X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
    An Albanian NGO wants to use the Badinter Principle for the selection of Presidents now...
    Why not?
    They are almost within their power to do it if they argue this issue fits into the FA:

"For laws that directly affect culture, use of language, education, personal documentation, and use of symbols, the Assembly makes decisions by a majority vote of the Representatives attending, within which there must be a majority of the votes of the Representatives attending who claim to belong to the communities not in the majority in the population of Macedonia."

I would say the President affects culture directly.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      Why not?
      They are almost within their power to do it if they argue this issue fits into the FA:

"For laws that directly affect culture, use of language, education, personal documentation, and use of symbols, the Assembly makes decisions by a majority vote of the Representatives attending, within which there must be a majority of the votes of the Representatives attending who claim to belong to the communities not in the majority in the population of Macedonia."

I would say the President affects culture directly.
      There's a lot of ball manipulation going on there.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
        There's a lot of ball manipulation going on there.
        The nature of the FA in my opinion.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

question how can one minority Albanian get constitutional gurantees as to rights,priveleges all they want is secession who is the idiot who allow that to exist .In effect eroding sovereignity. I heard that the rom govt can't send police even to police parts of tetetovo.SWE have no go zones.GThis erodes sovereignity.What would happen if the other minorities besides Albanian wantheir similar rights.Also where is the majority rule & respect off by the minorities all they want is to take Macedonia's land.Where is the enshinement in the constitution Macedonia for the Macedonians.(Macedonian citizens)What happens when Albanians don't want to be Macedonian citizens?
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

This time around we will see a real push to get an albanian elected as president both from inside and outside Macedonia.

Lets see if Macedonians will cave. We have been talking about this moment for 10 years, finally the day has come when there is a real possibility for there to be an albanian president. They used to say we were paranoid for saying such things, I wonder what they think now?

What do you guys think the chances are of the albanians unilaterally trying to elect their own president and setting up their own parallel government?

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
              What do you guys think the chances are of the albanians unilaterally trying to elect their own president and setting up their own parallel government?
              I would say about as much chance as Macedonians doing the same thing. Naturally it needs to be stated that Macedonians do not presently have their own president or government.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                Anyone could do it, I just don't think the Albanians in Macedonia are politically united enough to pull it off. They are too fractured in terms of DPA supporters on one side and DUI supporters on the other, with a few smaller parties on the periphery. That does not mean that DPA and DUI essentially have the same cause in mind in a global sense, its more of a struggle for power between two sets of elites. In addition to that, they do have very different economic ideas that further divides them.

The Albanians in Macedonia, while virtually united on their idea of Albanianism, are still divided in terms of party politics. They don't exactly have the equivalent of Rugova's Democratic League of Kosovo, which was virtually unchallenged in Kosovo during the 90's and led the Albanian state within a state. Without that kind of organisational unity, they would not be able to pull it off as only part of the Albanian community would participate in a shadow government, rendering it effectively useless.

Besides, why control only part of the Macedonian state when you can indirectly control the whole state and access much larger resources through the FA?
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• DedoAleko
                  • Jun 2009

Stevo Pendarovski candidate for president from sdsm

izvor: http://makfax.com.mk/#330280

Comment

• Niko777
                    • Oct 2010

propaganda targeting the diaspora

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Ivanov was of no consequence whatsoever.
                      He couldn't possibly be a candidate worth considering.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                        propaganda targeting the diaspora

Using the sonce and hoping we won't notice the ventilator above it. That basically sums DPMNE up - plastic patriotism. Smoke and mirrors to confuse the sheep.

Comment

• DedoAleko
                          • Jun 2009

Vankovska and Angelov hardly to reach 10,000 signatures required to run for president

izvor: http://utrinski.mk/?ItemID=577613304...C820F2EC9ED657

Comment

• Niko777
                            • Oct 2010

Vankovska and Angelov have failed to gather 10,000 signatures, they're out of the race for president

Comment

Working...
                            X