Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Macedonian_Nationalist
    • Jul 2012

Congrats to phoenix for winning the footy tipping comp. I reckon if there was an extra week I would've got you

and Go Tigers for Sunday! What a turnaround

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
      Congrats to phoenix for winning the footy tipping comp. I reckon if there was an extra week I would've got you

and Go Tigers for Sunday! What a turnaround
      Macedonian_Nationalist, I knew you were going to come at me strongly, I know you finish games off well.
      I had to keep to my plan and to my structures and just play it one week at a time.
      Each week I focused on the little things, the one percenters, the non-negotiables of tipping.
      It's been a long year but I know there's no room for complacency and I have to keep improving for next season.
      I'd like to thank all the other competitors for some great tussles over the entire season.

Comment

• sydney
        • Sep 2008

Great effort by the mighty bloods on winning the minor premiership. And looking forward to adding another flag to the collection.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
          • Jan 2010

A RESERVOIR resident has achieved his goal of building a Macedonian team to compete in the upcoming Australian Football World Cup.

Michael Popovski, 31, said this would be the first time a Macedonian team took to the field in next month’s competition, an extension of the Harmony Cup.

“A good friend of mine had organised the team for the Vietnamese last year, and I thought ‘Well, why don’t I organise something for the Macedonian community?’,” Mr Popovski said.

“The Macedonian community has never been represented in the competition, so we’ll be the inaugural team.

“We just thought it would be a great community initiative.”

To compete in the tournament players, or their parents or grandparents, must have been born in the country they represent, and must be at least 16 years old.

Mr Popovski said the Macedonian team, named the Suns, would be made up of past and present local footy players, and would include a handful that had never played football but wanted to give it a shot.

“I don’t want to sound cliche, but we’re going to try our best in every game we play,” Mr Popovski said.

Mr Popovski said team Macedonia’s main aim for the tournament would be to represent the spirit of their country.

“It’s the pride of wearing the country’s jumper,” Mr Popovski said.

The round robin-style cup will be held on March 29 at Royal Park, Parkville.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/n...151ba5ac8f1153
          This is a great idea, well done to the boys who organised it.

There's also a facebook group to follow their progress. Seems like a lot of prep-work has gone into this.
          Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
            This is a great idea, well done to the boys who organised it.

There's also a facebook group to follow their progress. Seems like a lot of prep-work has gone into this.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/766589280081413/
            Playing for the ventilator

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

Playing for the ventilator
              MN
              Great idea...but ventialtor? wtf!
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• sydney
                • Sep 2008

From the Facebook feed, it appears the boys have organised themselves very well and procured some sponsorship dollars, which is excellent work for a personal initiative. The feed also shows good process work in jersey and logo design efforts. When I first saw the final jersey I thought it looked great as it is very striking. At the same time I felt our national (sun) symbol would be just as striking and have greater relevance considering the team is not playing under the structures of the Macedonian state. However, they have made a decision and should be supported by all Macedonians for their excellent initiative.

It appears the group also ran a poll to select the name, with Suns trumping Lions and Marvels. My opinion is that Marvels would have resonated nicely with the wider AFL community and fan base, and offered additional credibility to the new venture. But opinions are easy when standing on the outside looking in, so once again, well done to all the organisers and participants – they should be congratulated on actively marketing Macedonia within Australia.

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                  MN
                  Great idea...but ventialtor? wtf!
                  What is the reason they're playing under the ventilator ? Sramota imo

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

What is the reason they're playing under the ventilator ? Sramota imo
                    MN
                    No idea, other than it is the current flag of FYROM.
                    Which in my eyes is a bloody good reason not use the Ventialtor!
                    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• VMRO
                      • Sep 2008

I think they chose the ventilator so it can give them a winning edge against their opponents as it will be cooling them down during their summer games.
                      Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                        I think they chose the ventilator so it can give them a winning edge against their opponents as it will be cooling them down during their summer games.
                        VMRO
                        hahahahahaha.......only thing it's useful for...ventilating!

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                          • Jan 2010

*Yawn....too easy.

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                            *Yawn....too easy.
                            ...a week is a long time in football.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              ...a week is a long time in football.
                              Indeed it is. Even longer for others.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Surprised some of the AFL followers didn't mention this on Saturday, but congratulations to the Doggies on their historic win.
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X