X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe

FM Milososki: Next OSCE chair-country, Greece to resolve challenges with commitment

Helsinki, December 5 (MIA) - Macedonia expects from the next OSCE chair-country, Greece to resolve challenges and tasks with firm commitment and skill, without being afraid to accept diversities and feelings of the neighboring nation, said Foreign Minister Antonio Milososki in his address at the second day of the 16th session of the OSCE Ministerial Council, MIA reports from Helsinki.

"The OSCE Presidency must not be afraid of accepting diversities and feelings of the neighboring nation. I would like to assure them that Macedonia is ready to provide full support to the promotion of multilateralism as an efficient tool for settlement of regional and global problems, as we did during Macedonia's UN General Assembly chairmanship", stated FM Milososki.

He stressed that Macedonia remains firmly committed to NATO accession and its dedicated partner, adding that the Government would resume name talks under UN auspices.

Reminding on the NATO Bucharest Summit final conclusions, Milososki said that Macedonia did not obtain the invitation because it was obstructed by a member-state due to a bilateral issue, or more precisely, the invitation has been delayed until a mutually acceptable solution to the Macedonia-Greece name row is found.

According to Milososki, OSCE remains a political instrument in dealing with complex, existing and possible challenges, whereas an appropriate response requires strengthening of dialogue based on same values.

"Macedonia firmly supports OSCE's important role as a principle mechanism in preventing conflicts and post-conflict situations, as was the case following the Georgia conflict this August", stated the Macedonian Foreign Minister.

Pertaining to Kosovo, Milososki emphasized that Macedonia joined the group of countries that have recognized its independence in the hope this would ultimately lead to regional stabilization and joint European and Euro-Atlantic future, adding that relations with neighboring Serbia remain a top priority. In this context, he said that Macedonia fully supports OSCE's presence at Kosovo, aimed at democratic development and stability.

Finland hands over the OSCE Presidency to Greece at the beginning of 2009.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

How will this have any impact on us? Are the Greeks able to have more pull after they assume this role in a few months? Just made a quick google search, and the following Wiki info came up:

The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) is the world's largest security-oriented intergovernmental organization. Its mandate includes issues such as arms control, human rights, freedom of the press, and fair elections. Most of its 3,500-plus staff are engaged in field operations, with only around 10% in its headquarters.
    Is that right? So the next time elections are held in Greece there can be a 'Macedonian Party of Rights', which will have freedom to the press and fair elections?

2009 is making for a very interesting and important year, alot of changes have taken place in Macedonia, Greece and Western political dynamics.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Venom
      • Sep 2008

A Macedonian party in greece? I'll believe it when I see it.
      S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

I have been to a few Macedonian parties in Greece.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TerraNova
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          Is that right? So the next time elections are held in Greece there can be a 'Macedonian Party of Rights', which will have freedom to the press and fair elections?
          Hello!
          There is a Macedonian party in Greece.
          And takes some 2.000 votes.
          (Population of Greece 11.000.000-Population of Geek Macedonia 2.450.000)

Comment

• Jankovska
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
            Hello!
            But there are still no Macedonians in Greece a?

Comment

• makedonin
              • Sep 2008

the way I see it, the Grks will use their position to mock ROM for not giving rights of the Shiptars maybe even promote the Human Rights of the supposed Greeks in ROM and push how ROM is non democratic and elections are mass and stuff.
              To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Hello!
                1) By your own self-admission there IS a Macedonian party in Greece, hence Macedonians.
                2) Greece does not call nor allow this party to call itself Macedonian, even though you just did. HELLO!!!
                3) The amount of votes the party takes does not indicate the amount of Macedonians in Greece.

Comment

• TerraNova
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008

1) By your own self-admission there IS a Macedonian party in Greece, hence Macedonians*.
                  2) Greece does not call nor allow this party to call itself Macedonian, even though you just did. HELLO!!!
                  3) The amount of votes the party takes does not indicate the amount of Macedonians in Greece.
                  1)2)Of course there is -who says the opposite?
                  Greece does not allow it???Are you serious ?Who stopped them to declare what they want and name their party as Macedonian??
                  They have their conference these days,as a Macedonian party.

Of course they have the right of self determination ad they practise it,but this doesn't force the Greek state to recognize a minority called Macedonian.

If a solution for the name was found-like Slav Macedonians,NewMacedonians,UpperMacedonians or Martian Macedonians , things would be much easier for a recognition of a minority.

3)It's evidence-not proof.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Of course there is -who says the opposite?
                    The Greek state says the opposite, most Greek people say the opposite, both these components however make for a delusional thought process leading to the moronic and pitiful frame of mind it infact is.
                    Greece does not allow it???Are you serious ?Who stopped them to declare what they want and name their party as Macedonian??
                    So you are telling me, that if Vinozito wanted to officially change their name to the 'Macedonian Party', there would be no objection and outcry from all segments of Greek society, not least the legal system, which would reject it without a thought? Are you serious? I think you are in some sort of wierd semi-denial.
                    It's evidence-not proof.
                    1)2)
                    Try and get the 1) and 2) in the proper placing first, before you proceed to generously provide your laughable advice of irrelevance.
                    If a solution for the name was found-like Slav Macedonians,NewMacedonians,UpperMacedonians or Martian Macedonians , things would be much easier for a recognition of a minority.
                    None of the above will ever be accepted as the name of my people, we are and only will be Macedonians. If there are those that may display symptoms of creatures from another planet, like your martians, you may want to take a look in the mirror.

Millions of Greeks around the world can bitch and believe whatever fantasies they like, Macedonia, the Macedonian people, and the Macedonian language exist and are a reality. The main message that the millions of Macedonians around the world have for the Greeks is simple: WE WILL NEVER CHANGE OUR MACEDONIAN NAME. Each to their own, you people have no right over us.

Comment

• TerraNova
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2008

The Greek state says the opposite, most Greek people say the opposite, both these components however make for a delusional thought process leading to the moronic and pitiful frame of mind it infact is.
                      The right of self declaration of a party as ethnic Macedonian-or every individual's too- has NOTHING to do with an official recognition by the Greek state of a minority as Macedonian.
                      This would deny the identity of all Greek Macedonians-as it would strangely recognize exclusivity of the term on a really small part of the population.

I m not trying to .."persuade" you! I am just trying to give you what is exactly my point of view.
                      It's a matter of understanding.
                      There is no winner in it.

So you are telling me, that if Vinozito wanted to officially change their name to the 'Macedonian Party', there would be no objection and outcry from all segments of Greek society, not least the legal system, which would reject it without a thought? Are you serious? I think you are in some sort of wierd semi-denial.
                      RAINBOW is the political organization of the Macedonian ethnic minority living within the boundaries of the Greek state, and engaged in the country's domestic political scene

EUROPEAN FREE ALLIANCE-RAINBOW
                      POLITICAL PARTY OF THE MACEDONIAN MINORITY IN GREECE.

None of the above will ever be accepted as the name of my people, we are and only will be Macedonians. If there are those that may display symptoms of creatures from another planet, like your martians, you may want to take a look in the mirror.

Millions of Greeks around the world can bitch and believe whatever fantasies they like, Macedonia, the Macedonian people, and the Macedonian language exist and are a reality. The main message that the millions of Macedonians around the world have for the Greeks is simple: WE WILL NEVER CHANGE OUR MACEDONIAN NAME. Each to their own, you people have no right over us.
                      You don't have to be upset.
                      This is your view.
                      Last edited by TerraNova; 12-08-2008, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• Rogi
                        • Sep 2008

The Right to self-determination is without pre-conditions. It is a fundamental Human Right.

If you do not understand that, as you clearly do not, then without a doubt you will maintain your innocence whilst denying the Rights of my people.

But whether you understand it or not, whether you accept it or not, whether you deny it or not, you are still wrong and you are denying the Human Rights of the Macedonian minority.

Comment

• TerraNova
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                          The Right to self-determination is without pre-conditions. It is a fundamental Human Right.

If you do not understand that, as you clearly do not, then without a doubt you will maintain your innocence whilst denying the Rights of my people.

But whether you understand it or not, whether you accept it or not, whether you deny it or not, you are still wrong and you are denying the Human Rights of the Macedonian minority.
                          The Right of SELF-Determination is a Human Right. Every individual is free to express it in Greece.

The Macedonian ethnic minority in Greece is a more complicated matter though ,for the following TWO reasons.

1)Name.

As the Greek state is impossible to recognize exclusivity over the name Macedonia to a small number of its citizens,since the name problem is not solved,Greece will never recognize a minority as Macedonian.

2)Self determination.Absence of villages with pure population who claim to be Macedonian.

The remaining Slavic speakers in Greek Macedonia (and their descendants with Greek as mother tongue) do NOT have a common ethnic consiousness.
                          MOST of them self determine as Greek ,while a minority as Macedonians ,and an even small proportion as Bulgarians.
                          There are not whole villages with a common determination.
                          It happens even in the same family ,one brother to declare Greek and the other Macedonian or Bulgarian !

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

This would deny the identity of all Greek Macedonians-as it would strangely recognize exclusivity of the term on a really small part of the population.
                            Seriously, define a Greek Macedonian. I honestly want to know.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TerraNova
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              Seriously, define a Greek Macedonian. I honestly want to know.
                              Define me the term Macedonian first.

Comment

Working...
                              X