A Google search for terms "Constitutional name" only relates to Macedonia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Indigen you can pay me later for services rendered on this thread.I'm sure you have endlightend us all by your antics to boost thread activity.
    thanks & i'll be waiting for payment.
    regs george s.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• indigen
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post

Here are some questions you may wish to ask yourself:

Why is it the universal norm to refer to states under their conventional short form name, whereas in Macedonia, its vassal politicians (and their representatives) have instigated a campaign to refer to Macedonia under its conventional long form name?

What is a “constitutional name”?

What role does the constitution play in relation to the name of a state?

Is the name of a state derived from its constitution, or does the constitution simply acknowledge the cultural/identity norm which already exists? Which of these two is relevant to the Macedonian case?

Why “Republic of Macedonia” instead of “Macedonia”?
      Nicely summed up, Vangelovski!

It gets even stranger when they feel awkward using conventional long form name for when talking about Macedonia and Greece or France because they ALL have a NATIONALIST possessive meaning (Hellenic Republic and French Republic) and, not wanting to give ideas to Macedonians about what a nationalist state should be, they resort to misnaming them as "Republic of Greece" or "Republic of France". I am waiting for some new gems to come out soon such "Republic of Australia" or "Republic of the United Kingdom"! :-)
      Last edited by indigen; 01-15-2011, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• maco2envy
        • Jan 2015

Boycott Google and their ugly "(FYROM)" qualifier that shows up when searching for anything or anyone related to Macedonia. Even wikipedia uses the term 'Macedonia' or 'Republic of Macedonia', but unfortunately google converts this into "Macedonia(FYROM)" when presenting the wikipedia excerpt on the top of search results. Disgusting. Even 'FYR Macedonia' is more tolerable than slapping on that acronym.

Use duckduckgo, or something equivalent that does not have a political stance and does not track data from users which it sells to big corporations.

Comment

Working...
        X