Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

either way its still comprehensible to a macedonian speaker to day, why is the next obvious question, one the 19th century view of the ancient balkans could not answer beause it does not fit within the framework of their theories.

Comment

• Sarafot
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
      Bylazora couldn't possibly mean "Entrance into a Mountain" because there is no root *gora in the word. Ora does not equal Gora as you so purposely try to make it without any knowledge.
      In OCS Bylazora would be Бѣлазора [bæɫɑzɔrɑ].
      But is it V or B,in latinic it is written Vylazora and then it is not Visantium it is Bisantium,and you know what i talk about.How do Greeks say ATOS,''ORROS'' or something?
      Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
      - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Delodephius
        • Sep 2008

In ancient Greek there was no /v/.
        अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
        उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
        This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
        But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Sarafot
          • Dec 2008

In ancient Greek there was no /v/.
          So then let it be ''Bela Zora'',what will be in English ''White Morning''??
          Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• osiris
            • Sep 2008

thomas in ancient greek the letter B was pronounced V.

Comment

• Sarafot
              • Dec 2008

Osiris,i understand,but das he,all i was traieing to say is that Bela Zora das not make any sence,but if you see Veles Geo position Vlez vo Gora make some sence?What do you think?

Comment

• Delodephius
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                thomas in ancient greek the letter B was pronounced V.
                No, in modern Greek "β" is pronounced /v/. In ancient Greek it was pronounced as /b/.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_(letter)

I studied Classical Greek, osiris.

Comment

• makedonin
                  • Sep 2008

No, in modern Greek "β" is pronounced /v/. In ancient Greek it was pronounced as /b/.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_(letter)

I studied Classical Greek, osiris.
                  Thats correct.

Beta evolved in being pronounced as V.

The same is attested in Modern Macedonian.

Example, Boj > battle from which Voj(na)> war got derived

examples are countless.
                  To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Slovak
                    Bylazora couldn't possibly mean "Entrance into a Mountain" because there is no root *gora in the word. Ora does not equal Gora as you so purposely try to make it without any knowledge.
                    Slovak, I disagree with you with regard to the word Vylazora, 'ora' did mean 'mountain' in many ancient Balkan languages, inlcuding Greek (Άγιον Όρος).

Gora, Hora, Ora, they are all related. Don't view this as an attempt to Macedonize anything my friend, the likelihood of a connection here is very probable, particularly given that the placename still exists in almost its exact from but minus the second word.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Delodephius
                      • Sep 2008

This is like that idiot case with "oda". Tell me, if it was once "ora" then why it is today "gora"? Why is it "gora" or "hora" in all Slavic languages?

Comment

• makedonin
                        • Sep 2008

This is like that idiot case with "oda". Tell me, if it was once "ora" then why it is today "gora"? Why is it "gora" or "hora" in all Slavic languages?
                        Look Slovak, you are mixing things here, cause you put all those languages in one group.

the Character G is hardening of the character H.

And in Macedonian, we don't speak about Old Church Slavonic but Macedonian is known of losing the character H in spoken language.

Ora is Gora or Hora since Macedonian is the gradient overflow from Greek to Slavic in many respects.
                        To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Delodephius
                          • Sep 2008

And about which /h/ are we speaking here? Show me in IPA.

Comment

• Magedon
                            • Dec 2008

Guys, doesn't BYLAZORA means bela zora - white dawn?? How cud it mean anything else-it so obvious!
                            Makedonsko devojche, kitka sharena; od gradina nabrana - dar podarena - IMA LI ?????

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                              Look Slovak, you are mixing things here, cause you put all those languages in one group.

the Character G is hardening of the character H.

And in Macedonian, we don't speak about Old Church Slavonic but Macedonian is known of losing the character H in spoken language.

Ora is Gora or Hora since Macedonian is the gradient overflow from Greek to Slavic in many respects.
                              You're correct Makedonin. Keep this in mind also, the name was recorded originally in foreign letters (Greek or Latin), therefore meaning we don't really know what the sounds were like, but again, the obvious similarities cannot go unnoticed.

Slovak, the same applies for the 'idiot' case of ODI. Given that Slavonic letters were not (or arguably) used until the 9th century, how can one be certain that the word didn't evolve from ORA-HORA-GORA, likewise for ODI-HODI? How can one be certain that the forms of HORA and HODI were not stabilised in the Slavonic tongues as a result of the literary work from the 9th century? You yourself have previously agreed that there was probably never one 'common' Slavonic tongue or dialects due to various circumstances relating to geography, environment, neighbouring peoples, etc.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Delodephius
                                • Sep 2008

Can anybody go to Gradište near Knežje in Ovče Pole and see if in the morning the dawn is actually white? I mean, if Ovče Pole is a basin then perhaps the dawn is visible on a much higher altitude (because it is lower than the surounding) and is not red but white.

And yes, Bylazora is in Ovče Pole near Knežje at a place today called Gradište. I don't know who said it was Veles but people here have a tendency not to check for facts but just accept whatever others say.

Comment

Working...
                                X