Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Constellation
    • Jul 2014

From a historical and archaeological point of view, there is some support in Skopje claims the name "Macedonia"?

Absolutely no support. The Skopjans are Slavs. But because they do not want to belong to Bulgaria, tried to create another ethnicity to differentiate themselves from Bulgarians. Since Macedonia was beside them, calling itself "Macedonians". But this is an argument completely unfounded and unhistorical.
    Wow. Now this is a startling statement to make. The statement is particularly striking for someone who is a professor and intellectual, as one would assume she would be a bit more intelligent and less xenophobic than your typical Greek.

But this is Greece we are talking about.

What a joke.

The support for the Macedonian cause is quite expansive. It ranges from historical to scientific.

This study referenced here http://macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7878 is particularly powerful, as it demonstrates a genetic link between modern Macedonians and ancient Macedonian soldiers who sired the Pathan population of antiquity.

From a historical perspective, despite what the good professor claims, the Macedonians have identified as "Macedonian" long before today's modern Greeks have identified as Macedonia.

Comment

• sydney
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Constellation View Post
      Wow. Now this is a startling statement to make. The statement is particularly striking for someone who is a professor and intellectual, as one would assume she would be a bit more intelligent and less xenophobic than your typical Greek.

But this is Greece we are talking about.

What a joke.

The support for the Macedonian cause is quite expansive. It ranges from historical to scientific.

This study referenced here http://macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7878 is particularly powerful, as it demonstrates a genetic link between modern Macedonians and ancient Macedonian soldiers who sired the Pathan population of antiquity.

From a historical perspective, despite what the good professor claims, the Macedonians have identified as "Macedonian" long before today's modern Greeks have identified as Macedonia.
      She sounds like the typical Greek parrot. And of course because she is digging with her little trowel it must mean she has direct lineage to the ancients.

Comment

• Constellation
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by sydney View Post
        She sounds like the typical Greek parrot. And of course because she is digging with her little trowel it must mean she has direct lineage to the ancients.
        The arrogance of Greeks! The nerve of this woman to call us "Skopjans", "Slavs," and closet "Bulgarians"!

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
          • Jul 2012

She should go and dig up some dupki in Turkey and look for her dead ancestors

Comment

• Nikolaj
            • Aug 2014

From a historical and archaeological point of view, there is some support in Skopje claims the name "Macedonia"?

Absolutely no support. The Skopjans are Slavs. But because they do not want to belong to Bulgaria, tried to create another ethnicity to differentiate themselves from Bulgarians. Since Macedonia was beside them, calling itself "Macedonians". But this is an argument completely unfounded and unhistorical.
            God this was painful to read but hey, I don't remember who disagreed with me but I was right that they'd be using this archeological finding for political reasons.

But on a serious note, she said absolutely not support, O' really?

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
            She should go and dig up some dupki in Turkey and look for her dead ancestors

Comment

• Stojacanec
              • Dec 2009

And we are negotiating with morons like this?

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
                And we are negotiating with morons like this?

lol...I think you are setting the bar high by thinking that you actually negotiate with Greece.

In other news widespread media reports in Greece again by Dr.King and a Cypriot prof. who both claim that the skeleton belongs to Hephaestion.Currently this is what is receiving the most publicity in Greece as a hypothesis.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                  is there any pictures of the remains?
                  I dont think they have released any pictures from the skeleton.Last I heard the bones are guarded at the Amphipolis museum and are supposed to be examined by a team of experts from the Thessaloniki University.I believe they are to transfer them to Thessaloniki soon.

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post
                    lol...I think you are setting the bar high by thinking that you actually negotiate with Greece.

In other news widespread media reports in Greece again by Dr.King and a Cypriot prof. who both claim that the skeleton belongs to Hephaestion.Currently this is what is receiving the most publicity in Greece as a hypothesis.
                    Southern Nuisance
                    That would be lowering the bar, not setting it! Regardless, there is no negotiation, just several million dillusionists thinking they own everything.... including the 12 apostles in Australia....hahahahahahahaha!
                    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

my sentiments exactly all findings are scrutinized for the miliage of propaganda purposes.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                        million dillusionists thinking they own everything....
                        The problem with the Greeks is their sense of entitlement.This is what drives them to dehumanise Macedonians and allows mainstreaming of terms like ''skopians'' etc in Greece.

Comment

• SoutherNeighbour
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          my sentiments exactly all findings are scrutinized for the miliage of propaganda purposes.

Spot on.Its obvious that the bs Samaras government is turning this into a reality show.If you poll ordinary Greeks I am pretty sure most will say that the Amphipolis tomb is Alexander's last resting place.With the help of the media the bs Samaras administration has turned this serious discovery into a circus.

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post
                            The problem with the Greeks is their sense of entitlement.This is what drives them to dehumanise Macedonians and allows mainstreaming of terms like ''skopians'' etc in Greece.
                            Southern Neighbour
                            They've been trying to do it for over a hundred years now, and failed, we're still here, we're still Macedonians! Sticks & stones can break our bones...names will never hurt us! Come to think of it even if they used sticks and stones they'd still fail!
                            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Amphipolis
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                              Amphi is there any pictures of the remains?

Was the body found in a wooden coffin? I cant recall where I read it, I find it hard to believe that after all the effort that was put into the stone tomb the final room would hold a simple wooden coffin.

What materials where found in the coffin, what cloths did the body have on?
                              No pictures yet of the remains. I'm sure they will be published in the future, both a skeleton laid in laboratory and also the parts as gradually discovered in soil. All excavations are continuously photographed and filmed not for promotional reasons or as a souvenir. This is just the standard practice. The publication will have full details on where each bone was found.

The correct term is rather wooden burial bed (not coffin), not necessarily a simple one. This could be an expensive and artful sarcophagus.

I'm not sure anything remains of clothes or wood, just traces and pieces. There's a picture (a couple of pages above) of wooden, glass and ivory remains. That's not the only problem. The grave itself was from poor, off-hand lime stones when everything in the antechamber is from marble!! So, the ideas that this is something earlier, later or irrelevant certainly have to be examined. The last option (irrelevant) is -I guess- already excluded as the grave seems strange, yet embodied in the architecture of the Tomb.

Comment

• Redsun
                                • Jul 2013

Thanks for the quick answer SN,

I'm disappointed with myself I expected much more, I thought the archeologist would treat the site like a crime scene and take as many pictures as possible before moving anything. What a silly thought.

What is the aim of the test, they cannot tell who exactly was buried there.

Why were the bones in pieces? Why isn't their any mention of clothing?

Comment

Working...
                                X