• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartan
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    The massacres of Monemvasia and Navarino

The Muslims of the small town of Monemvasia, which was besieged by the Greek rebels, decided, in August 1821, to surrender to the rebels, as they could no longer endure the prevalent hunger and disease; but nevertheless they were slaughtered barbarously. These events were hailed in Western Europe as “victory of liberalism and Christianity”21. A few days later the same fate befell the Muslims of Navarino: between 2,000 and 3,000 of them were cruelly massacred. Turkish women were stripped and searched for valuables. Naked women plunged into the sea, and were shot in water; children were thrown in to drown, and babies were taken from their mothers and beaten against the rocks.

Greeks of Navarino were relating with pride the terrible massacres that had taken place there. One of them was boasting that he had killed eighteen Turks; another one was relating how he had stabbed to death nine women and children in their beds. These merciless killers were, with pride, showing to the European volunteers, who had come to help the “Hellenic cause”, the corpses of the Muslim women whom they had raped, carved up and then thrown over the fortifications some time earlier 23. But these terrible scenes did not impress the volunteers; on the contrary, they shocked and disgusted them. A German volunteer named Lieber describes how they felt hatred and disgust towards the Greek rebels who were calling upon them to rape these women when they themselves had already sexually assaulted them

The Tripolitsa massacre

on 5 October 1821, lasting for two days, during which 10,000 people were killed. Most of the corpses were decapitated and carved Up25. The Greek rebels tortured the Muslims whom they believed hoarded their money. According to St. Clair, Howarth and the British Colonial Office and Foreign Office documents, “they were slow1y burnt to death on a fire, after their arms and legs where chopped off’. One can imagine what the rebels had done to pregnant Muslim women.

About 2,000 captives, consisting mostly of women, were stripped naked;
    driven to a plain outside the town and then killed. After this event, many starving Muslim children were running from place to place, and were targeted, slaughtered or shot dead by the Greek rebels, who were elated and with their mouths foaming26. The chief Greek brigand, Theodoros Kolokotronis, who occupies pride of place in the “Greek pantheon of heroes”, also took part in these massacres and pillages with relish27.

European officers, including Colonel Thomas Gordon, who happened to be at Tripolitsa during the massacre, witnessed the hair-raising incidents there, and some of them later reached these with all their ugliness. Colonel Gordon became so disgusted with these Greek barbarities that he resigned from the service of the Greeks. The young German philhellene doctor Wilhelm Boldemann, who could not bear to witness these scenes, committed suicide by taking poison. Some of the Other European philhellenes, too, who were extremely disillusioned, followed suit.
    Great post Bill, and I sincerely mean that...... especially the Monemvasia part, those are my guys.
    Thanks for sharing that.
    This is something most people dont know, thank you!
    Last edited by Spartan; 04-04-2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Spartan, do you have anything to offer in reply to these reports? Are there any records of such Turkish massacres on the Christian populations in Morea and the surrounding regions, leading up to and/or during the war of independence?

Are you comfortable with what your guys did to the women and children? I would hope not. There are several of these stories, repeatedly told by the so-called Philhellenes. I can't see how the state of war is justification for it.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

MACEDONIANS DRIVEN INTO HOUSES AND BURNED TO DEATH

News has reached here of a Terrible tragedy at the village Of Dragosh, Bitola, Macedonia, Several days ago.

While a festival was in progress and the villagers were dancing upon the lawns in a public park, a large band of Greeks suddenly swooped down upon them and after driving them into there houses, set fire to the buildings and burned them to death.

The victims included women and children, and numbered, it is said, between 25-45.

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Serdarot
          • Feb 2010

MACEDONIANS DRIVEN INTO HOUSES AND BURNED TO DEATH

News has reached here of a Terrible tragedy at the village Of Dragosh, Bitola, Macedonia, Several days ago.

While a festival was in progress and the villagers were dancing upon the lawns in a public park, a large band of Greeks suddenly swooped down upon them and after driving them into there houses, set fire to the buildings and burned them to death.

The victims included women and children, and numbered, it is said, between 25-45.

http://www.macedonia-timeless.com/Li...to%20Death.pdf
          well, honestly, it is not easy for me to read and write about such things.

it is not to many of us.

i am grown in Bitola, and had since early childhood very strong connection with my Father´s Mother - my loved Grandmother.

i´ve learned so many things from her, unfortunately lots of those "stories" are personal family tragedies, lost childs, close relatives, etc, the "clasic" Macedonian story, specialy if you have roots in Lerin(sko) and your family is not friendly to the Greek, Bulgarian and Serbian propaganda / assimilation policies.

on celebrations and many other oportunities, i´ve heard from her and other relatives something like:

"po vurni ne gorEa"
          "tiki chinat utepai ovoi, utepai onoi, aku lafis nashki"
          "sa kriat pod djamo i slushat kak lafis"
          "utepaa mazite grabnAa dec´ta"
          "da i vrkne to sho vrka, ni i zEa niV´te toa gjupcite i turcite"
          "sho se tepame so taljanite i germancite, ka pak via gjupcite gjoa rospii, ni a zEa sermiata"

and many similar talkings / "statements". if it changes anything, also my mother have roots in egejska, same stories from that side too...

beside the times when you hear on the news that some idiots destroed or vandalized another Macedonian Graves or Church or Monastery in the occupied part, you hear also from your very close relatives, you see and feel their anger, and their pain.

betrayed, attacked from a coallition of powerfull ex-allies, facing superior millitary power (USA, UK, maybe some1 else, and the "greeks" )

there are "serious scientist" who under-estimate the meaning and the worth of the informations about happenings from our past from those who LIVED in those times.

What is more accurate than that? (to be informed from first-hand witness)

I think it is our duty to collect as much as possible testimonies from those survivors of the greeks crimes who are still alive, and from their children.

Not to be forgoten.

So long we keep the memory on those who fought and died so we can live free, those who fought so we can have the right to call ourself by our name - Macedonians, and to speak our Macedonian Language, they are Immortal

p.s.

- "greeks" were involved in Srebrenica Massacre, not sure if alrady mentioned in this thread. :/

they need serious evolvement / "upgrade"

stucked on some low frequencies, and claiming complete world heritage, realy bad joke
          Last edited by Serdarot; 04-04-2010, 08:46 PM.
          Bratot:
          Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Serdarot
            sa kriat pod djamo i slushat kak lafis
            What they did after they heard is much more disturbing.

I agree with you Serdarot, nobody should be allowed to forget.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

A special thanks goes to the following MTO members, Napoleon, SOM, TLWR, for there hard work.

Makedonias Agonas

The Greko-Turk struggle against Macedonia

Modern Greeks always talk proudly about their so-called "Makedonias Agonas", a war they state was to liberate the 'Greek' Macedonians and 'Greek' Macedonia from Turkish rule. In reality, the so-called "Makedonias Agonas" was nothing more then a war of genocide against the indigenous Macedonian population with the aim of annexing Aegean Macedonia to modern Greece. Ironically, the biggest allies of the modern Greeks in this endeavor besides the English were the Turks. Below is a small collection of photographs from that period which document Turko-Greek collaboration.

exposing these fake Greek 'Macedonians' for what they really were, non-Macedonian, not even geographically from Macedonia, thieves and animals. And that piece of garbage impersonating a priest, sitting next to his Turkish friends, is one of the greatest animals in humanity. Funny how Greeks curse the thought that today the Macedonians and Turks have become allies against them, yet only a century ago they were in bed with each other to destroy the Macedonian people.

So much for their version of Christianity and 'Orthodox brotherhood'. I know that not all Greeks are responsible for this, but those that were, who were many in any case, nothing could allow forgiveness in a Macedonian heart after knowing what they did to there people.

The infamous photo of Greek Bishop Karavangelis blessing the Turkish guns prior to their use against Macedonians.

Another photo of Karavangelis and his Turkish allies.

Greeks and their Turkish allies, notice both flags in the background

Greek bandits posing with their Turkish Allies

More Greek bandits posing with their Turkish Allies

Greek bandit posing with Turkish Allie

Another Greek posing with Turkish Allies

Another Greek posing with Turkish Allies

'Greek' leader Spyros and his Turkish friend Adam, and their lovely partnership of terrorism against the local Macedonian-speaking villages that found themselves within the Exarchate?

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Karanvegelis was from Turkis background according to our turkish friend.

The atrocities that have been committed against the Macedonian people are unforgiveable. What is even more 'laughable" is that the so called democratic greeks are still at it, a lovely example with the filthy scumbag chats and parades .
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Spartan
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Spartan, do you have anything to offer in reply to these reports?
                  Not really SoM, the excerpts Bill provided about the Morea are pretty accurate from what I know of these events.
                  I merely pointed this out because in another thread Bill referred to Karavangelis, and the Turks who aided the attrocities committed against Macedonians as being commited by 'my amigos'. I, in return, pointed out that those were not 'my amigos' or my forefathers. After reading the last post in question, i just wanted to point out that these were 'my guys', not the others.

Are there any records of such Turkish massacres on the Christian populations in Morea and the surrounding regions, leading up to and/or during the war of independence?
                  Historian David Brewer writes that in the first year of the revolution, a Turkish army descended on the city of Patras and slaughtered all of the civilians of the settlement, razing the city.[38] The forces of Ibrahim Pasha were extremely brutal in the Peloponnese, burning the major port of Kalamata to the ground and slaughtering the city's inhabitants; they also ravaged the countryside and were heavily involved in the slave trade. When Ibrahim Pasha retook Tripoli in June 22, 1825, he massacred the entire Greek population, destroyed the city and tore down its walls.[39]

This is from Wiki, but its cited.

Even still, after years of being governed by a foreign power, it is inevitable that the revolution will be 'ugly'. This is usually ther case when it comes to uprisings.

Are you comfortable with what your guys did to the women and children?
                  No, If i were in charge, I would have put the women and Children on a boat, and send them back from whence they came. Like i said, after 350 years of being under the yoke of the ottoman, Im not really surprised that this happened. Not to excuse it, as murder is inexcusable, but the 'stage was set' so to speak.
                  I would hope not. There are several of these stories, repeatedly told by the so-called Philhellenes. I can't see how the state of war is justification for it.
                  There is nothing that justifies outright murder, but when the snowball starts rolling, iis inevitable that these attrocities will take place, as history has told us.
                  Its human nature.
                  Almost every people in the world is responsible for having commited similar acts at some point in their history.
                  It is what it is.
                  Last edited by Spartan; 04-05-2010, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Onur
                    • Apr 2010

Greek Cypriot Author explains Greek Cypriot Atrocities

Greek Cypriot author and researcher, Tony Angastiniotis, who questioned Greek Cypriot nationalism in his written works and in his documentary "The Voice of Blood II" drew attention to the mass massacres carried out by the Greek Cypriots against the Turkish Cypriots and brought to light the Greek Cypriot brutality.

"Why am I excavating the past?"
                    They have asked me repeatedly, why I am excavating old wounds, why I do not leave the past to slip away. The answer is simple. The wounds are by no means old, otherwise mothers dressed in black, arms, armies and barricades would not be present. For me that only recently began to discover the other half of the truth, although I live in the island almost 40 years, each new discovery leaves deep wound in my soul.

The past becomes a scary present once you jump over the wall of propaganda, and you discover that on purpose, society withheld from you half of the truth, or told you the whole truth but corrupted. Suddenly you understand that if you want to find more truth, you must plough up the ground with naked hands until they bleed. If you dare to speak, they will call you a traitor, your life may be threatened, and many friends may turn there back on you. It is also possible that you will be left completely isolated.

Tony is a Greek Cypriot photo-journalist and former nationalist, who experienced a change of heart, and now produces documentaries exposing atrocities committed by Greek Cypriots against the Turkish Cypriot people. As a result, he is despised by his own people, lost his house and has become a hunted man forced to travel like a gypsy, relying on the kindness of strangers and for the past couple of months those who have opened their arms to him have been the people and students working for the Media Centre in the Department of Communication and Media Studies.

“We go day by day”, he says. “My wife supports me all the way. She believes and I believe and I honour her very much for her support and courage”. Despite all the hardships, living away from his wife and children and sometimes even going on without food it is a mission for him, “something in my heart I have to do and in my conscience that is beyond politics”. He says he is finding out the truth about the Cyprus problem and that he has no flag or nationality. “It hurts people and it is hard for them because the truth sometimes hurts”. He says that he would like to set the record straight as to what really happened. “I believe in the power of the media to touch people in the heart and mind”.

Tony said he never questioned what he was taught, believing that the Turks were barbarians and wanted to murder Greek Cypriots, until the borders were lifted two years ago when he decided to cross over and find out for himself. What he discovered was the untold story of crimes committed against Turkish Cypriot people. Even the most naïve person must see the truth for themselves. “The elders know but do not speak, however they carry a very big responsibility. I am cursed and blessed with the truth. If you see and hear what really happened and all the bad propaganda that comes from the Greek side, then it becomes impossible to see it any other way!”.

Voice of Blood 2: Searching for Selden
                    Voice of Blood 2: Searching for Selden

P. S : This is a documentary by a Greek Cypriot filmmaker and a journalist who lived in Cyprus but after this documentary, i read that he had to leave Cyprus because of death threats he gets in daily basis and propaganda against him in all Greek media as they labeled him as "traitor". The ruins of some houses you see in the documentary is left as it was since 1974 for the remembering of the events.

He dedicates this documentary for all the children who mass murdered by Greek "EOKA/Enosis" followers while they are in a primary school.

Also this mass murdering of the kids by Greeks at the school was the main reason of Turkish military operation at 1974. Turkish prime minister of the year 1974 wrote in his memoirs like; "We were already getting reports of Greek oppression and crimes towards Turkish people in Cyprus for 7-8 years on a weekly basis but when i received the news of the Greek EOKA terrorists mass murdered all the children at one primary school, then i called the authorities and told them that Turkish army will be at the Cyprus in 24h to stop all these atrocities and save our brothers and sisters from the hands of Greek Junta Colonels and EOKA terrorists."
                    Last edited by Onur; 04-05-2010, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                      Not really SoM, the excerpts Bill provided about the Morea are pretty accurate from what I know of these events.
                      I merely pointed this out because in another thread Bill referred to Karavangelis, and the Turks who aided the attrocities committed against Macedonians as being commited by 'my amigos'. I, in return, pointed out that those were not 'my amigos' or my forefathers. After reading the last post in question, i just wanted to point out that these were 'my guys', not the others.
                      I was pointing out that at one stage in history, these life long evil enemy of Greece hapened to be Greece's amigos. Brothers in arms. I did not say Spartans Amigos.lol
                      If you want to distance your forefathers from the rest of Greece, its your choice. But reality is, They were Greeks (only by name) in bed with the Turks for the sake of the plans for Greater Greece (Megali Idea)

And one more correction, Turks did not aid the attrocities, they were commiting them. It was the two faced evil Karavangelis and the many Greek Bandits that aided the Turks. hmmm and what tough and Brave guys these Greeks were.

Historian David Brewer writes that in the first year of the revolution, a Turkish army descended on the city of Patras and slaughtered all of the civilians of the settlement, razing the city.[38] The forces of Ibrahim Pasha were extremely brutal in the Peloponnese, burning the major port of Kalamata to the ground and slaughtering the city's inhabitants; they also ravaged the countryside and were heavily involved in the slave trade. When Ibrahim Pasha retook Tripoli in June 22, 1825, he massacred the entire Greek population, destroyed the city and tore down its walls.[39]

This is from Wiki, but its cited. .
                      Well my source puts it this way. Though mine starts at the begining of this incident 1821. and yours covers later on in 1825. It could be two diferant incident.

"when the Ottoman authorities in the Peloponnese, headed by the governor, Hursit Pasha, became aware of the rebellious movement among the Greeks, they met at Tripolitsa, the capital of the province, and invited the local Greeks to hand over their arms to the authorities, and called upon some of the Greek leaders individuahy to go to Tripolitsa in order to discuss the situation with them. However, these Greek leaders refused to reciprocate to this invitation and instead provoked the Rebellion. The Greeks began their rebellion in the Peloponnese on 6 April 1821 {new style) with the slogan: “Not a Turk shall remain in the Morea”, which inspired indiscriminate and murderous action against all Muslimsl3".

No, If i were in charge, I would have put the women and Children on a boat, and send them back from whence they came. The men....well I believe in an 'eye for an eye'. After 350 years of being under the yoke of the ottoman, Im not really surprised that this happened.
                      Then you would understand, if we ask for, "eye for an eye"

Lets look at the life of being under the Yoke of the Ottoman.

"The peninsula of the Peloponnese (in Southern Greece), which is also known as the Morea, was first partly conquered in 1397 CE by the Ottoman Sultan Beyazit I from the Byzantines, and was completely overrun in 1460 by Sultan Mehmet II, who was received as a deliverer by the Greek Orthodox Christian population, then suffering under the rule of the Roman Catholics1. In 1698 the Ottomans were compelled to cede the Peloponnese to the Venetians, under the Treaty of Carlowitz, but in 1718 it was retroceded to the Ottoman Empire under the Treaty of Passarowitz2 According to the late Professor Dr. Douglas Dakin, who was an expert on the history of modern Greece:"

"This renewed Turkish rule the inhabitants found preferable to that of the Venetians; taxes were lighter; the administration was less efficient and therefore less harsh; and the (Ottoman) infidel was much more tolerant than the Roman Catholic

"The Ottomans established a province (pasalik) in the Peloponnese, the Greek Population of which was about 400,000, gradually augmented by about 50,000 Turks and other Muslims. Despite the comfortable and easy life which the Greeks, especially those living in urban areas, led, they began to intrigue with the Russians during the reign of Tsar Peter the Mad, These intrigues, which aimed at the resurrection of the Byzantine Empire, continued under Empress Catherine II during whose reign Russian agents roamed the countryside in the Peloponnese, inciting the people to rebellion "

"0n the eve of the rebellion, the Greeks in the Ottoman Empire were leading relatively peaceful and prosperous lives, whilst those with the wealth and education found employment in the Ottoman government service. In areas where the Greeks were in the majority they were allowed to establish their own municipalities (dimarchia), free from the interference of the state;

Life could not have been that Bad Spartan. If you asked me and compare todays Macedonians, to the Greek life centuries ago, Life was pretty Good for you guys.

"whilst the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate centered at Istanbul, the Ottoman capital, became a privileged institution, participating in the administration of the Ottoman state11. Then why did the Greek rebellion take place?"

"The Greek rebellion began as follows: the Metropolitan of Patras, Germanos, who was enrolled as a member of the Philiki Eteria in 1819, weary about the invitation he had received to proceed to Tripolitsa, set out and arrived at the monastery of Ayia {Saint) Lavra, near the mountain town of Kalavrita. There, he met the other bishops who, like himself, were equally undetermined on what to do. Later, Germanos himself faked and read out to them a letter, describing how the Turks would throw them into prison or kill them. Then, taking advantage of the resulting excitement among the people, he unfurled the flag of rebellion on 6 April 1821, and called upon at the Greeks to join the rebellion. The first flag of the rebels portrayed a cross over an upturned crescent, or a cross over a severed Turkish head 14."

Priests, Fake, lies. Has anything changed.

There is nothing that justifies outright murder, but when the snowball starts rolling, iis inevitable that these attrocities will take place.
                      Its human nature.
                      Almost every people in the world is responsible for having commited similar acts at some point in their history.
                      It is what it is.
                      I do agree that there is nothing that justifies outright Murder.

I would also agree almost every people in the world is responsible commiting barbarious acts one time in history. But no other nation, has such a long history or comes close to Greece. Evan to this day, there are sick chants of wearing peoples skins as cloths. Which sick nation would suggest something like that. Priests during Easter celebration instead of spreading sins should be forgiven, peace to all, Jesus died on the cross for our sins. We hear Macedonia is Greek and don't give it up. which sick religion would do this?

This is why i started this thread. To make people realise who and what the real problem was and still is in our region. I hope one day the Greek nation realise Parts of there true history and how things have not changed. Like i said to you previously Spartan. Greek mind set has not changed. They are centuries behind the rest of civilisation. i will keep on prooving it. I and many here have so much respect for you, why? because you are a moderate Greek, inteligant, open minded just to name a few positive words to describe you. What is alarming though, is a person with your description of nature, still uses words as, "No, If i were in charge, I would have put the women and Children on a boat, and send them back from whence they came" and "The men....well I believe in an 'eye for an eye' "iis inevitable that these attrocities will take place. Its human nature. Almost every people in the world is responsible for having commited similar acts at some point in their history". And you seem to accept that "It is what it is". If this is what an open minded, moderate Greek thinks, God help the Balkans.
                      Last edited by Bill77; 04-05-2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Spartan
                        • Sep 2008

I was pointing out that at one stage in history, these life long evil enemy of Greece hapened to be Greece's amigos. Brothers in arms. I did not say Spartans Amigos.lol

If you want to distance your forefathers from the rest of Greece, its your choicBut reality is, They were Greeks (only by name) in bed with the Turkse. for the sake of the plans for Greater Greece (Megali Idea)
                        I give a shit about "greater greece" or the 'megali idea'!! Nor were my people fighting with Turks in Macedonia. Like i said, those were not my ancestors, and I dont in anyway condone the attrocities in Macedonia, nor have I ever stated the contrary.

I feel your accusations, and this manner in wich you are adressing me is unwarranted.

If you want to distance your forefathers from the rest of Greece, its your choicBut reality is, They were Greeks (only by name) in bed with the Turkse.
                        This is the second time youve insulted my background.
                        I ask you refrain if you want to continue dicussing things with me.
                        I have not insulted you or disrespected your heritage.

Then you would understand, if we ask for, "eye for an eye"
                        Of course
                        I already said i believe in 'an eye for an eye"

Life could not have been that Bad Spartan. If you asked me and compare todays Macedonians, to the Greek life centuries ago, Life was pretty Good for you guys.
                        Yeah, very good.
                        If you consider fortifying yourself for 300 years in inaccessible mountain villages just to maintain some type of self-governance 'very good'.
                        I wouls imagine it was just as good for all the other states that starded rebellions and revolutions against the ottomans.

"good" or not, a yoke is a yoke.

Also, in response to my attitude towards the events that happened, how upset would you be if you read that your ancestors wiped all the greeks out of, and liberated, your homeland? Ashamed?
                        From your avatar and sig alone, it isnt hard to assume what your feelings on it would be. And I doubt they'd be moderate, so please spare me the 'holier than thou act'.
                        You want to sell to me that the Turks are some kind of 'victims' when it comes to their time in europe? lol, youd have a better chance of selling water to the ocean.
                        God help the Balkans indeed Bill!!

Also, I dont know why you feel you need to prove to me personally what 'pieces of shit all greeks are", or what has brought on your fanatical anti-greece stance or, why the personal insults of late . If you are upset with my responses to you in the other thread I sincerely apologise, but I never insulted you and never made it personal.

Anyways, you should focus more on Macedonia, and less on Greece......Im sure it will be more gratifying for you in the long run.
                        Last edited by Spartan; 04-05-2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Is it me, or reality hit a raw nerve mate. You need to settle down.

My first point was to elaborate and corect your understanding to what i said. Ok amigo

And acusing you???? i thought i was acusing the evil Karavangelis and the many Greek Bandits. You know, the other Greeks, That are not your amigos. I am sory if you feel i am insulting your background or you personaly. Its not my intention to insult. But gather some history onto one thread. If it hurts so much, then look away.

Thanks for your advice, But Greece is an issue for Macedonia...... and the rest of the Balkans. Therfor its inevitable to have some focus on Greece.

I ask you refrain if you want to continue dicussing things with me
                          actualy, i will not, simple, don't respond to every sentence i write, and i will not respond. Its easy.
                          Last edited by Bill77; 04-06-2010, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Now back to History Lessons. The Focus of this is on Macedonia. But suprise suprise, Greece rears its ugly head again.

Greek Betrayal and Manipulation

Quote: Macedonian Committee in Bulgaria, is somewhat discredited among the wealthier classes, owing to the crimes and extortion connected with it. Still the physical force party, which may be compared to the Fenian section of the Irish Nationalists, continues to follow of ex Presdident Sarafof, who has Planned a General rising of Christians in the coming spring.

The dispatch says that the overtures made in Athens and Belgrade have not been found tempting and that the Greeks have disclosed the scheme to Turkey.

Delcev, the Famous Macedonian chief, says the Sofia correspondant of the Times, show that he accompanied a band under Voivoda and Kirtchovski, together with the poet Tavorov, and entered the village of Banitza, near Seres, where his presence was betrayed to the Turks by a Greek spy.
                            A large force was surrounded the village, and all the members of the revolutionary band were killed after a long resistance.

Last edited by Bill77; 04-05-2010, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Bij
                              • Oct 2009

I sincerely tried to read most of this thread but many parts just made me sick to my stomach, and the pics were no help so i skimmed through with one eye open and the other closed. sorry guys, i can't partake in this kind of discussion. atrocities of war make me sick

Comment

• julie
                                • May 2009

Bij, I agree with you, its terrible, something that we dont want history to be repeated.
                                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

Working...
                                X