• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delodephius
    • Sep 2008

Smart man.
    अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
    उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
    This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
    But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Giorikas View Post
      Thanks,

No particular reason. It looked like most of the members there knew each other for years and have been going around in circles for years too, and I found the reactions to be very predictable most of the time. Not because he is Greek, but I found Sportster to be a good example of an exception to the 'Professional Macedonians' and 'Professional Greeks'. The one Macedonian I know and the many Greeks I know are not like that. Some of them might be very interested in history and to a large extent proud of what they are, but not to an extent that this problem it is something they had 24/7 on their mind.
      I agreed to disagree with the Macedonian (Cedo) and both us of being far away from home found that we had more in common with each other then with the locals so we left it at that.

That's generally my problem with that kind of forums (even if I can never exclude joining them at some point).
      The Greek members will always favour the Greek members, and the Macedonian do the same from their side.
      In the end there is no dialogue at all because it always leads to the guest being banned for whatever pretext admistrators can find. It's for this reason that I am asking these questions and if I am not convinced that some sort of impartiality is guaranteed, then I will not stay here long time. The forum will be yours with no-one to oppose your views and that would not add quality to it.
      As for this forum, as for other forums I believe that your reason for existance as a forum depends for certain extent on members from the other side, that's what makes it interesting to read (speaking for myself who followed from the sidelines).
      I get easily bored by Greeks repeating the same thing aswell as by Macedonians doing the same thing. It adds nothing to what I have read before most of the time.

If this were my site I would invite not more then 2 administrators that you trust from each side to make sure that it works in a more or less fair way. (To be clear, I am not applying and wouldn't have the time for it) Too many administrators make up their own little rules along the way. You'd be surprised how well that would work.

Hope that answers your question,

Take care,

Giorikas
      I am satisfied Giorikas, thank you.
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

If this were my site I would invite not more then 2 administrators that you trust from each side to make sure that it works in a more or less fair way. (To be clear, I am not applying and wouldn't have the time for it) Too many administrators make up their own little rules along the way. You'd be surprised how well that would work.
        Giorikas, the world is not ready for your positive suggestion yet.
        The Macedonian perspective is yet to be heard and appreciated. As a consequence, it would be a very uneven footing. There is more to discuss on this issue, please start a separate thread about it and lets discuss.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Giorikas
          • Sep 2008

Jawohl, but how do I do that

Comment

• fatso
            • Sep 2008

Welcome Georgy...Are we the only Greeks left ?

Comment

• pelagonia
              • Sep 2008

I am confused, does this forum give more rights to the grchishta or less?
              ''The figures of SS. Kiril and Metodi, and St. Clement and St. Naum of Ohrid are shining examples to the sons of Macedonia, whom a glorious future awaits on the day that Macedonia, united and free, takes her place as a member with equal rights of the family of the Balkan peoples." Krste Petkov Misirkov, 1913.

Comment

• Giorikas
                • Sep 2008

Hey Fatso,

Yeah looks like that. I have been a bad boy though and I have been exposed & need to take you as an example. I have pretended to be nice and all to make things worse.

Take care file

Comment

• Delodephius
                  • Sep 2008

Азъ нє боѭ сѧ противьника,
                  бо оумъ моіа сила ѥстъ!
                  Азъ нє боѭ сѧ съмрьти,
                  бо наша сила присна ѥстъ!
                  अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                  उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                  This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                  But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Sarafot
                    • Dec 2008

Hello Soldier of Macedon

I am new here and have been following this site aswell as Maknews. Also I have never registered or written at Maknews.

It is clear for me that I have to follow your rules. I will therefore refer to you as Macedonian (ethnically, nationally, culturally and linguistically).

Could you just clarify your message (especially since you are an administrator):

Will you, as you say in your message, actively take action against those who refer to Greeks in an insulting way, or for that matter anything else then Greek or Hellenes? (since as you mention that you want to respect us as Greeks).

For the rest, I am Greek living outside of Greece but in Europe and as I mentioned, I have never participated actively on ANY forum for that matter (neither Greek forums). I am not a Greek Macedonian and have no Macedonian roots. I have 1 Macedonian friend but we unfortunately don't have the chance so much to see each other.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Giorikas
                    I know many Greeks like you,amd i respect them,but majority is not like you,any way am rather friend with Greek than Squip or Turk
                    We have many mutual things,in history,culture ....

Have a nice time here
                    Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                    - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Sarafot
                      • Dec 2008

Hi Jankovska,

Thanks, I'll do my best regardless of whether I get any respect back, but that wasn't the question and neither are you an administrator (with the ability to ban me)

Before participating I think it's important that we make those things clear.
                      I have read by several people that the rules were simple: I have to refer to you as Macedonians (Etc)because otherwise that would be considered offensive. Very simple & fair enough.
                      I see in other threads a whole bunch of Greeks being banned. One of them for quoting from Wikipedia, haven't had time to check why the others have been banned.
                      Should we not for clarity sake add this rule (no Wikipedia quotes) for all to follow (and in future) with the same reseult for all, regardless of their nationality? You might get the impression that refeering to you as Macedonians, your country as Macedonia etc was all there was too it, but it seems rules are being made up as we go along (in most cases that has lead to Greeks being banned). Am I allowed to disagree with Macedonians on this forum or not?

And I repeat my question; can the administrators please confirm that the Greek identity will be respected too (Thus we will be referred to as Greeks or Hellenes) as Soldier of Macedon kindly mentioned in his message. He didn't have to do that since it's your site, but he did.
                      That means of course that the same consequences would apply for those who do not follow that rule. Its a matter of common courtacy.

Thanks,

Giorikas
                      I garant for my self that i will respect world Greek like i allways do ,but can you do thae same thing?
                      Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• lvintra
                        • Jan 2009

I cannt diened your right to call yourself what ever you want dut your state isnt Macedonia and you dont speak Macedonian, your language wasnt developed naturally over centuries from the motherlanguage of ancientmacedonians.

Comment

• lvintra
                          • Jan 2009

I am new(my first forum) and agree with Giorikas."Macedonians" can right what ever they want if i have disagree i will banned?

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by lvintra View Post
                            I cannt diened your right to call yourself what ever you want dut your state isnt Macedonia and you dont speak Macedonian, your language wasnt developed naturally over centuries from the motherlanguage of ancientmacedonians.
                            wooow, what did you just say?

please try again or your stay here will be a short one.

WHAT ARE WE?

WHAT IS OUR LANGUAGE CALLED?

WHAT IS THE NAME OF OUR REPUBLIC?

Kala?

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

I am new(my first forum) and agree with Giorikas."Macedonians" can right what ever they want if i have disagree i will banned?
                              Why do you use "" in connection with our ethnic name which is Macedonians.

Comment

• Sarafot
                                • Dec 2008

All you have to do is not to insult us,and no one will insult you,that is for shure?! Ask admins?

Comment

Working...
                                X