• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikail
    • Sep 2008

Greek Propaganda

Here is a flag the Greeks now use at some events

A flag very similar to this hangs on the wall at the Greek border crossing at Negochani (Niki).

Greece has built a new multi million Euro border processing centre to replace the one at Negochani. It is built on the border line and is not in operation as yet.

Standing high on the wall of the new centre is a plaque of the 16 ray sun and around are the words "Macedonia was born in Greece".

Greece does whatever Greece wants in order to try to unsettle the Macedonian people.

Europe, take note of the tyranny you uphold. You will be judged by history if you allow this behavior to continue.
    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

They are still figuring out what to do with this new windfall called Macedonia.

My wife & I were at a wedding last night on a table full of Greeks. I said in my usual style that we were the only ones at the table who "missed out" on being Greek. We all laughed (me the most) and nobody pursued our ethnicity at the time. Then a couple described themselves as Macedonian which always amuses me. One looked pure "nash" to me, the other looked pure "import". Interestingly I decided to ask them if they could speak the "other" language in Macedonia. One of them from Ber said he could not believe it one day when his father started speaking with his neighbours in a completely foreign language. The other was from Lerin and knew exactly what I was talking about.

At this stage my knowledge of their regions was a little too clear. I explained how many times I have been to "their" region and that my language was prevalent all over the region. After our little chit chat, we (my wife & I) were the only Macedonian on the table and they were the Greeks. Which is fine by me.

The point of my most recent example being the more the Greeks are exposed to Macedonians, the more honest they become about themselves. Perhaps I need to re-think my previous thoughts about Macedonians visiting Halkidiki etc. The more they go, the more they make the distinction between the Macedonians and the Greeks obvious.

It was a great night and we even helped our new Greek friends dance the pushcheno (which was the first dance to be played).
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Mikail
      • Sep 2008

Nice story RTG!

Well done in your continued fight to "enlighten"those on the other side.

When I was in Macedonia, I had a few interesting conversations myself.

When in Lerin, I'd meet someone new and I asked them, "pos pate kala? Milate ta Ellinika?" (kako ste arni? Zborvate Grkski?)

to which they replied, "ne ta milame!" (da gi zborvame)

then I would answer, "arno togaj! Ajde da zborvame Makedonski ako gi znaete"

I put a smile on some peoples faces and turned several other noses up.

More people know how to speak Macedonian than don't and it never ceases to surprise me at just how many of our people are getting ready to come out.
      From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Mikail
        • Sep 2008

All the things Greece does at trying to provoke us is appearing to go against them. I asked my cousins in Lerin what they thought of what I mention in post 1. All they did was smile and said, we know what we are and our grandfather always told us to never forget. We are Macedonian and the Albanians in Athens can never deny us that.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

THat's exactly the message i got when iwas visiting my relatives & in solun that the whole thing is staged by the greek government & the ordinary citizen doesn't really share their aspirations,Perhaps one day all of what the greek govt is doing will be apparent to the people.Here in australia i've got the nicest neighbours they say that it's all bs what the greek government is doing & call them "pooftas who will sell their soul for apittance."
          They admitted that we are really macedonians & that the greek government is just spreading false propaganda.That is music to my ears.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Mikail
            • Sep 2008

Here is a dose of reality which Greeks should find difficult to deny

YouTube - Macedonia Historical Truth - Greeks cannot deny the TRUTH.avi

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Mikail. the old man walks into the local Kafana in Doldno Kotori. They are all speaking Greek, it is full. He walks in with the brother, and they stop and stare at him. He says, "kako ste brajka" they all start speaking Macedonian to him.
              I dont get it.
              (Not the part about talking in Macedonian to him and my brother, but the part about conversing in Greek)
              Incidentally I don't know a word of Greek . I would not fare well in Aegean Macedonia
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Venom
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                At this stage my knowledge of their regions was a little too clear. I explained how many times I have been to "their" region and that my language was prevalent all over the region. After our little chit chat, we (my wife & I) were the only Macedonian on the table and they were the Greeks. Which is fine by me.
                I had a similar conversation with a 'greek' a few months ago. After a little white he tried to hit me with a metal pole.

Many of them just do not want to know the truth.
                S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

The truth will prevail
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Rogi
                    • Sep 2008

Julie, I don't speak any Greek. I went to every town throughout Aegean Macedonia and got by just fine speaking Macedonian only. In some places better than fine. There are many more Macedonians than we think and the language is far more widely spoken and understood than you can imagine.

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

Am so pleased to hear that Rogi, zhelba mi e da odam vo tseli parchina od mojeto milo tatkovina. Was disappointed dad and brother did not travel around Aegean Macedonia, I would certainly travel the length and breadth of it if health permits to do so one day.
                      Rogi, good to hear.

Comment

• johnMKD
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
                        Am so pleased to hear that Rogi, zhelba mi e da odam vo tseli parchina od mojeto milo tatkovina. Was disappointed dad and brother did not travel around Aegean Macedonia, I would certainly travel the length and breadth of it if health permits to do so one day.
                        Rogi, good to hear.
                        That would be a great thing to do, julie. I've seen almost all of Aegean Macedonia and it's really beautiful. Mountains, Valleys and Sea so perfectly mixed together... really a destination for all tastes!
                        I'd also like to visit RoM, to have a total idea of the entire Macedonia. By checking online it seems to be a rather mountainous region with also some valleys. I believe Macedonia is beautiful anywhere you go.
                        Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                          Julie, I don't speak any Greek. I went to every town throughout Aegean Macedonia and got by just fine speaking Macedonian only. In some places better than fine. There are many more Macedonians than we think and the language is far more widely spoken and understood than you can imagine.
                          Perhaps this is what the greeks fear most, that their dirty work is far from complete...

Comment

• Mikail
                            • Sep 2008

You are right johnMKD. Macedonia is a beautiful place anywhere you go! And in 7 weeks I didn't even get to scratch the surface. I can't wait to get back over there again and continue my journey of discovery of a place so enchanted, so mystical, so rich and so, so beautiful

Comment

• Mikail
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              Perhaps this is what the greeks fear most, that their dirty work is far from complete...
                              You're right about that.The amount of people who are actually in tune with their Macedonian-ness is amazing.

Ovcareni is just one villagewho holds a huge Macedonian panagir! Next time I'll get to some of the others.

The amazing thing about it Phoenix is that all the young are the ones attending these festivals. They are the ones dancing, singing and expressing they are Macedonian.

The Greek government will actually do us a favour by banning our language again. We will see a strong revival in Macedonian speakers if this happens.

Giving us freedom to speak has made some people think the pressure is off. They are now starting to see that it's not and in light of Greeces's economic melt down, things will begin to get alot harder

Comment

Working...
                              X