• Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Greek policeman arrested over immigrant muggings

Greek policeman arrested over immigrant muggings

Published: November 15, 2012
    The Associated Press

ATHENS, Greece — A Greek policeman has been arrested on suspicion of carrying out a series of armed robberies against immigrants in a racially tense part of central Athens.

A police statement said the 31-year-old was taken into custody early Thursday, after allegedly stealing (EURO)1,000 ($1,275) at gunpoint from an Iranian man. A second Greek man was arrested on suspicion of aiding the policeman in the mugging.

The statement said the policeman is suspected of similar attacks on another two immigrants since September.

The muggings took place in the capital's Aghios Panteleimon district, home to thousands of immigrants from Asia and Africa - many of whom entered Greece illegally. The crime-ridden area has become a flashpoint of recent racist attacks, with gangs of ultranationalists smashing immigrants' shops and attacking dark-skinned people.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

What a complete toilet this country has become. Lawlessness and daily bonfires like the wild west

I'm enjoying the rapid degeneration of grk society. They certainly need this to wake the f@#k up and realize they are not what they think they are.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• VMRO
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
      What a complete toilet this country has become. Lawlessness and daily bonfires like the wild west

I'm enjoying the rapid degeneration of grk society. They certainly need this to wake the f@#k up and realize they are not what they think they are.
      It's been a long time coming, i hope the country breaks up.
      Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• EricTheRed
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
        It's been a long time coming, i hope the country breaks up.
        Keep dreaming. But remember history:
        1897-Greece declares bankruptcy, troika lenders etc
        1912- MACEDONIA breaks up

100 years later:
        2008-Greece (unofficially) declares bankruptcy, troika lenders etc
        Future-?????????

For the past 2 centuries, there were always Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey in the Balkans. Macedonia is a geopolitical exception, and maybe a very brief one. Gj Macedonia for existing as an independent country for 20 plus years, but the fact that it is the usual easy target for land grabs has not changed.

Careful what you wish for. History tends to repeat itself.

Comment

• Nexus
          • Oct 2012

Something bad is gonna happen in 2023 ... Seriously, i agree with Macedonia being a geopolitical exception, this country exists only by the will of the macedonians, who have fought and died for this land.

"Gj Macedonia for existing as an independent country for 20 plus years" Thanks to you.
          "the fact that it is the usual easy target for land grabs has not changed" Unfortunately, you are right ...

Comment

• Peshoshnitsa Lerin
            • Jun 2012

Now is not the time that we should be scared of what might happen, we should lift our heads and be prouder than ever and fight for what is ours! Greece is weak and 51% of our lovely Macedonia lays in there filthy thieving hands! How about we do everything to re unite Macedonia! 100 years ago our families were fighting against the enemy and sadly the enemy won! But 100 years later the Macedonian tradition is still alive and very strong despite people enemy to finish us! Fuck them! Lets take back what is ours! And never let go of it again!

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Nexus View Post
              Something bad is gonna happen in 2023 ... Seriously, i agree with Macedonia being a geopolitical exception, this country exists only by the will of the macedonians, who have fought and died for this land.

"Gj Macedonia for existing as an independent country for 20 plus years" Thanks to you.
              "the fact that it is the usual easy target for land grabs has not changed" Unfortunately, you are right ...
              Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

macedonia is an unknown quantity.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• momce
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by EricTheRed View Post
                  Keep dreaming. But remember history:
                  1897-Greece declares bankruptcy, troika lenders etc
                  1912- MACEDONIA breaks up

100 years later:
                  2008-Greece (unofficially) declares bankruptcy, troika lenders etc
                  Future-?????????

For the past 2 centuries, there were always Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey in the Balkans. Macedonia is a geopolitical exception, and maybe a very brief one. Gj Macedonia for existing as an independent country for 20 plus years, but the fact that it is the usual easy target for land grabs has not changed.

Careful what you wish for. History tends to repeat itself.
                  No my friend history now goes backwards so greece will get smaller and smaller until it disappears.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by momce View Post
                    No my friend history now goes backwards so greece will get smaller and smaller until it disappears.
                    So by that logic Macedonia will get bigger and bigger? Unfortunately Macedonia is far more likely to get smaller before Greece does at this rate.

Comment

• Nexus
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                      Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

Comment

• momce
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                        So by that logic Macedonia will get bigger and bigger? Unfortunately Macedonia is far more likely to get smaller before Greece does at this rate.
                        I never said that. Our friend there was imply greece will bounce back and get larger maybe annexing the rest of Macedonia. No I think greece is no longer useful to anyone so they will reorganise the place how they want.

Comment

• EricTheRed
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by momce View Post
                          I never said that. Our friend there was imply greece will bounce back and get larger maybe annexing the rest of Macedonia. No I think greece is no longer useful to anyone so they will reorganise the place how they want.
                          Wow, hold on a sec. It wasnt me wishing for a country to dissappear in the first place. Check the posts carefully. Let me clarify:

What VMRO said (''It's been a long time coming, I hope the country breaks up'') can only be realized with war, right? A balkan war, to be precise. Hence, I had to remind him of histoy, and how it can possibly be repeated. Ofc i do not wish for a war to happen, or for Greece to get larger.

Moreover, isnt it a bit inhumane and cynical to refer to a country and its population as something to be distributed etc? The only difference between you and Greece in the past is that the latter actually managed to succeed. When we, the Greeks, take notice of such mentality, how can you possibly think we will support a peaceful solution....?

If you want Greece to dissappear, you leave it's citizens no choice: they have to maintain an aggressive stance. Why should I, for example, vote for a party that supports a solution? It's in our best interests to leave the name disputed for as long as possible, thus weakening Macedonia until Greece regain's its strength(it will happen eventually, thats how economy works, have no doubt about that)

Consider this: Macedonia is no match for Greece economically and militarily even now, that's why the negotiations Greece imposed upon Macedonia are still ongoing. Without foreign help, Macedonia is still not even a threat to Greece. And foreign help will not come, cause they already lent us lots and lots of billions-do you expect them to throw their investment away so easily??? Your only hope for Greece to break up is a Greco-Turkish war. In the quite unlikely event that it happens, the US 6th fleet based in Crete will stop all hostilities within hours(as it has done in the past). Because a Turkey even stronger than now is in nobody's interests, especially Israel's(owners of USA). We even put China into the game, as their main meditterenean harbor is now Piraeus. And dont expect the Bulgarians and Albanians to help Macedonia beat Greece, they will do exactly the opposite. My point is that if Macedonia cant hurt Greece even now, I see little chance in us breaking up. And even less chance for Macedonia to actually obtain Aegean Macedonia, even if Greece breaks up(probaby Turkey or EU international control).

Btw, do you actually think that Macedonia is more useful than Greece in any way possible? Besides housing a big american base, the Republic's geographical position is largely irrelevant. You should understand that while Greece is currently in it's weakest state sicne WW2, it still is far more relevant(hence more powerful) than Macedonia.

So, in your way of thinking, the accurate thing to state is that the Republic of Macedonia is not useful to anyone(in it's current geographical state, it never was relevant in the first place), hence it can be reorganized as needed.

Fortunately for us reasonable people, our times have changed. Lands and people are no longer redistributed as easily as in the past.. During the Repuplic's entire existence up to now, numbers wise Greece could annex everything up to Skopje in a matter of days. HOWEVER, such policies are no longer viable or accepted-a country just cant conquer lands any more, for a grand number of reason. Heck, even the Palestinians managed to survive as a nation, and they just got even more international recognition. What makes you believe that Greece will be a different case? Be realistic. You should also check this article, it elaborates even further on my way of thinking: http://shaneleavy.blogspot.gr/2012/0...de-greece.html

I personally hope for our peaceful times to continue. Lets all just prosper again and solve everything peacefully.

Comment

• momce
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2012

Wow, hold on a sec. It wasnt me wishing for a country to dissappear in the first place. Check the posts carefully. Let me clarify:

What VMRO said (''It's been a long time coming, I hope the country breaks up'') can only be realized with war, right? A balkan war, to be precise. Hence, I had to remind him of histoy, and how it can possibly be repeated. Ofc i do not wish for a war to happen, or for Greece to get larger.

Moreover, isnt it a bit inhumane and cynical to refer to a country and its population as something to be distributed etc? The only difference between you and Greece in the past is that the latter actually managed to succeed. When we, the Greeks, take notice of such mentality, how can you possibly think we will support a peaceful solution....?

If you want Greece to dissappear, you leave it's citizens no choice: they have to maintain an aggressive stance. Why should I, for example, vote for a party that supports a solution? It's in our best interests to leave the name disputed for as long as possible, thus weakening Macedonia until Greece regain's its strength(it will happen eventually, thats how economy works, have no doubt about that)

Consider this: Macedonia is no match for Greece economically and militarily even now, that's why the negotiations Greece imposed upon Macedonia are still ongoing. Without foreign help, Macedonia is still not even a threat to Greece. And foreign help will not come, cause they already lent us lots and lots of billions-do you expect them to throw their investment away so easily??? Your only hope for Greece to break up is a Greco-Turkish war. In the quite unlikely event that it happens, the US 6th fleet based in Crete will stop all hostilities within hours(as it has done in the past). Because a Turkey even stronger than now is in nobody's interests, especially Israel's(owners of USA). We even put China into the game, as their main meditterenean harbor is now Piraeus. And dont expect the Bulgarians and Albanians to help Macedonia beat Greece, they will do exactly the opposite. My point is that if Macedonia cant hurt Greece even now, I see little chance in us breaking up. And even less chance for Macedonia to actually obtain Aegean Macedonia, even if Greece breaks up(probaby Turkey or EU international control).

Btw, do you actually think that Macedonia is more useful than Greece in any way possible? Besides housing a big american base, the Republic's geographical position is largely irrelevant. You should understand that while Greece is currently in it's weakest state sicne WW2, it still is far more relevant(hence more powerful) than Macedonia.

So, in your way of thinking, the accurate thing to state is that the Republic of Macedonia is not useful to anyone(in it's current geographical state, it never was relevant in the first place), hence it can be reorganized as needed.

Fortunately for us reasonable people, our times have changed. Lands and people are no longer redistributed as easily as in the past.. During the Repuplic's entire existence up to now, numbers wise Greece could annex everything up to Skopje in a matter of days. HOWEVER, such policies are no longer viable or accepted-a country just cant conquer lands any more, for a grand number of reason. Heck, even the Palestinians managed to survive as a nation, and they just got even more international recognition. What makes you believe that Greece will be a different case? Be realistic. You should also check this article, it elaborates even further on my way of thinking: http://shaneleavy.blogspot.gr/2012/0...de-greece.html

I personally hope for our peaceful times to continue. Lets all just prosper again and solve everything peacefully.
                            Nonsense. Greece can be dismantled over night by its patrons. NATO already gave most of Cyprus to Turkey a long time ago and allows Turkey to be all over the Aegean. In the IMIA crisis was a warning to Greece that Turkey can take the whole Aegean if the US wants it to. I never said reorganising borders will take place through war(there are many ways to destroy a country then just war) but that we are able to break greece stranglehold over Macedonia through the EU, NATO etc. And no economies dont always rebound, greece is pretty much irrelevant. If larger powers need bases they will just carve an area out for themselves like in Iraq etc. Its not a state-based world anymore.

Comment

• momce
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2012

No, greece should stick to its borders and not bother other people-i.e way down south.

Comment

Working...
                              X