X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Jason Miko and the movie - A name is a name

Kino Milenium will be hosting the film, Jason Miko is in Skopje promoting it.

Risto, Do you recall who that 14 year old kid was in Adelaide when he said that he is proud to be Macedonian?

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.
  • Daniel the Great
    • Nov 2009

Great news but why did Macedonia have to wait so long to get this premiere? why did the diaspora countries have it shown faster?

I think it would of been appropriate to show the movie/documentary in Macedonia before anywhere else.

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Daniel, If you watched the footage i provided, Jason Miko clearly points out that the purpose of the documentary is for non Macedonians to get a clearer picture on this name dispute. I think they've done the right thing.
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
        Daniel, If you watched the footage i provided, Jason Miko clearly points out that the purpose of the documentary is for non Macedonians to get a clearer picture on this name dispute. I think they've done the right thing.

Yes that's fair enough but it couldn't of been much none Macedonians who saw this film surely.

Prolet, they could of done exactly what they have done but just started with Macedonia instead of other countries.

It is not a big issue but that's what i think.
        I would like to make it clear, i am not putting the film down i am just expressing my point of view.

I haven't yet seen the film, but i can tell it's a great one.

Comment

• fyrOM
          Banned
          • Feb 2010

You may be thinking of etiquette and maybe the country the film refers to should be the first to see it or where the producers are from but in this case the purpose of the film is to introduce Macedonia to non Macedonians and we shouldn’t delay the truth in the propaganda war after all there is not much need to convince the Macedonians in RoM that they are Macedonian.

Hopefully this name issue will pass and Macedonians will be vindicated and there will be other films which will have the time to follow film release etiquette. You are right that it should have started in RoM but no one need take exception given the Macedonians exceptional circumstances.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
            Risto, Do you recall who that 14 year old kid was in Adelaide when he said that he is proud to be Macedonian?
            I know him very well, he was over my place last Friday night.
            Was he mentioned somewhere?
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Risto, Sure, on the footage i provided

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                You may be thinking of etiquette and maybe the country the film refers to should be the first to see it or where the producers are from but in this case the purpose of the film is to introduce Macedonia to non Macedonians and we shouldn’t delay the truth in the propaganda war after all there is not much need to convince the Macedonians in RoM that they are Macedonian.

Hopefully this name issue will pass and Macedonians will be vindicated and there will be other films which will have the time to follow film release etiquette. You are right that it should have started in RoM but no one need take exception given the Macedonians exceptional circumstances.
                Its also important that non-Macedonians are involved in telling these stories and making these films...its hard to generate international interest in the Macedonian story without bloodshed, unfortunately bad news sells...

Then theres the financial perspective, theres more money to be made in the diaspora who are absolutely starving for this sort of outside recognition of our plight...

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                  • Oct 2009

Chicago Premiere of A Name is A Name

Buy your tickets at: https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quic...d&formId=90167

For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                  http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                  Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                  Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                  Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                    • Sep 2010

Is this going to come out in Melbourne?

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                      • Oct 2009

Its showing at the Macedonian Film Festival in Melbourne this weekend...there are 2 screenings on October 23rd.

See: http://www.macedonianfilmfestival.com.au/2010/

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                        • Sep 2010

These festivals are always far away. When is it going to come out on dvd or bluray?

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                          • Oct 2009

Apparently, in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
                            These festivals are always far away. When is it going to come out on dvd or bluray?
                            Jason, took a major personal financial risk and the movie is nowhere near being covered. Macedonian organizations can help by buying the DVD in bulk and then using it to promote our cause.
                            http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Frank
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2010

Clearly any Macedonian that doesn't buy this Video inst part of the cause

Comment

Working...
                              X