X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goce Homer MakeDonski
    • Feb 2016

Slovo -Jesus epithet

Lets talk about religious terms once more.
    Instead of ourselves questioning what does Slovo means or used to meant ,we will make this way .
    Who is Slovo ?
    At this way ,I doubt there's no Right Faith full (so called Orthodox ) priest what could not provide the answer .
    Slovo is Jesus ,because Jesus is the Word
    And because in the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God
    or translated Bog + Slovo = Bogoslovija
  • Goce Homer MakeDonski
    • Feb 2016

and here we are :

What is Slavic ?

Slavs as term developed from term Slovo .
    What is Slovo ?

Lets see what do we have explained until today ?
    "Slav (n.)
    late 14c., Sclave, from Medieval Latin Sclavus (c.800), from Byzantine Greek Sklabos (c.580), from Old Church Slavonic Sloveninu "a Slav," probably related to slovo "word, speech," which suggests the name originally identified a member of a speech community (compare Old Church Slavonic Nemici "Germans," related to nemu "dumb;" Greek heterophonos "foreign," literally "of different voice;" and Old English ţeode, which meant both "race" and "language").
    Identical with the -slav in personal names (such as Russian Miroslav, literally "peaceful fame;" Mstislav "vengeful fame;" Jaroslav "famed for fury;" Czech Bohuslav "God's glory;" and see Wenceslas). Spelled Slave c. 1788-1866, influenced by French and German Slave. As an adjective from 1876..." 1

What do we have here?
    They are two different terms ,and they are :

1. Sclave

2. Slovenine

It is a huge differences between these two therms
    First term is from Latin and to us is strange and unfamiliar.
    Sclave became root for words
    Slave at English ,
    Sklaven Germanic
    Sklabos on Arabic not at Greek as it written
    Sclave at Romanian
    Sclave at Greek
    Historically appeared and stuck over our places when Macedonia had been enslaved from Rome. Macedonians become slaves from 168 B.C.
    From here we have Sclavinias .
    Term Sclaviniae been in used not only for Macedonia but elsewhere as well.

"Sclavinias" are mentioned east of the Rhine and in north Germany and Hungary, as they are also mentioned in Spain, Asia Minor or North Africa. This multi purpose Latin-coined administrative term was regularly used for particular area or group of areas: "Ecclesia Sclavonić" included Bosnia and Dalmatia, "S(c)lavonia" in today's Croatia, "Sklavinska" (today renamed Dublinska) in Poland, "Macedonian Sclavinić", etc. Even the so-called Germania, until, and long after the foundation of the Holy Empire by Franks and Charlemagne around AD 800. on the maps was "Sclavania"...2

Enclaves ,and enslaved are today's preserved and in use terms at English .

Second term is Slovenin .
    While Sclave is alien, term Slovenine is our languages ones

Slovenin is term made from pronoun and suffix .
    Slove + nin

Pronoun is Slove or Slovo and nin is suffix.
    Nin as suffix describe belonging .
    Both are our's languages terms with we are familiar with.
    Nin mean theirs or belong to some specific group .

Our languages example are
    Rim+Nin -Rim (ja) nin
    Solun + nin Solun(ja)NIN

At English parallel is with suffix N IA N , then an

Roma + Nian =Romanian
    Roma + an = Roman

Slovo + Nin
    Slovenin
    Slavyanin in origin
    So the ones belong to Slovo ,or following the Slovo is Slovenine or Slavyanin sing. and Slavyani pl.

And what does word Slovo standing for ?

Lets read Gospel by John 1,1, and Biblical New Testimony explanations

biblehub.com The Beginning
    "1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2He was in the beginning with God "3

Jesus shell be the answer

Slovo is Jesus epithet

God + The Word
    Bog + Slovo
    Theos + Logos

knowing that all around us were people what accepted Christianity from Macedonia ,they became latest Slovo followers or Slavyani
    Lately when Church split at two half's therm
    "Prvo slavni" or Pravo Slavni the Right Faith full ones took its place for Eastern Church members description ,translated as Orthodox because of some reasons

2. Vasil Culev "The invention of the "Slavic" fairytale", Skopje 2014
    3. New Testament

links:
    http://etymonline.com/index.php?...

The invention of the "Slavic" fairytale
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Last edited by Goce Homer MakeDonski; 02-16-2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
      • Feb 2016

And it is simple as that :
      Since Macedonia become the Cradle of Slovo and Macedonians come into being Slovo followers it were them what started to spare Slovo worldwide .
      Firstly between Bulgarians Khans and theirs First Bulgarian Empire , then between Moravian's,Lately Russians accepted Slovo and become slavicised i.e. Christianized.
      Everything else is so called Slavic migrated created theory.

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
        • Feb 2016

Back to the question
        What is Slovo ?

To answer this question we need not to forget that all world religion have a man at its focus. Christianity as well .
        It is all made for the man .
        Heaven, paradise , 10 commandments , Hell ...

So here we go .
        Man in our churches is spell as
        Chelovek ,
        We will make one only letter transformation at this word .
        that is ch->S shifting .
        Lets see :

Ch e l o v e k

ch->s

S e l o v e k*

S L V K

and here we read :

S Lo V o K

Slovo - K
        The Word

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
          • Feb 2016

Such a powerful is this Bog+ Slovo concept.

Question is who is Slovo ?
          Answer is Jesus

What is Slovo ?
          Answer is Man

What Jesus had done ?
          He has take a man looking form and become Bogochovek God + Man

Such a powerful concept it is .
          If we confirmed that according to the Bible Jesus been lately named as Christ , we could say that he is named as the Word or Slovo from the very Beginning .
          Spearing the Slovo worldwide is from Salonica and Ohrid firstly at thee East to pepole named as Bulgarians at theirs First Kingdom , than at the West trough Great Moravia , and finally at the North when Russians adopted Christianity and become a Slovo followers .

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
            • Feb 2016

What about enter that root of the word Logos could be at
            Macedonian word what does standing for syllables.
            That word is slogovi.
            And as we can see when analyze we have following situation:
            syllable = slog
            syllable +syllable= syllables
            or translated
            slog +slog =slogovi
            When we would like to express our selves using interpretatio graecia methodology,we will add suffix" os "at existing words end.
            In this case we are adding at this way:
            Slog+os = Slogos*
            After first letter cutting ,what is very usual access .we are facing
            Greek word for The Word and that is Logos .
            Slog
            Slogos*
            Logos

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
              • Feb 2016

So we could have situation that Maced. word standing for syllable has started been used as neologism in Greek language ,at the same or similar way as Macedon word standing for soul will began to used for expressing of Latin tittle for God .

That`s word Deus .
              Or from Dusa to Deusa to Deus
              Lately from Deus to Theos we have one letter change only
              d-> t
              Deus
              Theos

What is strange at that
              Theos + Logos concept is that something huge missing
              and that access of
              Deus+ Verbum ...

Comment

• Karposh
                • Aug 2015

Goce makes an interesting point of view on the origins and etymology of the word “Slav”. However, I think the simplest explanation is very often the correct one. I think most will agree there’s no way it derives from the Latin “Sclave”, the root word for the modern English word of “Slave”. Just because the two words are similar sounding does not mean they are in any way historically connected with the term “Slav”. I read on another web site an opinion that one person shared in regards to this ridiculous theory, which I completely agree with, where he says “That’s as ludicrous as stating that Germans are so called as a result of being full of germs”. It’s a stupid thing to say we will all agree but, then again, so is the statement that Sclave = Slave = Slav.

As Goce said, “Slovo” means “Word” in English. So, in its more literal sense, “Sloveni” simply means “people who speak the same words”. In St’s Kiril and Metodi’s time, as far as the “Sloveni” were concerned, if you spoke the same words as they did and they could understand you then you were a Sloven – a person who speaks the same words.

The way I look at it, most of the Balkan Peninsular back then spoke Macedonian but not all considered themselves as such so the word “Sloveni” was coined. It is not an ethnic descriptor but a linguistic term – “People who speak the same words”. It’s also worth noting that the newly-arrived Bulgars from central Asia had not yet been assimilated and were still speaking their own brand of Turkish language at the time in far eastern Thrace. The only other people, which lived on the fringes of this vast expanse of territory and spoke a different language, were the Germans. And, the Sloveni had a special word to describe these incompressible people whose tongue they could not understand, “Nemtsi”. This word is still used to this very day by some Slavic-speaking countries as an ethnic descriptor of Germans.

The literal meaning of “Nemtsi” in Macedonian is “The Mutes”. However, in the context it was intended back in the middle ages, it simply meant “people we don’t understand or comprehend”. So, the Nemtsi were “people who don’t speak our words”, a name given them by the “people who speak the same words”, the Sloveni.

The word Nemtsi is not unlike the Greek word of ancient times, “Barbarian”. It was used by ancient Greeks to describe any foreigner who did not share a Greek culture or language. The word was coined by imitating the incomprehensible sounds of a foreign language i.e. “bar-bar”. The only difference between the words Barbarian and Nemtsi today is that the word “Nemtsi” is used exclusively to describe the Germans only, while the term “Barbarian” in today’s language has come to mean uncivilized and brutish individuals or groups of people.

The Slavic speaking peoples of the world have two words that are equivalent to the English word Slavs - “Sloveni” and “Slavjani”. I read up on some of the literature available on these two words, Slavjani and Sloveni, and it would seem that Sloveni is the older of the two in terms of being a descriptor for people of Europe who share linguistic ties. However, even if we take them as interchangeable words, which they often are, they are still similar in meaning.

There are other theories on the origin of these words. I gave you mine for Sloveni - “people who speak the same words”. Goce gave you his – “followers of the “Word”, personified by Jesus. Who can say which is right? Both sound plausible. People of the middle ages were indeed followers of Jesus, in its truest sense. Their whole world revolved around their Christian faith. And they distinguished themselves as the saved Christian souls from the damned by being the followers of the true faith – The Pravoslavni, i.e. Slavjani in short or Sloveni i.e. followers of the Word (Gospel/Jesus). I have put together an etymological summary of some of the theories surrounding these two words – Sloveni and Slavjani.

Sloveni
                • From a linguistic point of view, Sloveni simply means “people who speak our words” or “people who speak the same words”
                • From a religious point of view, Sloveni could just as well mean “people of the Word” or “people who have accepted the Word”. The “Word” or “Slovo”, of course, being the teachings of the gospel i.e. Followers of the Word, personified by Jesus.

Slavjani
                • From “Slava”, meaning Glory and Fame. So, Slavjani are glorious and famous people. And what other people is there in this world that is more glorious, more famous and more celebrated than the famous Ancient Macedonians, who conquered the whole world with an army of 30,000 fellow countrymen (not including the other Balkan contingents).
                • There is also the religious explanation of the word Slavjani. It may be that the word Slavjani is derived from the word “Pravoslavni”, meaning the true believers or believers of the true faith. And, as is the tendency with Macedonians to shorten words, Pravoslavni could well have become simply Slavni or Slavjani.

My personal opinion is that there is possibly some truth in all of the above to explain the origins of the Slav term. Many Macedonian Christian names have their roots in the Christian Orthodox Church from the Middle Ages and earlier. Take for example the name Radomir, made famous by Tsar Samuil’s eldest son. Radomir, which is often shortened to Rade these days, can be etymologised as Rado-Mir, from the two Macedonian words “Radost”, meaning joy and “Mir”, meaning peace. In other words, Radomir, if taken literally, means “He who finds joy in peace”. These are post pagan names and might go some way in explaining why Macedonians today are commonly named Blazhe (Blessed), Tihomir (Quite Peace), Svetomir (A Saint of Peace), Slave (Glorious One), Dragan or Dragi (My Dearest One), Vladoslav (Glorious Ruler), etc.

So, the ancient names such as “The Protector of Men” and “Lover of Horses” have been replaced by more Christian sounding names. However, that is not to deny that Alexander and Philip have a lasting legacy amongst the Slavic peoples. If we take the name Aleksandar as an example and all its associated derivatives (Alex, Ace, Alexei, Cane, Sandre, Sasha/Sasho, etc) you will find that it is one of the most popular names amongst the Slavic peoples (especially in Russia & Ukraine). And that is just the Christian names. If you add the Surnames Aleksandrov/off/ski/ich, it almost seems like a cult following that surrounds this name. Filip/Filipov/Filipovski is also a popular name as is Tole (from Ptolemy?) and Gane (from Antigon Gonatas?).

Interestingly, speaking of “people who speak the same words”, I remember reading a book about Macedonia, where the author offered his view of the events that took place in Macedonia in the aftermath of the Roman conquest. Most people are aware that the Romans made sure that Macedonia would never rise up again to challenge Rome’s authority and, besides dividing her territory into four separate cantons where contact between them was banned, they also took as hostages or slaves the sons of many Macedonian nobles. However, the author went on to explain that many Macedonians, including much of the aristocracy fled Macedonia before the Romans could get to them. What was interesting to read was that they did not flee to the south to escape the Romans but “headed north where there was always a mutual understanding between the Macedonians and the peoples of the north”. Was he perhaps referring to the “Sloveni” here, the people who speak the same words”? Is it any wonder why the name Aleksandar is so prevalent in Russia and Ukraine today?

Comment

• Philosopher
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                  Interestingly, speaking of “people who speak the same words”, I remember reading a book about Macedonia, where the author offered his view of the events that took place in Macedonia in the aftermath of the Roman conquest. Most people are aware that the Romans made sure that Macedonia would never rise up again to challenge Rome’s authority and, besides dividing her territory into four separate cantons where contact between them was banned, they also took as hostages or slaves the sons of many Macedonian nobles. However, the author went on to explain that many Macedonians, including much of the aristocracy fled Macedonia before the Romans could get to them. What was interesting to read was that they did not flee to the south to escape the Romans but “headed north where there was always a mutual understanding between the Macedonians and the peoples of the north”. Was he perhaps referring to the “Sloveni” here, the people who speak the same words”? Is it any wonder why the name Aleksandar is so prevalent in Russia and Ukraine today?
                  Do you have a citation for this Karposh?

Comment

• Karposh
                    • Aug 2015

No, unfortunately I don't. I usually know better than to state something without backing it up with a reference but I couldn't resist. That's going to be my homework for the Easter long weekend - To find that quote.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

No, unfortunately I don't. I usually know better than to state something without backing it up with a reference but I couldn't resist. That's going to be my homework for the Easter long weekend - To find that quote.
                      It sounds like Risto Stefov to me, not necessarily meaning that he invented it, but maybe you have to see his sources.

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                        • Feb 2016

Thank you Karposh
                        However, I think the simplest explanation is very often the correct one.
                        That's probably always at live we are living .One simple ,one common one whatever is everyday under our noses thing providing the answer we are looking at .

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                          • Feb 2016

So, in its more literal sense, “Sloveni” simply means “people who speak the same words”.

The way I look at it, most of the Balkan Peninsular back then spoke Macedonian but not all considered themselves as such so the word “Sloveni” was coined.

Sloveni
                          • From a linguistic point of view, Sloveni simply means “people who speak our words” or “people who speak the same words”
                          • From a religious point of view, Sloveni could just as well mean “people of the Word” or “people who have accepted the Word”. The “Word” or “Slovo”, of course, being the teachings of the gospel i.e. Followers of the Word, personified by Jesus.
                          From religious angle of view observing we could have different explanations for everything written over this Slavs means people theory.

If we reread Pannonian Legends for one more time :

"Then Emperor Michael said to Constantine the Philosopher: “Can you hear, philosopher, what they are saying? No one else can do it but you. Lo and behold, here are ample gifts, take your brother, Abbot Methodius, and go. Since you are from Thessaloniki and all the Thessaloniki people can speak pure Slavonic.”...1

And if we read word "Slavonic" as Slavyanskoga what actually could be guessed original .
                          That word can be read as Slovya either with added - suffixes sko ga either can be read out of end word adds as
                          Slovya . And if it is so we read that same sentence now have got its different meaning .
                          Thessaloniki people can speak pure Slavonic.”...
                          Salonika people are speaking pure about Jesus or
                          "All of the Salonika already been accepted the word Slovo and are fully Slavicised i.e. are in Christianity "
                          On this way analysed, we are reading an answer why Slavs people appearing in Salonika even as the "theory of invasion" strictly claiming that " Salonika never failed" .

Once more to make clear .
                          Slavs people living at Salonika at that time are not invaders from outside but are native and are Slovo follow citizens

1. Pannonian Legends ,The Life of Methodius
                          Link

Pannonian Legends
                          Last edited by Goce Homer MakeDonski; 03-24-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                            • Feb 2016

At that way observed we could succeed in dealing with these process of becoming prominent and could say that their is no difference between these two explanations

Sloveni
                            [/QUOTE]
                            Simply because Sloveni are "people who speak the same words and those words are religious and about Jesus and are about Slovo to whom they belong .

Comment

Working...
                            X