X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska
    I speak English too, does that make me English?
    According to Karaman and Vlakoyan, you are a descendant of Anne Boleyn
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Jankovska
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      According to Karaman and Vlakoyan, you are a descendant of Anne Boleyn
      Their arguments are quite funny really

Comment

• NikodimMKD
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Agreed, it is like saying a Slavic Albanian, who could be either an ethnic Macedonian, ethnic Montenegrin or ethnic Serb from Albania.

There is only one reason they do this, and that is Greece. I would never accept such a term, where in this day and age it only serves to reduce the unique significance of the ethnic Macedonian, no Macedonian would.
        I never knew Slavic Albanians existed. What characteristics would define a Slavic Albanian?

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by NikodimMKD View Post
          I never knew Slavic Albanians existed. What characteristics would define a Slavic Albanian?
          Allow me to respond.
          You never knew Slavic Albanians existed because the media does not try to use a similar analogy with minorities who speak a slavic derived language in Albania. This merely highlights the stupidity of the approach taken with ethnic Macedonians in Macedonia. Thanks for helping us clarify this matter for you.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            I keep reading this term used by Western media for ethnic Macedonians. As much as it angers me, it also confuses me. Especially when it attempts to describe ethnic Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia.

What purpose does it serve? There is only one ethnic Macedonian group and yet there are quite a few Slavic Macedonians. If we are to subscribe to this moniker, then the confusion would rest quite heavily on the many slavic speaking ethnicities in Macedonia. We could be describing citizens of Macedonia who are ethnically Macedonians, Serbs, Bulgars, Croatians, Torbeshi etc. when we say "Slav Macedonians".

Yet Albanians are afforded simple descriptors like Albanians (shock, horror). Does it really have to be this hard for ethnic Macedonians?

A slavic Macedonian can be one of a number of ethnicities and many journalists are either too ignorant to understand this or have a systematic policy of undermining the Macedonian ethnicity and identity. Either way, they are not helping their reader in any way whatsoever. Enough is enough.
            Over the last century we have been seeing the "Slavicization" of the ethnic Macedonians.

This 'naming' of the Macedonians needs to be put into its proper historical context. We know there were various colonial terms used to describe the Macedonians - the purpose of these colorful names was to deny the struggles, the grievances and wishes of the Macedonians. So they were deliberately omitted, and misrepresented by the West. One term commonly in use was 'Slav' - despite it not being an ethnic terms, or a nationality - its use is widespread, and has been used by Europe to differentiate the New Hellenes, from the rest of the rabble. To use the words of Edward Said - the effect of this kind of colonial language is to reduce the natives to the status of a coolie class.

Comment

• King Makedon
              • Apr 2009

Nope, just we are called as macedonian slavs, while the others are mentioned as serbs or vlachs and of course albanians and roma(gypsies) and turks.
              So in this case we are not classified for them. what a shame while i see in my German Atlas (and i guess also in other western atlases aswell) we are mentioned there as macedonia and macedonians. So the question is can't they read what is written from an official atlas? or do they intend to mislead their people and the world?
              Last edited by King Makedon; 08-07-2009, 01:35 AM.
              ]
              The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
              [/SIZE]

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

I do not like the term 'Slav' or its use. It is not an ethnic group, it is not a nation - it is from a strictly scientific point of view a term that describes a language.

These attempts to reduce the Macedonian ethnic group, by singling out its language as a key identifier, is part of a wider agenda to suggest that there are Other kinds of 'Macedonian'.

I don't like it. I don't like the way it is used by some Macedonian historians, to make a point that 'Greece' was a mixed place. If you are going to use the term, use it correctly and say 'Slavic speakers', but be careful not to take anything away from the Macedonian ethnic group when doing it.

Comment

• ZAS
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                  I do not like the term 'Slav' or its use. It is not an ethnic group, it is not a nation - it is from a strictly scientific point of view a term that describes a language.

These attempts to reduce the Macedonian ethnic group, by singling out its language as a key identifier, is part of a wider agenda to suggest that there are Other kinds of 'Macedonian'.

I don't like it. I don't like the way it is used by some Macedonian historians, to make a point that 'Greece' was a mixed place. If you are going to use the term, use it correctly and say 'Slavic speakers', but be careful not to take anything away from the Macedonian ethnic group when doing it.
                  This is my point, the STEFOVSKI and their teachers, always refer to the Macedonians in Agejska as SLAVIC speakers, but never Macedonian speakers, WHY is this so?
                  Are they in denial that ALL these so called Slav languages started from Macedonia and travelled North.
                  But they continue with the TITO era NONESENSE that we came from the Carpatite and have nothing with the ancient Macedonians.
                  And the sooner we refer to KIRILIC script as simply the Macedonian Script the better, after all it is OURS.

Comment

• NikodimMKD
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2009

I think the consensus of anthropoligists and linguists in the world differ with your opinion that the Slavic language started in Macedonia. From what I have read the general consensus of the migration of Slavic tribes began from northern and eastern Europe (Ural Mountains).

I personally do not have a problem with this at all. In Europe you have Germanic races, Latin races, Turkic races, and Slavic races. At least from a cultural point of view, this is what we have as a general categorizization.

In Brazil for example, we speak Portugese and many Brazilians are of Portugese decent, but we also have Italian, Spanish, German, and indigenous peoples that all make up Brazil.

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

I think the consensus of anthropoligists and linguists in the world differ with your opinion that the Slavic language started in Macedonia. From what I have read the general consensus of the migration of Slavic tribes began from northern and eastern Europe (Ural Mountains).

I personally do not have a problem with this at all. In Europe you have Germanic races, Latin races, Turkic races, and Slavic races. At least from a cultural point of view, this is what we have as a general categorizization.

In Brazil for example, we speak Portugese and many Brazilians are of Portugese decent, but we also have Italian, Spanish, German, and indigenous peoples that all make up Brazil.
                      You forgot a very important factor in Brazil's ethnic make up and that is the million and millions of people of African decent, how come? Did you just ignore or you simply is not that Brazilian my dear friend?
                      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

From what I have read the general consensus of the migration of Slavic tribes began from northern and eastern Europe (Ural Mountains).
                        From the Ural Mountains, really? Can you point me to reference point that explains what this theory is based on?
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• ZAS
                          • May 2009

My opinion is for you to ODI MOCHAY,
                          Ebi vetar niz eden.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Is everyone having fun here?
                            Read the first post and comment, some of this conversation has degraded this thread. Nikodim, your time is about to run out here. Enjoy it while it lasts.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Sovius
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              I keep reading this term used by Western media for ethnic Macedonians. As much as it angers me, it also confuses me. Especially when it attempts to describe ethnic Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia.

What purpose does it serve? There is only one ethnic Macedonian group and yet there are quite a few Slavic Macedonians. If we are to subscribe to this moniker, then the confusion would rest quite heavily on the many slavic speaking ethnicities in Macedonia. We could be describing citizens of Macedonia who are ethnically Macedonians, Serbs, Bulgars, Croatians, Torbeshi etc. when we say "Slav Macedonians".

Yet Albanians are afforded simple descriptors like Albanians (shock, horror). Does it really have to be this hard for ethnic Macedonians?

A slavic Macedonian can be one of a number of ethnicities and many journalists are either too ignorant to understand this or have a systematic policy of undermining the Macedonian ethnicity and identity. Either way, they are not helping their reader in any way whatsoever. Enough is enough.
                              Slav is a term that was born out of intolerance and a term that continues to be used to perpetuate it. If a presupposed semantic ambiguity is what’s kept it alive all this time, then only a thorough and objective disambiguation will effectively counter the conventional misuse of the word.

Shoot the cause through the heart and the effects will eventually follow suit.

Comment

• ZAS
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by Sovius View Post
                                Slav is a term that was born out of intolerance and a term that continues to be used to perpetuate it. If a presupposed semantic ambiguity is what’s kept it alive all this time, then only a thorough and objective disambiguation will effectively counter the conventional misuse of the word.

Shoot the cause through the heart and the effects will eventually follow suit.
                                The cause is a well organized SLAVIC CORPORATION, founded in Melbourne, by a dubious Macedonian Intelect group, which has since spread world wide.
                                The MAIN financial backer seems to be a very powerfull Canadian buisness man that was in conjoined with the SLAVIC Hard-Liner Tupurkovski.
                                I think that shooting all these ovci will require too much BLOOD-SHED.
                                We have to teach these FOOLS that their SICK DELUDED MASTERS have led them to the cliff-edge and are now asking the OVCI to JUMP!

Comment

Working...
                                X