Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Hi Coolski, I thought about that when TM mentioned it, but as I stated earlier I am unaware of any connection between the two despite the striking similarity. Given that the Bavarian and Russian flags have those features also and in the same colour as the modern Greek flag, I thought them more probable.

Apart from England, is there any established link between the modern Greek flag and that of the East India Company, on par with that of the Russo-Bavarian flags and colours?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Bump. This was a good topic.
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• kykypajko
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
        I have heard a theory about the Greek flag.... that the white and blue stripes represents the sky and the sea.... also that they represent the syllables in "eleftheria i thanatos"(freedom or death, the slogan used during the war of independence).

i know i've seen that on tv.....i though that i saw it on "no reservations with anthony bourdain" but i couldn't find it on utube

maybe it was my big fat greek weeding.....but i think this yet another big fat greek historical lie.....told by modern greeks, believed by gullible westeners

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
          • Sep 2010

I know this is a old topic but here's a good video that I found about the "Greek flag".

YouTube - ORIGIN OF GREEK FLAG . FUCK GREECE

If Macedonia was "Greek" why didn't they choose our flag when they created their artificial state???

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Welcome to our forum DirtyCodingHabitz and thank you for the video!
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
              Welcome to our forum DirtyCodingHabitz and thank you for the video!
              Thank you

I've been reading topics on this forum for many months and learned a lot from you guys.

I'll be making a topic soon. I'm sure you guys will be interested

EDIT: Here's my topic Little Book of BIG Greek Lies
              Last edited by DirtyCodingHabitz; 09-09-2010, 12:49 PM. Reason: Needed to add my topic link.

Comment

• fyrOM
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

It might come as a bit of a dumb question but historically supposedly the Greek city states fought with each other so did they not use any flags and if so what were they like and could they not have used an amalgamation of them to create the modern Greek flag as a sign of continuity.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                  It might come as a bit of a dumb question but historically supposedly the Greek city states fought with each other so did they not use any flags and if so what were they like and could they not have used an amalgamation of them to create the modern Greek flag as a sign of continuity.
                  I don't think Paparrigopoulos and his Vlach friends had figured that out. Besides the Russians helped to supply them with their revolutionary flag albeit without really knowing it.
                  Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 09-09-2010, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• thessalo-niki
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2010

Partly answers your question too (flags during antiquity).

Comment

• Makedonetz
                      • Apr 2010

Bishop Germanos of Patras blessing the flag of the Greek rebels at the Monastery of Agia Lavra, 1821.[9][10

Thessa you greeks found the holy grail.....your looking more like a Vlachos every day!
                      Makedoncite se borat
                      za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                      - Goce Delchev

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by thessalo-niki View Post
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Greece

Theories regarding the blue and white colours
                        Several Greek researchers[3][11][12] have attempted to establish a continuity of usage and significance of the blue and white colors, throughout Greek history. However, their research often misinterprets[citation needed] primary sources, or uses them in a highly selective way, trying to synthesize a series of isolated and mutually unrelated[citation needed] references to the use of such colours into evidence of a continuous and conscious identification of the Greek nation with them.

Usages cited include the pattern of blue and white formations (created from placing white metal layers on a blue surface) on the shield of Achilles,[11] the connection of the colors with goddess Athena, Alexander the Great's army banners,[3] blue and white flags supposedly used during Byzantine times,[11] supposed coats of arms of imperial dynasties and noble families, uniforms, emperors' clothes, patriarchs' thrones etc.[3][12] and, of course, cases of usage during the Ottoman rule.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                          • Sep 2010

They were never "Greek City States" and they were never a "Greek Nation". What kind of a nation kills its own people for land and supremacy?

Originally posted by thessalo-niki View Post
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Greece
                          I wouldn't bother with Wiki when it comes to greece and bulgaria.

Comment

• thessalo-niki
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2010

Nation

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
                            They were never "Greek City States" and they were never a "Greek Nation". What kind of a nation kills its own people for land and supremacy?
                            Apparently, the first definition of nation is sketched in Herodotus (VIII, 144). (After being warned by Macedonians on the excessive force of the Persians, the Athenians say they will never surrender, nor they will side with Persians against the Lacedemonians).
                            To Alexander they thus made answer, but to the envoys from Sparta as follows: "That the Lacedemonians should be afraid lest we should make a treaty with the Barbarian was natural no doubt; but it seems to be an unworthy fear for men who know so well the spirit of the Athenians, namely that there is neither so great quantity of gold anywhere upon the earth, nor any land so much excelling in beauty and goodness, that we should be willing to accept it and enslave Hellas by taking the side of the Medes. For many and great are the reasons which hinder us from doing this, even though we should desire it; first and greatest the images and houses of the gods set on fire or reduced to ruin, which we must necessarily avenge to the very utmost rather than make an agreement with him who did these deeds; then secondly there is the bond of Hellenic race, by which we are of one blood and of one speech, the common temples of the gods and the common sacrifices, the manners of life which are the same for all; to these it would not be well that the Athenians should become traitors. And be assured of this, if by any chance ye were not assured of it before, that so long as one of the Athenians remains alive, we will never make an agreement with Xerxes.
                            Last edited by thessalo-niki; 09-10-2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

usages cited include the pattern of blue and white formations (created from placing white metal layers on a blue surface) on the shield of achilles,[11] the connection of the colors with goddess athena, alexander the great's army banners
                              LOL, go wikipedia!!! hahahaha
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                                • Jan 2009

The following are taken from the memoirs of Kolokotronis:

(Akarnania was populated by Vlachs - http://books.google.com/books?id=yXw...vlachs&f=false )

(Lambros Catsonis was a Vlach - http://www.maknews.com/forum/macedon...t12382-60.html )

(SoM you posted a picture of this Russian Flag that Kolokotronis described on page 120. This is a better description of that).

page 32

Comment

Working...
                                X