Sveti Jovan Bigorski Monastery confuses me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nushevski77
    • Jul 2018

Sveti Jovan Bigorski Monastery confuses me.

post deleted
    Last edited by nushevski77; 09-19-2020, 02:52 PM.
  • Amphipolis
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by nushevski77 View Post
    https://bigorski.org.mk/en/
    Just some of the things that confuse me;

1) If you look at their website they have a greek language translation, is that for aegean Macedonians?
    2) In the biography for the Abbot of the Monastery his title is Archimandrite Parthenius and in brackets (Fidanovski), is he a greek from Bitola? it says in his biography that he spent time on mount Athos. Why would he add/and or change his last name or is this something normal?
    3)As well as flying the Macedonian flag, they fly the Pontic greek flag along side it. Im just really confused, what is that flag even doing there, I thought the Pontic greek flag was only flown by the greek church, in the churches in the Levant, and by the patriarch of Constantinople?
    4) Is this a greek monastery or is this normal in Macedonian monasteries?

I don't see what's the point of being so buddy buddy with the greeks, after everything they've done.
    1) For Aegean Macedonians? That was a good one. The Abbot is clearly affiliated to Greece (probably through his time in Mount Athos) and the Patriarchy and is also a friend of Anthimos!

2) No, this is a normal ecclesiastical name, not a Greek one.

3) I couldn't find a picture with flags, not sure what you're talking about.

4) While his politics are obvious, as far as I read this monastery belongs to the major Church (Macedonian Orthodox Church – Ohrid Archbishopric).

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by nushevski77
      I can't find the picture anymore, here it is on youtube though https://youtu.be/4Xllm-vANvw?t=28
      Probably this one

Comment

• Stevce
        • Jan 2016

I am surprised that they would allow Macedonian priests in Greece.

Comment

• Amphipolis
          Banned
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Stevce View Post
          I am surprised that they would allow Macedonian priests in Greece.
          Recently, our Elder, Archimandrite Parthenius visited the holy Metropolis of Thessaloniki, where he was cordially accepted by the holy Metropolitan of

Archimandrite Parthenius met with Bishop Anthimos of Thessaloniki

01 December/14 December 2018 year of our Lord

Recently, our Elder, Archimandrite Parthenius visited the holy Metropolis of Thessaloniki, where he was cordially accepted by the holy Metropolitan of Thessaloniki, Mr. Anthimos. At the meeting our Elder expressed his gratitude to the honorable Bishop for his spiritual love and understanding, manifested through his holy apostolic mission of helping young people to attain high theological education. Namely, the Metropolitan Anthimos, having great respect towards our Elder and his evangelical mission in general, with the support of the cosmopolitan Athonite Monastery of Simonos Petra and its Elder Archimandrite Eliseos, gave his acrhipastoral blessing to a dozen students of ours to study theology at the prestigious Aristoteles University in Thessaloniki, and at the same time to study Eastern-ecclesiastic chanting with the most renowned psaltists and teachers – all that on the financial support of the Metropolis. With this noble deed, the Thessaloniki Bishop contributed to the overcoming of the heavy isolation of our Church and establishing many friendly contacts and cooperation. Such cooperation in the name of Christ lasts for almost ten years now, so that in our Church we already have several theology graduates, Magister degree students and psaltists, and some of our students are still studying there. The Metropolitan Anthimos confirmed once again his determination and openheartedness for future cooperation for the glory of God and for the benefit of the One Holy Catholical and Apostolic Church.

At the meeting Abbot Parthenius and the Bishop Anthimos discussed the necessity of a unity among all the Orthodox brothers, regardless of the state they live in, or the nationality they belong to, because we have all been united by the Body and Blood of Christ. Our brotherhood together with the Elder, Archimandrite Parthenius, would like to express its immense gratitude to the Metropolitan Anthimos for all his pastoral love and care for our students and monks, and wishes him good health, spiritual strength and constant joy in Christ our Saviour!

Comment

Working...
          X