Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

rOSETTA THESSA TOOL, its MACEDONIA, and belongs to our people which you have kicked out of our homeland, generations of us, to create your fake in debted state
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bukefal
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by rosetta View Post
      Eventually, we’ll get what we deserve, if any. I’m not against wars either.
      Seriously?

Why don't you just GTFOH

Suprised you aren't banned

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
        • Jul 2012

Found old and modern day photos of Solun from what appears to be taken from a similar spot I think ?

Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 05-27-2014, 07:16 PM.
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Amphipolis
          Banned
          • Aug 2014

Thessaloniki in colour (1913)

Την άνοιξη του 1913, οι φωτογράφοι του Άλμπερτ Καν κατέφτασαν σε μια πολυπολιτισμική πόλη σε μια κρίσιμη καμπή της ιστορίας της. Η Θεσσαλονίκη δεν αποτελούσε...

Comment

• Redsun
            • Jul 2013

In the Ottoman Empire, religion was the main difference between the people and this was also the main element of their identities.

So if you went to the Balkans like these photographers at that time and you asked "who you are" people would say I'm Christian, I'm Orthodox. I'm Catholic, I'm Jew, I'm Muslim. They were identifying themselves according to their Religion.

The Empire was not interested in Ethnicity, it ruled by allowing different religious communities a high degree of autonomy and self government.

Leon Siaki? The "lower group" in which I was placed was made up of three French boys, one Greek, Four Spanish Jews, a Serb, an Armenian, A Turk and a Montenegrin boy.

The Greek's controlled the city for the next thirty years, under their rule the population of Salonika would change out of all recognition.

Comment

• Amphipolis
              Banned
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
              In the Ottoman Empire, religion was the main difference between the people and this was also the main element of their identities.

So if you went to the Balkans like these photographers at that time and you asked "who you are" people would say I'm Christian, I'm Orthodox. I'm Catholic, I'm Jew, I'm Muslim. They were identifying themselves according to their Religion.

The Empire was not interested in Ethnicity, it ruled by allowing different religious communities a high degree of autonomy and self government.
              Orthodox Christians also had their ethnicities (through language) and after 1880s had their separate Churches and schools. Thus, except for Greeks you could find Bulgarians (around 20% of the Christians) and also up to 1500 Serbs and 1000 Romanians (Vlachs).

Lastly, the three main communities (Jews, Muslims, Christians) that had a “peaceful coexistence”, actually lived totally separate parallel lives having the least possible contact to each other.

===
              Last edited by Amphipolis; 12-19-2015, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                Thessaloniki in colour (1913)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-q-jC3qmd8
                Typical Greek propoganda, no limit to the bullshit they perpetuate!
                Nicely created by the one of the masters of the Greek's modern identity!
                What happened to all the Albanians living in Solun? They obviously didn't exist in your manufactured world!......except as your original President and Vice President?
                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Amphipolis
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                  Typical Greek propoganda, no limit to the bullshit they perpetuate!
                  Nicely created by the one of the masters of the Greek's modern identity!
                  What happened to all the Albanians living in Solun? They obviously didn't exist in your manufactured world!......except as your original President and Vice President?
                  I had to watch this again to see if I have missed something. This is a 7 minutes part of a BBC documentary, a vehicle to present these rare color pictures of Thessaloniki. The narration and interviews of two historians (?) has no content and is full of clichés. The whole feeling is either Jewish (or what is now called New Order), i.e. the nostalgia for the loss of a multicultural environment. Lastly, this is British, not Greek.

The (Muslim) Albanians of Thessaloniki were deported to… Turkey in 1922 (as part of the population exchange).

Comment

• Redsun
                    • Jul 2013

Amphipolis - Orthodox Christians also had their ethnicities (through language) and after 1880s had their separate Churches and schools. Thus, except for Greeks you could find Bulgarians (around 20% of the Christians) and also up to 1500 Serbs and 1000 Romanians (Vlachs).

Lastly, the three main communities (Jews, Muslims, Christians) that had a “peaceful coexistence”, actually lived totally separate parallel lives having the least possible contact to each other.

Ethnicity cannot be determined through language.

20% of Christians were Bulgarian Orthodox...The other divisions of Christianity that form the 80% of the remaining Christians are...

That excerpt alone?

Source?

Comment

• makedonche
                      • Oct 2008

I had to watch this again to see if I have missed something. This is a 7 minutes part of a BBC documentary, a vehicle to present these rare color pictures of Thessaloniki. The narration and interviews of two historians (?) has no content and is full of clichés. The whole feeling is either Jewish (or what is now called New Order), i.e. the nostalgia for the loss of a multicultural environment. Lastly, this is British, not Greek.

The (Muslim) Albanians of Thessaloniki were deported to… Turkey in 1922 (as part of the population exchange).
                      Amphipolis
                      You continue to live in your Greek denial world, so now your'e trying to tell me they were all deported in the population exchange? If that's the case, of the recognised minority in Greece - what do they comprise of and where do they live?....back it up with facts and not just denials...preferrably from a non Greek source!, don't forget your'e dealing with a Macedonian, I don't swallow any of your Greek bullshit!
                      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Amphipolis
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                        Amphipolis - Orthodox Christians also had their ethnicities (through language) and after 1880s had their separate Churches and schools. Thus, except for Greeks you could find Bulgarians (around 20% of the Christians) and also up to 1500 Serbs and 1000 Romanians (Vlachs).

Ethnicity cannot be determined through language.

20% of Christians were Bulgarian Orthodox...The other divisions of Christianity that form the 80% of the remaining Christians are...

That excerpt alone?

Source?
                        Before 1912 (around 1910-11) Bulgarian Consulate estimates Bulgarians of Thessaloniki around 8,2%, while the Greek consulate says they are 4%.

The first official census (1913) finds them at 3,9% and after the Balkan Wars (in 1916) they have sharply dropped to 1,1%.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                          Amphipolis
                          You continue to live in your Greek denial world, so now your'e trying to tell me they were all deported in the population exchange? If that's the case, of the recognised minority in Greece - what do they comprise of and where do they live?....back it up with facts and not just denials...preferrably from a non Greek source!, don't forget your'e dealing with a Macedonian, I don't swallow any of your Greek bullshit!
                          There's an extended discussion here:

Κοσοβοποίηση της Θράκης Сепак дојде и тој ден да ги видиме

The Muslims of Thrace are limited by the Treaty of Lausanne in the districts of Xanthe and Rodope (i.e. away from the borderline district of Evros) but in smaller numbers some have passed to Evros and the rest of Greece. They basically consist of three kinds: ethnic-Turks, Pomaks and Gypsies. They are estimated around 0,7-0,9% of population of Greece and the Greek Parliament usually has around 2-4 Muslim MPs.

So, we don’t know where the Muslim Albanians vanished (they were not so many). My point was that they weren’t sent to Albania, but to Turkey.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

Why alter the name if it was greek.Also why deport the population and take in greek turks simply to alter the demographics.Why change the name to greek thesdaloniki if it was called solun.solun the place in the sun.
                            Yes the greeks tried to give the place a greek slant.THere is the macedonian version.
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Redsun
                              • Jul 2013

These two posts, do they not oppose one another. Post #49 and post #51.

Post #49. In the Ottoman Empire, religion was the main difference between the people and this was also the main element of their identities.

Post #51. Orthodox Christians also had their ethnicities (through language) and after 1880s had their separate Churches and schools. Thus, except for Greeks you could find Bulgarians (around 20% of the Christians) and also up to 1500 Serbs and 1000 Romanians (Vlachs).

Is it not contradictory to post a video that clearly states “They were identifying themselves according to their Religion” then post a statement with figures representing ethnic minorities?

How can I take these figures into consideration if people at the time were identifying themselves according to their Religion?

These figures are misleading and cannot be accurate.

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

There's an extended discussion here:

Κοσοβοποίηση της Θράκης Сепак дојде и тој ден да ги видиме

The Muslims of Thrace are limited by the Treaty of Lausanne in the districts of Xanthe and Rodope (i.e. away from the borderline district of Evros) but in smaller numbers some have passed to Evros and the rest of Greece. They basically consist of three kinds: ethnic-Turks, Pomaks and Gypsies. They are estimated around 0,7-0,9% of population of Greece and the Greek Parliament usually has around 2-4 Muslim MPs.

So, we don’t know where the Muslim Albanians vanished (they were not so many). My point was that they weren’t sent to Albania, but to Turkey.
                                Amphipolis
                                As I expected more denial, more bullshit and no credible facts from an independent source!

Furthermore my point is that not all Turks/Muslims/Albanians left Solun, there are those who remained and still remain.....despite your governments decades of attempts at social genocide, and you & your forefathers as a citizens of this mixed bred mongrel country called Greece have sat back and let it happen and now take great pleasure in your handywork by continuing your governments social genocide policies! Your time is coming for accountability, just like that of your government!

Comment

Working...
                                X