Clear All
  • DedoAleko
    • Jun 2009

EC: Macedonia has third highest GDP growth in Europe

Comment

• DedoAleko
      • Jun 2009

Ethnic Macedonian wins mayoral spot in Ovcarani, more wins expected

Gjorgi Javramov has been elected village mayor of Ovcarani municipality in the first round of local elections in Yunanistan.

Although the Macedonian Party in Yunanistan "Rainbow" will not officially take part in the elections, its members were put on lists as independent candidates. Javramov has acquired the highest number of votes and will substitute Pande Aslakov.

Macedonian minority members are very well satisfied that one of their representatives will become an overlord of the village and will fight for preserving Macedonian identity in Yunanistan.

Macedonian citizens have their candidate in the village of Neret, near Lerin. Vasil Stojkov, supported by the leading New Democracy, will compete in the ballot. Nikola Cockov is a candidate to head the Lerin prefecture which includes dozen of villages in that region. He has been supported by the opposition party Syriza. Both candidates have not succeeded in gaining 40% of the votes to be elected in the first round. However, they will run for support in the second round on Sunday.

Nevertheless, the Macedonian minority party in Yunanistan "Rainbow" will take part in the forthcoming EU elections, which is a great opportunity to raise voice and be represented in the political scene.

izvor: http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/25343/45/

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

that's great as long there is no interference & more recognition of the win.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

well done bill keep it up we'll all be more informed.On the water polo all I can say for shame to Greece doing that to our players.(detaining tem for no reason but their nationality)Stupid greeks.
          The Eu will have to face reality that Nazism is making a big comeback to its member & current president of the eu Greece.They will get the nazi salute when they succeed in getting their seats in parliament in current elections.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DedoAleko
            • Jun 2009

The star of Kutlesh shone over the grave of Todor Alexandrov

izvor: http://www.blitz.bg/news/article/276519
            Last edited by DedoAleko; 06-30-2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• DedoAleko
              • Jun 2009

Merkel urges gReece and FYROM to settle dispute

The dispute between greece and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) over the latter’s name is a “burden” on Europe, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Tuesday as she called for a solution even if it would leave both sides disappointed.

“We can find a way to solve this problem,” Merkel said at the annual meeting of the Brdo-Brijuni Process between leaders of Southeastern European countries. “I have spent time on this issue and the names and possible combinations but sometimes I think there is nothing else to be proposed.”

This is her second major involvement in the name dispute. Last November she held talks with the United Nation’s mediator for the issue, Matthew Nimetz, in Berlin.

“In Germany we say that a compromise has been achieved when each side is equally unhappy,” said Merkel from the Croatian city of Dubrovnik, adding that a solution of the name issue would allow FYROM to progress with its efforts to join the European Union and NATO.

Greek diplomats were concerned recently that FYROM’s attempt to join NATO would be raised again at the organization’s next summit, in the Welsh city of Cardiff, in September but Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said that the enlargement of the alliance will not be on the agenda.

izvor: http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w...07/2014_541406

It is symptomatic that Merkel besides the "problems" with the name, she mentions the identity too.

This is video of her statement: http://play.mrt.com.mk/play/25329/2-15-07-2014
              Last edited by DedoAleko; 07-16-2014, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Geez ......what's going on in Ferguson US ?
                apparently this was just today, it's another police shooting. Might be graphic for some.

St. Louis (City/Town/Village), Ferguson (City/Town/Village)
                Last edited by Bill77; 08-21-2014, 05:06 AM.
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Volokin
                  • Apr 2014

Skopje. Residents of Macedonia’s Vevcani want the death penalty to be reinstated after two people from the village were killed by former postman, Macedonian Vecer daily writes.
                  According to the local residents, revenge is the only punishment for the killer of their fellow villagers.
                  Mayor of the village, Cvevromir Ugrinovski, said that a petition had been launched with a demand to re-enforce the death sentence.
                  Death sentence was rejected in Macedonia in 1991. The last convict sentenced to death was Male Zekiri in 1987 for raping and killing his own daughter.

Comment

• Gocka
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                    Geez ......what's going on in Ferguson US ?
                    apparently this was just today, it's another police shooting. Might be graphic for some.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi0lYWZ_stA
                    The police in the US are very aggressive, they shoot first ask questions later.

It happens often, where a suspect is shot a dozen times or more. They shoot to kill not to subdue and that is my biggest issue with them. Just because someone has committed a crime doesn't mean they should die, especially before they are given a chance in court.

The police consistently instigate situations and get to a point where they may have to use their weapons, they don't try to deescalate situations so it doesn't come to that.

Did you see the footage from recent protests where they are lined up in the streets with army style weapons pointed directly at the crowd? Scary stuff.

Comment

• Redsun
                      • Jul 2013

So glad, I wasn't born in America.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                        The police in the US are very aggressive, they shoot first ask questions later.
                        I think that's just police in general and its not that different to what happens in most countries, including Australia.
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Precisely Tom the second guy that got shot was waving a knife and taunted the police to shoot him.He was lunging with the knife.Police are similar to australia situation use of guns tasers etc.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DedoAleko
                            • Jun 2009

eU continues threatening...

Mogherini: internal issues possible if Macedonia doesn't solve the name issue

izvor: http://www.mia.mk/en/Inside/RenderSi...y/61/121027663

Comment

• Constellation
                              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by DedoAleko View Post
                              eU continues threatening...

Mogherini: internal issues possible if Macedonia doesn't solve the name issue

izvor: http://www.mia.mk/en/Inside/RenderSi...y/61/121027663
                              Who cares what the EU has to say. The EU is a dead horse.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                                • Aug 2011

A bizzarre scenario unfolds in Albania where Macedonians and Greeks will be forced to join forces against the new discriminatory law voted in the Albanian parliament:

”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                                ― George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X