X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

So why was he allowed in Macedonia?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

A former Kosovo prime minister, Agim Ceku, has been arrested in Bulgaria on an international warrant issued by Serbia for alleged war crimes.

The Bulgarian interior ministry said Mr Ceku was detained as he crossed the border from Macedonia and a court would consider his case in the next few days.

Serbia accuses Mr Ceku of committing war crimes in 1998-99.

At the time he was commander of the ethnic-Albanian Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA), which was fighting Serbia.

He has dismissed the charges as politically motivated, and says the arrest warrant has no legal basis.

He was arrested at the Qustendil border crossing between Bulgaria and Macedonia on Tuesday evening.

Last month Mr Ceku was expelled from Colombia, after Serbia urged his arrest, but later he transited France en route to the Balkans.

He had previously been detained in 2006 in Slovenia and Hungary.

Kosovo declared independence in February 2008. Ethnic Albanians form the overwhelming majority of the population.

The US and more than 50 other countries have recognised its independence, but more than 100 have not, including Serbia and Russia.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Skopje. According to Macedonia’s Ministry of Interior, it was easy for Agim Ceku to cross the border, because the transcription of his name and surname in the personal documents differs from his names in the passport, according to which he has been wanted since 2002 and the system did not recognize him, Macedonian Vest newspaper reads.
    Before being arrested in Bulgaria, Agim Ceku, former Prime Minister of Kosovo, crossed the Macedonian border without any problem. The Ministry of Interior announces that Agim Ceku entered Macedonia without being found, because of differences in the way of writing.
    On the border checkpoint there is a computer system, which reads the foreign personal information of foreigners, who enters Macedonia. If a computer alarms about a person that Interpol searches, the system immediately locks. Even if a policeman wants to let the person go, he must inform the respective authorities because the next person, who waits, won’t be allowed to cross the border.
    It is most likely that Agim Ceku has crossed the border here by new passport so nobody recognized him, spokesperson of the Macedonian Ministry of Interior Ivo Kotevski said.
    Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

I note Ceku was invited to Bulgaria by the Atlantic club.

A certain Dr Ivanov was/is chairman.

He wrote BULGARIAN POLICIES ON THE REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA

EXTRACT:
      Bulgaria recently made two particularly important steps in this direction, which marked the end of one and the beginning of another stage in its bilateral relations with the Republic of Macedonia.

The first step was made in 2006 by Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov and Foreign Minister Ivaylo Kalfin who unequivocally warned Skopje that the credit of unconditional support originally extended to the Republic of Macedonia for its European Union and NATO membership has been expended, and that future Bulgarian support would depend on the willingness and success of the Republic of Macedonia in adopting and pursuing a policy of good neighbourly relations.

The second major step was made during the visit of US President George W. Bush to Sofia in 2007, when both President Parvanov and Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev advised him of the failure of the Republic of Macedonia to follow a good neighbour policy.
      Read more of this hateful organisation on the link above.

I don't think Macedonia could have a bigger enemy than this NGO.

And Ceku is allowed to go there with (apparent) love from Macedonia.
      Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
      X