Greeces Macedonian Slavic heritage was wiped out by linguistic oppression, heres how

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphipolis
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Which parts are laughable? These are facts. You wouldn't know. Ask Macedonians who were there.
    The sentence before the last one is laughable.

The last sentence is interesting (in terms of inaccuracy) as it intends to estimate the extent of these measures. Yet, we're not sure where this number comes from. That's what probably Wikipedia users would ask for.

Here's two websites on the topic (automatically translated), very extended and full of documents.

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

• Niko777
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
      The sentence before the last one is laughable.
      Police patrolling Macedonian villages at night, you think this is laughable and inaccurate? Police were always patrolling our villages, eavesdropping and spying, keeping track of who entered and who was leaving certain areas, looking for any activity related to VMRO bands, communists, and also punishing anyone who spoke Macedonian.

Comment

• Amphipolis
        Banned
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
        Police patrolling Macedonian villages at night, you think this is laughable and inaccurate? Police were always patrolling our villages, eavesdropping and spying, keeping track of who entered and who was leaving certain areas, looking for any activity related to VMRO bands, communists, and also punishing anyone who spoke Macedonian.
        Eavesdropping to hear what language you speak at home is the rather laughable and kafkaesque part that always appears in your narrative.

As you can see in the links I gave, the problem is not testimonies or anecdotes or contradictions, history books are full of them. What’s usually difficult (if not impossible) is to have a fair general picture of the issue (any issue).

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Eavesdropping to hear what language you speak at home is the rather laughable and kafkaesque part that always appears in your narrative.

As you can see in the links I gave, the problem is not testimonies or anecdotes or contradictions, history books are full of them. What’s usually difficult (if not impossible) is to have a fair general picture of the issue (any issue).
          You didn't even know about your church's agenda of denying Macedonians their names which have been part of their families for over 1000 years.

You don't know about the eavesdropping and you deny any and all injustices against Macedonians at the hands of Greeks.

Your purpose here is simply to spread your version of Greek propaganda on this forum and to diminish and deny the Macedonian identity and the legitimate grievances we, as a persecuted minority, of modern Greece have endured since Greek occupation.

I see no reason for you here whatsoever.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Karposh
            • Aug 2015

Amphipolis, I'm really trying hard to understand what it is about this particular personal anecdote from the past (regarding the eavesdropping) that you seem to be scoffing at as being simply too ridiculous to be true. You go on to say that it's not a question of testimonies or anecdotes (because there are plenty of such testimonies and anecdotes I imagine) but a question of "having a fair general picture of the issue". If you can find anything fair about what the Greeks have done to the Macedonians over the past century, in a general picture kind of way, please share your thoughts with us. The eavesdropping was real and the testimonies exist, as you yourself seem to admit (abeit in a roundabout kind of way). I didn't start this eavesdropping thing - the article's author did. I merely reiterated his account of those times. If you feel that strongly about it then I suggest you perhaps direct your protests for this gross distortion of Greek history to him personally. I think he left a forwarding email address for you to voice your grievances. RtG's already emailed him but his beef with him was regarding something else altogether.

BTW, I'll quote the part where he mentions the eavesdropping one more time to make it clear that I didn't start this:

People caught speaking Macedonian Slavic – sometimes by police officers eavesdropping through people’s windows – were dragged to military police stations where they were beaten and sometimes tortured. Those who had the money were fined. Teachers beat pupils who spoke Macedonian Slavic in class or in the playground – even when that was the only language they were able to speak. This happened to my maternal grandmother.

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

This Amphipolis character is a first class racist arsehole...what he does here is the modern/digital equivalent of the widespread eavesdropping campaigns orchestrated by successive greek regimes against the indigenous Macedonian population since the annexation of their lands.

This guy is just a little more than your average retarded and deluded greek foot-soldier, peddling the usual racist vitriol on constant rotation until its mind numbing stupidity finally renders all debate unintelligible.

My guess is that he is paid to be here or is motivated by other obsequious behaviours, just like all of those cunts that worked as agents for the greek regime before him, the lowest of the low, the scum of humanity.

I'm convinced that there are specially reserved places in hell awaiting all of those pricks...

Comment

• Amphipolis
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                Amphipolis, I'm really trying hard to understand what it is about this particular personal anecdote from the past (regarding the eavesdropping) that you seem to be scoffing at as being simply too ridiculous to be true. You go on to say that it's not a question of testimonies or anecdotes (because there are plenty of such testimonies and anecdotes I imagine) but a question of "having a fair general picture of the issue". If you can find anything fair about what the Greeks have done to the Macedonians over the past century, in a general picture kind of way, please share your thoughts with us. The eavesdropping was real and the testimonies exist, as you yourself seem to admit (abeit in a roundabout kind of way). I didn't start this eavesdropping thing - the article's author did. I merely reiterated his account of those times. If you feel that strongly about it then I suggest you perhaps direct your protests for this gross distortion of Greek history to him personally. I think he left a forwarding email address for you to voice your grievances. RtG's already emailed him but his beef with him was regarding something else altogether.

BTW, I'll quote the part where he mentions the eavesdropping one more time to make it clear that I didn't start this:
                On the contrary, I believe a ridiculous story CAN be true. Even the most unbelievable story can be true. Yet, it may not paint the generic picture of the situation. I didn’t suggest you (personally) invented the story, I just have often read this in the forum. The first link I gave can help finding the source.

The text seems to be a wide selection from Tasos Kostopoulos (Rainbow Party prominent figure) book called The Forbidden Language. This story is included as follows (google translation):

“It does not require much imagination to see the impact of these measures on people's everyday lives. The oral tradition of Greek Macedonia is full of grotesque stories about gendarmes who were stalking under the windows of homes to trace - and punish - domestic slavophony or villagers hunted because they gave orders to their animals in the wrong language.” [22]

Footnote 22 says:

For some cases of recording such anecdotal narratives, see

Yiaggiorgos 1993, p60,
                Danforth 1995 p72,
                Achilleas Papaioannou: “The history of my village (Kalevisia-Kali Vrysi) unpublished draft (1963-70),
                Eric Siesby, The Slav Macedonians in Greece, Copenhagen 1993, p13,
                Riki Van Boeschoten, "The political dimension of switching languages", Intern. Conference "Contact & Conflict", Brussels 28-31/5/97, p6,
                Kostopoulos-Lithoxoou-Empeirikos 1992, p23

Yet the text also investigates several matters and clarifies that there was no relevant law, only special police orders and these orders referred only in speaking in public (not domestically); it also investigates the extent and results of these measures (which areas and which periods), the way the measures were practically applied etc.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                  This Amphipolis character is a first class racist arsehole...what he does here is the modern/digital equivalent of the widespread eavesdropping campaigns orchestrated by successive greek regimes against the indigenous Macedonian population since the annexation of their lands.

This guy is just a little more than your average retarded and deluded greek foot-soldier, peddling the usual racist vitriol on constant rotation until its mind numbing stupidity finally renders all debate unintelligible.

My guess is that he is paid to be here or is motivated by other obsequious behaviours, just like all of those cunts that worked as agents for the greek regime before him, the lowest of the low, the scum of humanity.

I'm convinced that there are specially reserved places in hell awaiting all of those pricks...
                  LOL, why is there something bizarre with my posts? (I mean comparing to the posts of the other users).

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Carlin, I have quoted your post here from the other thread: http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...016#post174016

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                    This is on Karatsareas' Twitter -
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                    X