Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 05-21-2019, 11:50 PM   #71
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post

I saw this article the other day and thought it was interesting how they are reaching for higher spec stuff nowadays:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/ho...16-p51o7a.html
Interesting read. Only wealthier people can afford this crap anyway and the margins are higher on the expensive stuff so it's a win win for the manufacturers and builders. No one builds new regular housing anymore for the same reason. All new constriction is either apartments or mansions.

Quote:
All true Phoenix.

A brickie client of mine said he has tried over 25 new apprentices and none have lasted longer than 24 hours. Trades will make a fortune in the next generation.
I have the same issue with almost any trade. Most of the guys I higher are almost twice my age, which can be weird but the youth aren't willing to do that kind of work.

That is the main reason I gave up a relatively easy and safe office gig to start from scratch. I forsee a future severely lacking in trades.

Right now trucking is sucking up a lot of the uneducated labor. They get paid 80k to 100k a year to just drive. I'm actually considering buying some semi trucks and seeing if I can start a trucking company. Thanks Amazon.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM   #72
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
Right now trucking is sucking up a lot of the uneducated labor. They get paid 80k to 100k a year to just drive. I'm actually considering buying some semi trucks and seeing if I can start a trucking company. Thanks Amazon.
I would say stick to construction. Trucks will be autonomous soon enough!

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:48 AM   #73
VMRO

VMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud of

Quote:
All true Phoenix.

A brickie client of mine said he has tried over 25 new apprentices and none have lasted longer than 24 hours. Trades will make a fortune in the next generation.
100%, my brother in law is a concreter and found it hard to find an apprentice. They all find it too hard.

The new generation are made out of motch.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.
VMRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:06 AM   #74
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRO View Post
They all find it too hard.
You would think they were quite tough from all the Call of Duty they play in addition to their lengthy gay pride marches. Bless their little organic cotton socks.

Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #75
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Quote:
I would say stick to construction. Trucks will be autonomous soon enough!
Speaking of autonomous: I lost out on a 50k because of stupid "consumer protection" laws.

I wanted to purchase Tesla Put options that cost $5 at a strike price of $245 3 weeks ago when the stock was at $250 Those options would have expired this Friday at which point I could either sell the options for a $55 dollar profit or exercise them and close out the trade with Tesla stock at $193 as of today. Those options would have cost me 5k and I would have grossed 55k in proceeds, 50k net profit. BUT freaking E-trade thought it was too risky of a trade because I was already shorting Tesla stock and said I wasn't experienced enough to make such a trade. Thanks for watching out for me you cunts!

Quote:
You would think they were quite tough from all the Call of Duty they play in addition to their lengthy gay pride marches. Bless their little organic cotton socks.
Its the funniest thing. From time to time I'll hire some young buff dudes, you know the type, spends a couple hours at the gym everyday for no good reason. It always ends the same way. They think they are soooo strong, a couple hours moving concrete bags around or holding up drywall over their heads and they are sucking air while the old farts are chugging along. Most of them don't make it through a week.
Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM   #76
Risto the Great

Very surprised that USA's version of E-Trade even bothers to check. You would think the land of the free would never hold you back!

I have a concreter client who is in his late 70's that puts most young dudes to shame. Great to see him at it!

Old Today, 03:39 AM   #77
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
Speaking of autonomous: I lost out on a 50k because of stupid "consumer protection" laws.
Good thing those bureaucrats devised these laws - they just saved you from yourself. You might have made a lot of money and not paid your fair share (70%) of tax. Wait until AOC becomes president - then you can make as much money as you want - as long as you hand 90% "back" to the government.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:53 PM   #78
Gocka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelovski View Post
Good thing those bureaucrats devised these laws - they just saved you from yourself. You might have made a lot of money and not paid your fair share (70%) of tax. Wait until AOC becomes president - then you can make as much money as you want - as long as you hand 90% "back" to the government.
Its absurd. I could have easily gone to Atlantic City, put down 5k on a craps or poker table and lost it in minutes. But investing it in the stock market was too risky for my own good. I can buy alcohol, cigarettes, or weapons, all of which can kill me, but god forbid I lost 5k on a stock trade.

We flipped a house this year and after the self employment taxes and income tax, we got to keep roughly half! The amount of risk and effort that went into that endeavor on my end, and in the end to give someone half your profit is racketeering. I could have lost my shirt on that deal, if I went bust I don't think uncle Sam would split half the loss with me.

Like I said a few pages earlier, this last year or two has been very eye opening.