Moving To Bitola For 1-2 years to open a Cafe/disco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

I was offered fast-tracking for business initiatives as well as incredible levels of government support. But then I remembered you need a viable economy to consider such actions and the additional fact that Macedonia is effectively run by ethnic Albanians absolutely destroyed any of my motivations. I don't know why anyone would consider doing business unless they are in a position to extort all levels of government (including informal) in that country.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• PetroV
      Banned
      • Feb 2013

What is the specific complaints of these relatives of horror ?

If its because they didn't spend on you don't expect that ,the economy is tough enough on them ,especially in the cities

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by PetroV View Post
        What is the specific complaints of these relatives of horror ?
        The typical Balkan complaint is that they assume you are wonderfully rich in the Diaspora and that your duty when returning to Macedonia (or wherever in the Balkans) is to keep giving them all money. It is particularly heart warming when you see how lazy many of them are.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by The Crying Lion* View Post
          omg lol after reading all this i am even more depressed....

and yes i have been to bitola molika several years ago, but in macedonia one day its fine next day the terrorists is invading. My question was how is the security situation in bitola at the moment. Armed robberies, thieves, etc, corrupt police.

and what does doslaci means

thank you
          While Bitola isn't South Africa in terms of crime and I wouldn't necessarily worry about Albanians, you shouldn't take your security for granted in Macedonia. If you want my honest opinion - the Kalashnikov in the closet and the glock under your belt. This is even more so if you have a family and plan to resettle them there. As far as I know, concealed carry isn't legal there, but like most other laws, that doesn't seem stop anyone.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

i forgot to add take very good care & be carefull.If you are successfull the'll tax you to the hilt.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• molika
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              This is always an interesting discussion with many differing views and experiences.
              It's been about 7 years since my last visit to Macedonia and at that time I thought the service in Bitola was miles ahead of what I experienced in places like Ohrid...
              I had absolutely no issues with my relos but have heard many horror stories from others and their experiences.

The interesting thing about this is that it's not an isolated experience encountered by Macedonian's alone.
              I've heard Croats complain about the same issues with their relatives and just last week I had a Turkish friend complain about similar issues of when her mother returned recently to Turkey and how her relos were all over her for handouts...lol

nice to connect with you phoenix, you are absolutely right about this issue being wide spread over many nationalities. My relative needs to stop listening to gossip, on how easy life is in Australia..

Comment

• molika
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by The Crying Lion* View Post
                omg lol after reading all this i am even more depressed....

and yes i have been to bitola molika several years ago, but in macedonia one day its fine next day the terrorists is invading. My question was how is the security situation in bitola at the moment. Armed robberies, thieves, etc, corrupt police.

and what does doslaci means

thank you
                doslaci means foreigners

do sh la chi.

i've never heard of armed robberies in bitola. As for corruption, if everyone is cheating, lying and smuggling then its not a crime. Everyone just turns a blind eye. Hear nothing see nothing...

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by molika View Post
                  nice to connect with you phoenix, you are absolutely right about this issue being wide spread over many nationalities. My relative needs to stop listening to gossip, on how easy life is in Australia..
                  You mean you haven't got a money tree in the backyard?

Comment

• Bij
                    • Oct 2009

I was just in BT in Jan, the situation is dire in all aspects. The use of drugs is hire, and muggings are regularly reported on the news.

For a "stranec", it is important to protect yourself. People assume you keep more money and stealable items with you, and will rob you for this.

As far as opening a kafic in bitola, good luck. rent on the korzo is at least 3000 euros a month and only one stranec has managed to stay open (melbourne aussie), the locals just dont like supporting stranci.

After my trip in Jan, I wouldnt invest a cent in Bitola. It is a fucking dump full of wankers, sluts and users. The decent people left are far and few between and will keep to themselves.

Comment

• Bij
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                      Can you sell and market 'fuck'...like giving a 'fuck' about something...?
                      Hahahahahahahaha - its funny cause its true.

Comment

• The Crying Lion*
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bij View Post
                        I was just in BT in Jan, the situation is dire in all aspects. The use of drugs is hire, and muggings are regularly reported on the news.

For a "stranec", it is important to protect yourself. People assume you keep more money and stealable items with you, and will rob you for this.

As far as opening a kafic in bitola, good luck. rent on the korzo is at least 3000 euros a month and only one stranec has managed to stay open (melbourne aussie), the locals just dont like supporting stranci.

After my trip in Jan, I wouldnt invest a cent in Bitola. It is a fucking dump full of wankers, sluts and users. The decent people left are far and few between and will keep to themselves.
                        Damn , that is a sad story indeed.
                        I have nothing more to say i am speechless my good energy is gone lol.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

an investment analysis of where the income group is could be a good idea.Also a place where the tourist stays.You need to go & look for suitable premises.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Bump

He never got back to us. I wonder how this Lion went. I hope not, but probably crying more than ever.
                            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Pelagonija
                              • Mar 2017

Hehe what a trippy thread.. don’t doubt the blokes good intentions.. but opening a cafe in Bitola? FFS the locals would eat you to death..

I had lunch at an ostrich farm in Makedonski Brod once, the owner was an intelligent 70 yo maco Swede who’s family left the Balkans when he was three.. felt sorry for the bloke.. he had a dream to retire in mkd with his life savings.. some of the stories he told were shocking, from thieving chefs, to lazy staff and from the council screwing him out of his life savings in a methodical manner..

The place was kick ass, the bloke was an absolute champ with a heart of gold. He was confiding in me whilst my relos were accusing me of Being jelous as Yugoslavia was better than Australia back in in the day.

The only business that anyone should ever consider opening In fyrom is a cheap brothel.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

Yeh i was once like this bloke. I had dreams of selling up and starting a new life in Macedonia. But it pays sometimes to be a naturally skeptical person, as i decided to try living there first for 1 year before making major decisions.

To make a long story short....... I bribed someone in Skopje with a large amount of cash
                                to get me and my family the fuck out of Macedonia after 3 months.

Bloody savages everywhere.
                                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                                X