Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

I'm constantly arguing with older Macedonians, when I hear them speak Serbian to Serbs..? why should we speak in their language..?
    FKEN SPEAK MACEDONIAN.....or be a slave for the rest of your life..

My Wife completed a course in Belgrade and was living with her cousins that are half Macedonians... they are educated and one works in the media...
    They had a discussion about Languages and they said.. Quote “we always thought that the Macedonian Language was some funny Serbian Dialect “...? WTF...
    I guess they aren't that educated..idiots
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

I don't think all Macedonians who listen to Serb music are 'srbomani'. The main reason why they do listen to it (aside from those who have a genuine interest in Balkan music, like musicians for example) is because they yearn for that 'turbo-folk' style music which every Balkan country seems to have except Macedonia. If there were more Macedonians making such music then I would anticipate a significant reduction of Serbian music being played in Macedonia.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

I think people have lost their sense of direction & rather than look at their own musical /cultural heritage they have taken someone else's music /culture.Its like they have assimilated serb culture & music its all part of losing one's real identity people don't even realise they are mimicking the serbs.No wonder Macedonians have been playing bulgarian & other nusic like gypsy etc.Now picture how revolting it is when the serbs or bulgarians start playing macedonian music & give it the serb spin on it like stani mome da zaigrash or makedonsko devojce kitka sarena.It is all ridiculous.REgarding the macedonian music if people just like a bit of balkan music now & again i suppose what can one do but if they are wrapped up in one kind of music like serbian all the time then they are becoming serb particularly when they come more alive to it.
        Picture this the serbians have a very poor image of us macedonians & treat us like second class citizens all because we let them walk over us.
        I have a cousin in serbia his father is macedonian now deceased but the mother serbian is allways denigrating macedonians.Macedonians are this macedonians are that it's allways the same a poor opinion of who we are & a weak one at that.I can tell you i don't enjoy hearing that kind of negative talk.I avoid going there if i can.
        Last edited by George S.; 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Coolski
          • Sep 2008

I was raised in Australia. My folks can understand Serbo-croatian, but only one can speak it, and at a broken level. It would take a considerable effort for me to learn Serbian, yet I find no need to. I'd prefer to concentrate this effort on learning more useful international languages, not the language of the administration that ran the now defunct federation of Yugoslavia, regardless of how much more prosperous people in the Republic of Macedonia felt in this time.

I can understand if an older Macedonian uses it to speak with someone from another ex-Yugoslav country, given that it is often a skill left over from that period. I can't however understand why a young Macedonian raised in the Republic of Macedonia would invest their time and effort into learning Serbian, when there are so many more important ones they could learn. Fluency in Serbo-croatian amongst youth in Macedonia is much lower nowadays from what i understand.

When speaking to Serbs/Croats/Bosnians in Australia, i've found that if I speak Macedonian and they speak their language, we seem to get by without any problems. The ones i'm friends with are also not arrogant about expecting me to know it either.

The slave mentality with regards to speaking Serbo-croatian will erase with time, and even though some Macedonians in Macedonia and the diaspora will be kicking and screaming, trying to hold on to this nostalgic notion of Yugoslavia, things will change.
          - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
          - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

The only languages that should be taught as mandatory subjects in Macedonia are Old/Church Macedonian and modern Macedonian.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• ar_makedon armageddon
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              I don't think all Macedonians who listen to Serb music are 'srbomani'. The main reason why they do listen to it (aside from those who have a genuine interest in Balkan music, like musicians for example) is because they yearn for that 'turbo-folk' style music which every Balkan country seems to have except Macedonia. If there were more Macedonians making such music then I would anticipate a significant reduction of Serbian music being played in Macedonia.
              I'm still dumbfounded as to why Tose Proeski albums that we're processed in Serbian are highly more popular in Macedonia then in comparison to his Macedonian singing. WTF (nite clubs and bars in macedonia can back up my statement)

Another poor living example is a Macedonian local band from bitola called 'molika' they have just released an album sung in Serbian and it has proven to be there best selling album in Macedonia.
              We make war that we may live in peace.

Aristotle

Comment

• Komita
                • May 2009

Originally posted by ar_makedon armageddon View Post
                I'm still dumbfounded as to why Tose Proeski albums that we're processed in Serbian are highly more popular in Macedonia then in comparison to his Macedonian singing. WTF (nite clubs and bars in macedonia can back up my statement)

Another poor living example is a Macedonian local band from bitola called 'molika' they have just released an album sung in Serbian and it has proven to be there best selling album in Macedonia.
                Stop with these pathetic stuff what music you listen to doesn't make you a bigger or less of a patriot, nor does it if you know to speak serbo-croat or not or if you talk to serbs and croats in their language.
                The only that matters are your own actions, only actions contribute and matter in life words, music are irrelevant.
                Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

THe people who play serbian music all the time who reside in the republic of nacedonia in my view are serbofiles.If you prefer serbian music to macedonian you are a fucking serb.
                  Music has a few attributes of who you are.Once again the slave mentality of following other people's music to overtake your own.THere are people out there who would not listen to serbian music because of look at what serbs tried to do to us & that is they tried to assimilate us as serbs.Our macedonian music is more uplifting than copycat serb music anyday.To me tose sounds better in macedonian than some serbian accent.Also i think bands like molika should really sing in macedonian & not serb ,they should remember that those serb pretending macedonians are in macedonia & not in serbia.When in macedonia they should play macedonian music only.
                  Last edited by George S.; 01-25-2012, 03:10 PM. Reason: ed
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Komita
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                    THe people who play serbian music all the time who reside in the republic of nacedonia in my view are serbofiles.If you prefer serbian music to macedonian you are a fucking serb.
                    Music has a few attributes of who you are.Once again the slave mentality of following other people's music to overtake your own.THere are people out there who would not listen to serbian music because of look at what serbs tried to do to us & that is they tried to assimilate us as serbs.Our macedonian music is more uplifting than copycat serb music anyday.To me tose sounds better in macedonian than some serbian accent.Also i think bands like molika should really sing in macedonian & not serb ,they should remember that those serb pretending macedonians are in macedonia & not in serbia.When in macedonia they should play macedonian music only.

So the people that prefer turkish sitcoms on Sitel instead of "narodni prikazni" on MTV are turkophiles? Or those that prefer Rihanna and english trash satanic music are anglophiles?
                    Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Do you like Greek music just as much as Serb music Komita?
                      I prefer Abba.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• ar_makedon armageddon
                        • Jan 2012

WHILE NOT ADVOCATING RACISM, a solution to the “Serbianization” must be arrived at.*This overwhelming Serbian influence is indeed the negative situation Macedonia now finds itself, especially – in the ares of ethnic tensions with the Albanians as it was the Serbs that projected the Albanian problem to the world both in Kosovo and now in Macedonia (to much Rambow first bood movies by the Serbian army) question remains, “What can we do about this preponderance of Serbianaztion influence?”

Attention Komita - Croatian, Turkish, Nigerian, vietnamese, Iranian etc music does not bother me, *however - the sound of Bulgarian, Greek and Serbian music can get ........

Aristotle

Comment

• Komita
                          • May 2009

WHILE NOT ADVOCATING RACISM, a solution to the “Serbianization” must be arrived at.*This overwhelming Serbian influence is indeed the negative situation Macedonia now finds itself, especially – in the ares of ethnic tensions with the Albanians as it was the Serbs that projected the Albanian problem to the world both in Kosovo and now in Macedonia (to much Rambow first bood movies by the Serbian army) question remains, “What can we do about this preponderance of Serbianaztion influence?”

Attention Komita - Croatian, Turkish, Nigerian, vietnamese, Iranian etc music does not bother me, *however - the sound of Bulgarian, Greek and Serbian music can get ........
                          da te ebat siptarite i ti niv.

ps. a za muzikata decko ti si totalen retard.
                          Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• ar_makedon armageddon
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Komita View Post
                            da te ebat siptarite i ti niv.

ps. a za muzikata decko ti si totalen retard.
                            Komitavic, please dont vent your anger out on me because Serbia lost to Macedonia in the handball competition. At least your country made the top 4.

Orthodox unity and power all the way. Chetniks hand in hand with the Komiti. (see we are on the same side)

Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece and Vlachs brotherhood.
                            Xoxoxo xoxoxo

Aristotle

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

konita if you fancy turkish music then you are a turkofile.But if you fancy macedonian you are macedonian which will it be.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Komita
                                • May 2009

Komitavic, please dont vent your anger out on me because Serbia lost to Macedonia in the handball competition. At least your country made the top 4.

Orthodox unity and power all the way. Chetniks hand in hand with the Komiti. (see we are on the same side)

Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece and Vlachs brotherhood.
                                Xoxoxo xoxoxo
                                This person should be banned because he's a siptar provocator.
                                Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

Working...
                                X