Moving To Bitola For 1-2 years to open a Cafe/disco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by The Crying Lion* View Post
    Thanks everyone for the answers.

Maybe have a chat to DraganofStip, he's our man on the ground over in Macedonia, maybe he can help you with some answers or an understanding of local thinking.

It's one thing getting a diaspora opinion and another from one of the locals...

Comment

• PetroV
      Banned
      • Feb 2013

I will give you the best business to open in Bitola for the economy at hand ,but we become partners because its my idea .

A PAWN SHOP/ CASH FOR TITLES OF CARS/TRACTORS

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by PetroV View Post
        A PAWN SHOP/ CASH FOR TITLES OF CARS/TRACTORS
        Haha, the ones stolen by the Albanians and reregistered in Bulgaria.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Orovnichanec
          • Sep 2008

As it seems it's been stated a bunch of times, good luck on setting your business up. So many hoops you have to jump through. And this so called business reform only helps the big companies and not small businesses.
          "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

don't depart with your money so easily check things out to minimise the risk.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• PetroV
              Banned
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              Haha, the ones stolen by the Albanians and reregistered in Bulgaria.

The Albanians beat me to this idea ?

Comment

• molika
                • Sep 2008

The Lion will ROAR what has happened to Australian Macedonians ??
                Is Bitola a safe city i hear there is many begger gypsys is there alot of violent crime and armed robberies like we have in the rest of western europe ??

thanks
                doesnt sound like you've been to bitola, if you dont know the answer to this question? And if you have been to bitola, like you say... why on earth would you invest in that pit.

i was in bitola last august, the aussie owner on the korzo, not a happy chappy, authorities have shut him down 3 times in the summer? the locals do not like us doslaci... and never will like us... After my last visit in macedonia, i careless about my relatives over there..., they have turned into selfish pricks, only what never give... this is their moto. Give me but never give back... Business or pleasure it doesnt matter...

try Skopje, Ohrid or another town, just stay away from Bitolal.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by molika View Post
                  The whole country is the same.
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• molika
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    The whole country is the same.
                    from the airport i felt welcomed in country, contrary to previous trips. skopje hospitality was very professional, from resturants tourist attractions and cafes.. to me the city was in sync... it was like everyone was reading from the same book...

once i entered bitola, nothing positive to say... same as always... a money pit...those gupcina can spot us from a mile away..

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Bitola is just a large village. I love it to death, but sadly the mentality of the people in Bitola compared to Skopje or Ohrid, is primative. Skopje and Ohrid seemed to be more up to date, but still a long way to go. Atleast they have airports for quick get aways if you need to escape in a hurry with your pants and shirt left.
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• molika
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                        Bitola is just a large village. I love it to death, but sadly the mentality of the people in Bitola compared to Skopje or Ohrid, is primative. Skopje and Ohrid seemed to be more up to date, but still a long way to go. Atleast they have airports for quick get aways if you need to escape in a hurry lol
                        the mentality of bitolcani is very depressing, they sit around and sing to depressing songs about their youth...

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by molika View Post
                          doesnt sound like you've been to bitola, if you dont know the answer to this question? And if you have been to bitola, like you say... why on earth would you invest in that pit.

i was in bitola last august, the aussie owner on the korzo, not a happy chappy, authorities have shut him down 3 times in the summer? the locals do not like us doslaci... and never will like us... After my last visit in macedonia, i careless about my relatives over there..., they have turned into selfish pricks, only what never give... this is their moto. Give me but never give back... Business or pleasure it doesnt matter...

This is always an interesting discussion with many differing views and experiences.
                          It's been about 7 years since my last visit to Macedonia and at that time I thought the service in Bitola was miles ahead of what I experienced in places like Ohrid...
                          I had absolutely no issues with my relos but have heard many horror stories from others and their experiences.

The interesting thing about this is that it's not an isolated experience encountered by Macedonian's alone.
                          I've heard Croats complain about the same issues with their relatives and just last week I had a Turkish friend complain about similar issues of when her mother returned recently to Turkey and how her relos were all over her for handouts...lol

Comment

• The Crying Lion*
                            • Jan 2010

omg lol after reading all this i am even more depressed....

and yes i have been to bitola molika several years ago, but in macedonia one day its fine next day the terrorists is invading. My question was how is the security situation in bitola at the moment. Armed robberies, thieves, etc, corrupt police.

and what does doslaci means

thank you
                            Last edited by The Crying Lion*; 03-13-2013, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• Orovnichanec
                              • Sep 2008

omg lol after reading all this i am even more depressed....

and yes i have been to bitola molika several years ago, but in macedonia one day its fine next day the terrorists is invading. My question was how is the security situation in bitola at the moment. Armed robberies, thieves, etc, corrupt police.

and what does doslaci means

thank you
                              Security shouldn't be to big of an issue for you The Crying Lion, honestly I think that is one of your points you should worry about least.

You have a lot of work a head of you, and even more so headaches and work if you are not a citizen of Macedonia, more paperwork headaches.
                              "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Niko777
                                • Oct 2010

Apparently now they're treating foreign investors (Germans, Americans, Turks) like first class citizens without the government bureaucracy getting in your way. This is not same when they know you're Macedonian, they love taking advantage of Macedonians from the diaspora. Who knows, maybe you should contact Invest in Macedonia as an "Australian investor" interested in opening a business in Bitola and see what your options are.

Comment

Working...
                                X