X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
    Disagree that it's solely about the EU as the independence movement has been strong all decade and Brexit is very recent.

As for the vote fixing, it was caught on film. There can be observers sure but when they choose to turn a blind eye then what?
    So the pro independence observers turned a blind eye? How did the video get out if everyone was turning a blind eye? Who took it? Who released it? Maybe observers? That's the whole point of observers - to catch the cheats.

Like I said, next election (doesn't really matter whether its local, state or federal) volunteer to be an observer and you will see how it all works.

I'm sure there's little pet issues out there re Scottish independence and it isn't about the EU for every single individual, but it clearly is for the majority. And Brexit isn't recent. There's been opposition to European integration from the very beginning when Keynes advocated for it in 1920. And the Scottish independence movement is much older than that, but the point was that the majority of Scots now are far too obsessed with the EU. They will do whatever they have to to maintain EU membership.
    Last edited by Vangelovski; 12-16-2019, 04:27 AM.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Karposh
      • Aug 2015

The Scots are a funny bunch. For a seemingly proud nation which celebrate, with an almost religious veneration, all things Scottish - haggis eating, kilt wearing, bag-pipe playing and constant swearing, they are their own worst enemies when it comes to having their very own sovereign and independent Scottish country. I just don't get them.

In the last independence referendum, some of the reasons for it's failure, according to one news report I heard at the time, were that senior citizens were worried about losing their pensions while, among the younger generations, it was concern over falling out of the EU. Naturally, there were plenty of die-hard Scottish nationalists that voted for independence but, unfortunately for them, they were the in the minority and were let down (i.e. betrayed) by the majority of their own countrymen.

Sound familiar?

Comment

Working...
      X