!!
                      I feld very welcome in Skopje. I was there 2 times now. My next destination is Ohrid for sure somewhere beginning of the summer.

Comment

Working...
                      X