Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian History

Old 04-05-2020, 09:24 PM   #21
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

I would imagine the term is a relatively generic term referring to "King's City" and the one for King Philip could easily have preceded the newer one in present day Istanbul.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:43 AM   #22
Karposh

Karposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud ofKarposh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_petro View Post
Hey Rogi,

Im pretty sure Tsarigrad is Macedonian for Constantinople or another name for Constantinople.
Hi Dave. Risto is right, the term is mainly generic that refers to the capital of the Byzantine Empire - Tsari Grad i.e.the "Imperial City" or; city of the Byzantine Emperors (i.e. Tsars). There is a subtle difference in the Macedonian language between the term "Kral" (a King) and "Tsar" (an Emperor). A king has his Kingdom (Kralstvo) and an Emperor has an Empire (Tsarstvo). That's the way I've always understood it to be anyway.
Karposh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:50 PM   #23
dave_petro

dave_petro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karposh View Post
Hi Dave. Risto is right, the term is mainly generic that refers to the capital of the Byzantine Empire - Tsari Grad i.e.the "Imperial City" or; city of the Byzantine Emperors (i.e. Tsars). There is a subtle difference in the Macedonian language between the term "Kral" (a King) and "Tsar" (an Emperor). A king has his Kingdom (Kralstvo) and an Emperor has an Empire (Tsarstvo). That's the way I've always understood it to be anyway.

Yeah thats more or less what I meant haha. I think I was just a little lazy in my explanation