X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

ZEMELE - Phrygian goddest

It's important for us since the cult of the Great Mother / Magna Mater was most present in the Balkans and Minor Asia (ANA(mother in turkish)TOLIA) where the phrygian people lived.

Semele
    daughter of Cadmus and mother of Dionysus, from L., from Gk. Semele, a Thraco-Phrygian earth goddess, from Phrygian Zemele "mother of the earth," probably cognate with O.C.S. zemlja "earth," L. humus "earth, ground, soil."

The online etymology dictionary (etymonline) is the internet's go-to source for quick and reliable accounts of the origin and history of English words, phrases, and idioms. It is professional enough to satisfy academic standards, but accessible enough to be used by anyone.

Zemele is an ancient root word that exists only in the Slavonic languages.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Semele
    Last edited by Bratot; 04-18-2010, 03:20 PM.
    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Serdarot
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
      ZEMELE - Phrygian goddest

It's important for us since the cult of the Great Mother / Magna Mater was most present in the Balkans and Minor Asia (ANA(mother in turkish)TOLIA) where the phrygian people lived.

Semele
      daughter of Cadmus and mother of Dionysus, from L., from Gk. Semele, a Thraco-Phrygian earth goddess, from Phrygian Zemele "mother of the earth," probably cognate with O.C.S. zemlja "earth," L. humus "earth, ground, soil."

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?l=s&p=13
      Ana-Dol(ia)

Make-Don(ia)

Without any references, i dare to claim both names are very connected and similar, probably meaning the same, Mother-Land, the Land of the Mother (Godess)

some1 pls proove me wrong

edit:

majtapot na strana, to so Zemele / Zemia e edna od nasokite kon koja bi trebalo da se orientiraat nasite "uceni glavi"

tolku mnogu statui uste od neolitsko vreme, a ko sho pisa, samo vo "slavski" (Makedonski) ima znacenje (mislis "Slavic" , not "Slavonic", ili?)

ko tolku mnogu drugi raboti...

edit 2:

za Zemele od "lingvisticko-etimoloshki aspekt", odnosno etimologija i istorija na zborot, ke pastiram pokasno i tuka

poz
      Last edited by Serdarot; 04-18-2010, 03:34 PM.
      Bratot:
      Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Homer MakeDonski
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
        That's how you should backup all the posts, it means less in credibility if there is no reference.

However.. we need an English translation too.
        You are o.right Bratot
        I do know what to do,as well as how to do it.
        Biggest problem to me is my spare time.

Comment

• Homer MakeDonski
          • Jan 2010

Comparative method

In linguistics, the comparative method is a technique for studying the development of languages by performing a feature-by-feature comparison of two or more languages, as opposed to the method of internal reconstruction, which analyzes the internal development of a single language over time.[1] Ordinarily both methods are used together to reconstruct prehistoric phases of languages, to fill in gaps in the historical record of a language, to discover the development of phonological, morphological, and other linguistic systems, and to confirm or refute hypothesized relationships between languages.
          The comparative method was developed over the 19th century. Key contributions were made by the Danish scholars Rasmus Rask and Karl Verner and the German scholar Jacob Grimm. The first linguist to offer reconstructed forms from a proto-language was August Schleicher, in his Compendium der vergleichenden Grammatik der indogermanischen Sprachen, originally published in 1861.[2]
          Subjectivity of the reconstruction

The reconstruction of unknown proto-languages is inherently subjective. In the Proto-Algonquian example above, the choice of *m as the parentphoneme is only likely, not certain. It is conceivable that a Proto-Algonquian language with *b in those positions split into two branches, one which preserved *b and one which changed it to *m instead; and while the first branch only developed into Arapaho, the second spread out wider and developed into all the other Algonquian tribes. It is also possible that the nearest common ancestor of the Algonquian languages used some other sound instead, such as *p, which eventually mutated to *b in one branch and to *m in the other. Since reconstruction involves many of these choices, some linguists prefer to view the reconstructed features as abstract representations of sound correspondences, rather than as objects with a historical time and place.
          The existence of proto-languages and the validity of the comparative method is verifiable in cases where the reconstruction can be matched to a known language, which may only be known as a shadow in the loanwords of another language. For example Baltic-Finnic languages such as Finnish have borrowed many words from an early stage of Germanic, and the shape of the loans matches the forms that have been reconstructed for Proto-Germanic. Finnish kuningas 'king' and kaunis 'beautiful' match the Germanic reconstructions *kuningaz and *skauniz(>German König 'king', schön 'beautiful').[65]

Notes
          1-Lehmann,Winfred P.” Theoretical Bases of Indo-European Linguistics.” 1993. London: Routledge. , pp. 31 ff.
          [2] Lehmann,Winfred P.” Theoretical Bases of Indo-European Linguistics.” 1993. London: Routledge. ... p. 26.

[65] - Kylstra, A. D.; Sirkka-Liisa, Hahmo; Hofstra, Tette; Nikkilä, Osmo (1996) (in German). Lexikon der älteren germanischen Lehnwörter in den ostseefinnischen Sprachen.Band II: K-O. Amsterdam, Atlanta: Rodopi B.V....
          p. 62 for KAUNIS, p. 122 for KUNINGAS.

Comment

• Serdarot
            • Feb 2010

Patient in Asklepios

so, here i am again

after the small health problems i had big problem , i was hit by a car, had to spend several weeks in hospital, but i survived, and doing every day better and better

i was a patient in a hospital named "Asklepios" (Asclepius) , the "greek" God of Medicine...

when i was able to talk, i first explained to the nurses and few doctors the meaning of the clinic name... couse they didnīt knew what it means

seems that i am one of the few persons worldwide who understand Makedonski?

The etymology of the name is unknown.

klepe
            krepe / krepi
            krpi
            sklepa
            sklepano
            zakrepna
            zakrepeno
            zakrpeno

etc...

for meaning of the above Macedonian Words, pls ask your parents and Grandparents, i have only one "healthy" hand atm, so even this writing is cousing me pains...

pati-ent (pacient)

pati-ent PATI

pati = suffer

have a nice day
            Bratot:
            Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Serdarot, Bless you, prayers for a speedy recovery, so sorry to hear of your unfortunate accident.
              so Gospod pomozh, may you be better very soon
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Sorry to hear of your accident Serdarot. Ouch!
                Nice to see you still see it as a learning experience!
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

Abre junak si Serdare! If it doesn't kill you it will only make you stronger!
                  Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Serdarot
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Sorry to hear of your accident Serdarot. Ouch!
                    Nice to see you still see it as a learning experience!
                    Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                    If it doesn't kill you it will only make you stronger!
                    exactly broīs

iīve learned that my head is hard to crush, they learned many things

one more experiance, and many people confronted with the FACT that on MY language both terms (Asclepios and Patient) have perfectly clear and logic meaning.

i hope our Greek friends will have the guts to comment this, how come so many "greek" Gods and words are explaniable in / on Macedonian, but still have "unknown ethymology"?
                    Bratot:

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Sorry to hear your accident m8, hope you are fully recovered now?

but it`s nice to see a fellow "words junkie" as alive and still kicking

Comment

• Serdarot
                        • Feb 2010

Spartan?

some other Greek member?

no comment?

any idea why / how come so many "greek" Gods and words are not explainable in / with your language, but are perfectly explainable and logic on our, Macedonian Language?
                        Bratot:

Comment

• Serdarot
                          • Feb 2010

Holy Bible - Bible

i know that Spartan is one of the few our southern neighbors - members, but i donīt understand why he/they is/are not debating with us on this subject, better said they avoid such debates.

sticking the head in the sand will not make the Lion to disapear

anyway, i hope God will gave them wisdom and guts to confront the paradoxal reality in which they are living...

Holy Bible - Biblie - Biblia - Библиа - Вивлиа / βιβλία

The online etymology dictionary (etymonline) is the internet's go-to source for quick and reliable accounts of the origin and history of English words, phrases, and idioms. It is professional enough to satisfy academic standards, but accessible enough to be used by anyone.

from Anglo-L. biblia, from M.L./L.L. biblia (neuter plural interpreted as fem. singular), in phrase biblia sacra "holy books," a translation of Gk. ta biblia to hagia "the holy books," from Gk. biblion "paper, scroll," the ordinary word for "book," originally a dim. of byblos "Egyptian papyrus," possibly so called from Byblos (modern Jebeil, Lebanon), the name of the Phoenician port from which Egyptian papyrus was exported to Greece
                          wiki:

This stemmed from the Greek term τὰ βιβλία τὰ ἅγια (ta biblia ta hagia), "the holy books", which derived from βιβλίον (biblion),[6] "paper" or "scroll," the ordinary word for "book",
                          Vi-Vlia
                          Vi-Vlia
                          Vi-Vlia

Vi-Vli-On
                          Vi-Vli-On
                          Vi-Vli-On

da Vi-Vlia znaenje, ili svakjate sami?

for those who donīt speak Makedonski...

Vlia, Vlie, Vlea, Vli = turam, vleam, dadam, isturam, izLIAM, naLEA, odLEA-odLIA, poLEA-poLIA; eng. pour, mold, spill, cast, shed, lay, splash ; germ. gießen

oxi ellinika
                          oxi ellines

Makedonski
                          Makedones

Knigata Vi Vlia znaenje, ako e Sveta Kniga, togas Vi Vlia Slovo Bozje

Po-Zdrav i Gospod da ve Blago-Slovi
                          Last edited by Serdarot; 06-16-2010, 04:21 AM.
                          Bratot:

Comment

• Spartan
                            • Sep 2008

Serdarot, I have no idea/clue on these matters.
                            I assume you are tring to show that Macedonian is older than Greek with these etymologies?
                            Power to you, and good luck.
                            It would take someone with alot more knowledge than me about these things to prove you wrong, or verify you are correct.

Just out of curiosity, are all these etymologies for the words you choose your own ideas, or have you read about them in a book or something?

Comment

• Serdarot
                              • Feb 2010

before all, pls do not understand this as "attack"

not trying to proove that Makedonski is older than modern Greek, it is so clear it is, if you have checked >>>Macedonian Language - 16th Century<<<

the modern Greek language is created soon after the creation of post-Ottoman Greece, at least 2 centuries after the mentioned writings about the Macedonian Dialects in Egejska.

Based on "Demotiki" and (the older) Koine.

The perfect logic ethymologies of "greek" words with help of Macedonian language / explanations, are opening the question:

- if the todays Macedonians are succesors of illiterate unalphabet Slavs who came from behind the Karpati in the period between the 6th and 8th century AD, how come so many words from both, "ancient greek" (Koine), and modern Greek, have perfect meaning in their (our, Macedonian) language, but not in "by God given language of the Divine Greek Race"?

if those settlers received - started to use part of the natives language, it should be vice-versa, most of the words should be explainable in Greek.

Modern, as well as "ancient greek" (Koine), are full of "ethymology unknown" / "Archaic".

And many of the given greek explanations / ethymologies are not only hilarious - unlogic, they are proven to be wrong, by serious scientist.

I am not "Macedono-centrist", i dont believe we are the cradle of civilisation, democracy etc, i am simply sick of the ignorance and lies spread by "phil-hellenes" and "pan-hellenes", and the nationalistic and rasist policy coming out of your country - Republic of Greece.

Yesterday the Prime Minister of Great Britain appologised for the "Bloody Sunday", no metter he has no personal quilt in that masacr.

I donīt think you are quilty for the crimes Greeks made over Macedonians in the past.

I donīt want your appology.

I just ask you, when you gonna start think logic and with dose of self-critic?

When you (as nation) gonna stop support the fascist policy spread by your country, your government, your scientists and scollars?

When will the Greek State admit itīs mistakes, and stop celebrating people who made crimes against the Humanity? (Melas for example, or Karavangelis)

Rodi-ta is Macedonian, or if you prefer "Slavic"

the base is "Rod"

Na-rod
                              Po-rod
                              Rod-nina
                              Rod-ina

Af-Rodi-ta

is Makedonski, not Greek

So long i am trying to explain that to your officials, nothing will change.

When YOU, the modern Greeks, start ask questions, for example, why has Afrodita perfect explanation in "Skopianiki" , but not in "Eliniki", things will start to change.

Friendly Greetings

Georgi - Jorgo - Goce

p.s.

i would be happy if some modern Greek who is good with linguistic and ethymology join the forum and this debates.

again, it is not the purpose to proove whoīs older of "proto"

purpose is to stop with the crap that is cousing so many suffering.

edit 2:

answer if my ideas or i have read:

i have read some material , but since i speak & understand (very good) many Macedonian Dialects, i simply understand the words.

like Asklepios. i did not needed to think about it, i understand what it means
                              Last edited by Serdarot; 06-16-2010, 07:55 AM.
                              Bratot:

Comment

• julie
                                • May 2009

Serdarot, you are awesome
                                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

Working...
                                X