• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
    Soldier,

Modern national states always promoted unity, a common culture, a common heritage, and a common language as their basis for existance, otherwise what's the point in having a state?

Do you expect a state to promote differences? How many local dialects does France or Germany have? How many sub groups do states like these have? Are you telling me ROM is not promoting the idea of Macedonism? The notion that you all belong to one nation, with one language, and share the same cultural heritage?
    Hang on a second there my friend, promoting unity to the citizens and a common culture of the state (native culture is different) is all well and fair, I cannot dispute this. However, how can you possibly promote a common 'heritage' and 'language' in one state? Don't you see that by doing this very thing you are perpetuating the racist policy of the Greek state where it concerns its minorities, namely, that all or most (98%) of the citizens of Greece are 'Greek by genus'? This is a falsity, and you know this quite well.

The Republic of Macedonia promotes unity among its citizens, yes, it promotes a common culture of the state, yes, but it does not claim that all of the citizens have one linguistic origin and/or the same heritage, that is ludicrous, Macedonia has the same minorities as Greece, it has Vlachs, Albanians, Turks, etc, every single one of these is recognized by the name they self-determine. Greece denies each of their minorities of this right and claims 98% Greeks in Greece. You tell me, what is wrong with that picture?
    I will be the first to admit that Greeks, like the French, suffer from cultural chavaunism to a certain extent. This has nothing to do with racism, but instead I think it has to do with the notion or idea that most Greeks have about their language, culture, and history compared to that of their neighbors. The same applied in ancient times and the same applies now.
    You mean how they think they have the right to look down on their neighbours because a various mix of people today speak an ancient language that largely survived due to its biblical and commercial use? Tell me about it mate.......Greece's 'chavaunism' is the direct result of its narrowly nationalistic and racist policies of the last century and a half.
    As for "cutting tongues". I'm sure that such things happened in the Balkans in the early 20th century.
    The articles were from a couple of decades ago, probably even less, don't close your eyes to the truth, no normal state sends its officials into villages to force the local populations to renounce their native languages and only ever speak the Greek tongue. That is a disgrace, would you agree? Or were these poor villagers enlightened by that "feeling" you have been talking about all this time?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Sarafot
      • Dec 2008

Macedonia is cradle of democrasy,evry garbige has wright,and about Europe?
      Imagine,in SLovenia there are 2000 Hungarians and 1500 Italians,and they have all rights.But there are 50 000 Serbs,100.000 muslims,40.000 Croats,10,000 Macedonians, and not single of them/us have some minority rights?Most of those peoples are here since 1950 and do not have a religius object.....
      homogenity of Europe?HAHA
      Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
      - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Some Slovenian citizens with a background from the former YU are not permitted the right to their own radio, school, church, etc?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Sarafot
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          Some Slovenian citizens with a background from the former YU are not permitted the right to their own radio, school, church, etc?
          YAP!!
          Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

This is news to me my friend, please clarify once more, there is no Macedonian Orthodox Church, Macedonian school or Macedonian media permitted in Slovenia? The Macedonian children aren't permitted to learn their mother-tongue in schools?

Comment

• Sarafot
              • Dec 2008

This is news to me my friend, please clarify once more, there is no Macedonian Orthodox Church, Macedonian school or Macedonian media permitted in Slovenia? The Macedonian children aren't permitted to learn their mother-tongue in schools?
              Yea bro,nothing,we only have 3 clubs,one in Maribor,Ljubljana and Kranj,just for bigest ''praznici'' for gethering.We dont have radio,we are watching MKTV via Sattelite or Kabel,we dont have church,we have to use Serbian one for little ocasions,my brother married this year,and he have to wait for ''pop''s aprowemant for 15 days becouse he is not Serb,the permision has ariwed from SOC of Zagrebačka eparhija from vladika of that eprhija.

They borowed us church (catholic) in Kranj for some time,but not any more,one of the laders of Kranj's club saied that Serbian church is pressing on SLovenians not to alow MPC on SLovenian ground.

School?No,that is what i saied yesterday,assimilation is high!Only school are parents!......

I'm so sad man,i had to go back in Macedonia to married my self,to baptist a children......

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

The assumption that Slovenia provides the Macedonians all of their rights as a minority is thus flawed, as a Macedonian from Slovenia can clearly testify that this is not the case.

Sarafot, why is the SOC permitted? Remnant from the YU era?

Comment

• Sarafot
                  • Dec 2008

The assumption that Slovenia provides the Macedonians all of their rights as a minority is thus flawed, as a Macedonian from Slovenia can clearly testify that this is not the case.

Sarafot, why is the SOC permitted? Remnant from the YU era?
                  Yea,the church was bild by King Karađorđevič.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
                    Yea,the church was bild by King Karađorđevič.
                    That king was killed by a Macedonian in 1934.

Comment

• Sarafot
                      • Dec 2008

That king was killed by a Macedonian in 1934.
                      Yap,Vlado Černozemski-what was his nick?

Comment

• Sarafot
                        • Dec 2008

You guys make me so proud,you are in deed the thru Macedonians!!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Historical day in Marseille, the Serb King of Yugoslavia assasinated by Vlado the Macedonian.

You are most welcome here Sarafot.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
                            Yap,Vlado Černozemski-what was his nick?
                            it says crnozemski
                            1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                            2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Sarafot
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dimko-piperkata View Post
                              it says crnozemski
                              Jea brat,you are corect,a just remember his nickname,''Vlado Štipjančeto''

Comment

Working...
                              X