X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daniel the Great
    • Nov 2009

Selo Buf

Buf is a Village in Aegean Macedonia in the Lerin region.
    It is the Village in which my Great Great Grandfather was born so it is a big part of my family history.
    I do not know much about it historicaly so if yous know anything feel free to show it.

Here is a video showing interesting photos of Buf and its people.

Bufsko Oro:
    YouTube - Selo Buf, Lerinsko, Egejska Makedonija (Bufsko Oro)

Bufski Dialect:
    YouTube - Dijalekt Primer od Selo Buf, Lerinsko, Egejska Makedonija

YouTube - Bufski Dialect / Буфски Дијалект од Егејска Македонија

YouTube - Bufski Dialect / Буфски Дијалект 2

Buf Makedonija:
    YouTube - Vaska Ilieva - Pesna Za Seloto Buf - Macedonian Song
  • Makedonetz
    • Apr 2010

Bufchani ajde ajde ;D

My friend has a band in Toronto they are called Desata od Buf

Bouf Golf Open 2008
    Makedoncite se borat
    za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
    - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Karposh
      • Aug 2015

I think the following information about Buf deserves a mention on this thread. Apparently, the village Buf served as a leader and protector of all the nearby Macedonian villages, which often came under attack by Turks and Albanian marauders. Christians were not allowed to carry weapons during Ottoman days, however, everyone knew that Bufchani were armed and whenever a person (male or female) from the surrounding Christian villages was being threatened, followed or harassed by the Turks, they were immediately sent to Buf to stay with host families for protection until the unwanted attention went away.

On receipt of news that there was an imminent danger of attack on a nearby village, Bufchani had a signal, whereby three gun shots would be fired and all the men were obliged to gather in the village square, armed and ready to go at a moment's notice. There is the story of how Bufchani rescued the nearby Macedonian village of Rakovo from a Turkish attack. Some of the neighbouring Turkish villages had united with the intention of raiding Rakovo. However, Bufchani had caught wind of their intentions and were waiting for them before the Turks managed to reach the village. Many of the Turks were shot dead and the village was spared, while the rest of the Turks were sent scurrying away.

Speaking of Rakovo (Krateron, in Greek), if there ever was such a thing as a Judas village then this is it. The inhabitants of this village have always been 100% Macedonian and yet, somehow, all of its inhabitants have convinced themselves that they are really Greeks. Sad.

The sacrifices that Buf made during Ilinden and the Greek civil war are also a testament to this heroic Macedonian village. There were more than 250 fighters from Buf alone making up the ranks of the Greek Democratic Army, 120 of which gave their life fighting for Macedonian human rights during the Greek civil war. Bufchani should be rightly proud of their village.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
        • Jul 2012

Fascinating stuff Karposh. This video is apparently from the village Buf.

A old Macedonian woman from Buf Aegean Macedonia sings razbudise Makedonija
        macedonia, macedonians, makedonija, makedonci, aegean, egej, egejska, lav, makedonsko, lerin, buf, makedonka, makedonska, makedonski
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
          Fascinating stuff Karposh. This video is apparently from the village Buf.

A old Macedonian woman from Buf Aegean Macedonia sings razbudise Makedonija
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9-NaTnYcos
          Ive just came across this thread Karposh. Regarding this video..... I can confirm its Buf. I shot this video and its my David Attenborough style voice you can hear lol
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
            Ive just came across this thread Karposh. Regarding this video..... I can confirm its Buf. I shot this video and its my David Attenborough style voice you can hear lol
            I've watched the clip a few times before seeing it here; awesome to know it's you behind the camera!

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
              I've watched the clip a few times before seeing it here; awesome to know it's you behind the camera!
              I didn't know what to expect in Bouf. I was asking for directions and this sweet old lady pops her head out from her window and starts entertaining us with songs. it was a beautiful experience, very heartwarming.

Though to be honest, this video has traveled a bit and does worry me if there was any repercussion and hoping she is ok. She meant no harm.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
              X