Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

How about UMD explain its actual comments in question?
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Buktop
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      How about UMD explain its actual comments in question?
      I'm sorry, do the quotes belong to UMD or to Meto? Why don't you ask him when you see him? Oh I forgot, you won't be attending.
      "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
      though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
      Our long awaited hour will draw near
      and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Buktop, the quotes that Indigen provided belong to Meto, thats why Meto responded. I've been calling on Meto for a public debate for years now, only to have him duck, weave and hid behind his cheerleaders like yourself - what makes you think I won't be attending any of his propaganda sessions?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Buktop, while you're here, why don't you entertain us with some more of your psuedo-legal theories

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

what makes you think I won't be attending any of his propaganda sessions?
            Vangelovski, What Propaganda Sessions?? Thats not the reason why he is coming to Australia.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Prolet, do you speak for Meto or UMD? If so, what is the reason that Meto is coming to Australia, other than to spread UMD ideas and push a membership drive?

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Vangelovski, How about respect,unity,friendship,working together?? This is a chance to make things right, lets not forget that you put in alot of time and effort towards the UMD i can only hope that it doesnt go to waste.

If you follow the Maknews forum i been a critic of the UMD, but overall they have done alot of good for our Diaspora nobody is perfect and there is always room for dialogue and to solve our differences. Koj Raboti Toj i Greshi
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Prolet, there's mistakes and then there's purposeful intention. When someone has been repeatedly told (and explained why in detail) that their position is detrimental to Macedonian sovereignty and rewards extremism over and over again, and they refuse to revise their position, then its no longer a "mistake".

I’m not sure what kind of a reception Meto will receive in Melbourne, but it won’t be a warm one in NSW. He will have to either revise his support for the Interim Accord and the Framework Agreement, and explain his comments in support of a name change, or there can be no rapprochement.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop
                    SoM I don't know what to think about those statements, a lot has changed since 2004, and as you have said before, people make mistakes.
                    Buktop, people do make mistakes, and in such cases these mistakes need to be acknowledged so we can move forward. Instead of being acknowleded however, these statements are either being ignored or re-interpreted in various ways. I would much rather see Meto, as a leader, admit where he was wrong, explain what led him to make such statements, and describe what corrective action has been put in place so that he (and UMD) do not fall in the same predicament again. This will be beneficial for all of us as it can serve as an example, that way we all learn from past mistake(s).
                    My point is, whether Meto made those statements, UMD did not.
                    Buktop, I think you are sympathetic to the UMD, and I have no issues with that, but I do believe that you are too smart to believe in the point you just made. Meto's statements cannot be separated from the UMD, as the word of a president is taken as the official view of the administration/organisation. Meto can't go around making questionable statements about the Macedonian language and accepting name changes, and expect that they are disregarded on account of some 'official releases' from the UMD (which he probably writes himself anyway) because they contradict his earlier views.

Buktop, deep down, putting aside the tensions generated due to this topic and pertinent discussions, I don't believe you can honestly agree to that.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Meto's statements cannot be separated from the UMD, as the word of a president is taken as the official view of the administration/organisation. Meto can't go around making questionable statements about the Macedonian language and accepting name changes, and expect that they are disregarded on account of some 'official releases' from the UMD (which he probably writes himself anyway) because they contradict his earlier views.
                      SoM, this is regarded as a community standard and you've hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, UMD has a history of using these tactics to duck and weave.

Comment

• Buktop
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                        Buktop, the quotes that Indigen provided belong to Meto, thats why Meto responded. I've been calling on Meto for a public debate for years now, only to have him duck, weave and hid behind his cheerleaders like yourself - what makes you think I won't be attending any of his propaganda sessions?
                        Well when you were asked before if you would attend one of his meetings, you gave certain indications that you would not be attending. I hope you do attend.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                          Well when you were asked before if you would attend one of his meetings, you gave certain indications that you would not be attending. I hope you do attend.
                          If you read back on Maknews, you'll see that I said I will attend a Canberra or Sydney event.

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

Vangelovski, I see your point

My question to you is what do you expect out of this visit? You did state that it could be a propaganda mission to raise UMD memberships, it would be good to hear your side and give out your expectations out of this since now that you stated that you will attend at least one of those meetings.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Prolet, I don't expect much out of Meto's visit. It will be the same old glitz and glamour without substance. I don't think UMD will change its position because its American board members actually believe in the Interim Accord and Framework Agreement. I'm just wondering how UMD is managing to fund Meto's globe trotting, full-time salary and Washington office?

Comment

• Buktop
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                Buktop, people do make mistakes, and in such cases these mistakes need to be acknowledged so we can move forward. Instead of being acknowleded however, these statements are either being ignored or re-interpreted in various ways. I would much rather see Meto, as a leader, admit where he was wrong, explain what led him to make such statements, and describe what corrective action has been put in place so that he (and UMD) do not fall in the same predicament again. This will be beneficial for all of us as it can serve as an example, that way we all learn from past mistake(s).
                                Agreed

Buktop, I think you are sympathetic to the UMD, and I have no issues with that, but I do believe that you are too smart to believe in the point you just made. Meto's statements cannot be separated from the UMD, as the word of a president is taken as the official view of the administration/organisation. Meto can't go around making questionable statements about the Macedonian language and accepting name changes, and expect that they are disregarded on account of some 'official releases' from the UMD (which he probably writes himself anyway) because they contradict his earlier views.
                                Meto's statements on the language were made 6 years ago prior to the founding of UMD. And as you have pointed out above, I am sure that if asked at one of the meetings he will answer. Meto's duties as president include daily operations, he does not have sole authority to manipulate the agenda's and policies of UMD, that is where the board of directors comes into play as a form of checks and balances.

Buktop, deep down, putting aside the tensions generated due to this topic and pertinent discussions, I don't believe you can honestly agree to that.
                                I can only speak from what information I have. I have already agreed that if mistakes have been made then explanations are due, I have also agreed that the promptness of responses can lead to a decrease in confusion and the further misinterpretation of certain statements.

The one thing that I believe in most is action, words are meaningless without action, up to this point, UMD and Meto have proven to me that their actions are pro-Macedonian, so the only thing I can do is encourage those of you who do have concerns to attend the meetings with Meto, voice your opinions and concerns and hopefully we can move forward from these incidents. Anything more I can say on the issue is pure speculation, the only people who can answer these questions are Meto and UMD, and as I stated previously, their internet responses can only go so far, so I am in full support of attendance to these meetings.
                                Last edited by Buktop; 01-05-2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X