X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnMKD
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    John, if you really are from Italy now, you know your kids could easily become perfect Italians with no regard for what the reality was before them. In the same way, your people adopted the Greek identity. The clues of your people's ancestry are with you and you know them well. Without the Greek blinkers on, you can easily arrive at other conclusions. The only question really is how important is the truth for you.
    As I said in one of my previous posts, Risto, a "eureka" moment cannot provide you with the change itself, but it can start the process for it. My process has commenced and I'm glad for this.
    Truth is definitely of the highest importance for me, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I can now identify myself as Macedonian as well, and this is already a very big step for me. And when I say Macedonian, I mean the way you also mean it.
    PS-I understand your example with Italy. Being abroad was one of the things that helped me open my eyes, for sure.
    Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Mikail
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
      Being abroad was one of the things that helped me open my eyes, for sure.
      What was it you saw John after leaving Greece that made you start to see things differently?

I must say, it is a huge and difficult step you have taken, seeing that you protested in Solun against Macedonians.

I know many of our people in Greece are slowly coming around just as you are. Did you begin discussing this with friends and relatives before you left?
      From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• johnMKD
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
        What was it you saw John after leaving Greece that made you start to see things differently?

I must say, it is a huge and difficult step you have taken, seeing that you protested in Solun against Macedonians.

I know many of our people in Greece are slowly coming around just as you are. Did you begin discussing this with friends and relatives before you left?
        Firstly, I saw many kinds of people living harmonically (Italy is not the first country I've been after leaving Greece). Then slowly slowly I realised that there were other people that I was meeting, that seemed to be closer to me, rather than the Greeks: the way I think, the way I move, the songs I like, even the way I look. These kinds of people were either Turkish or people from the Balkans. This was what made me think back in Greece, the way Greeks believe about us: My Macedonian part is some kind of victims of Bulgarian expansionism for them. My Anatolian part: we left Turkey for being Greeks and we were welcomed in Greece as Turks.
        Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Mikail
          • Sep 2008

Do you now see John that your Anatolian part came to Greece because they were in fact Christian.

Over here in Australia Orthodoxy is seen to be a "Greek" religion. This came about because of the British. When our people migrated to Australia they had to state they were "Greek" Orthodox as a result of the cold war with Russia, so as not to be seen as 'communist'.
          From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• johnMKD
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
            Do you now see John that your Anatolian part came to Greece because they were in fact Christian.

Over here in Australia Orthodoxy is seen to be a "Greek" religion. This came about because of the British. When our people migrated to Australia they had to state they were "Greek" Orthodox as a result of the cold war with Russia, so as not to be seen as 'communist'.
            Yes, I know that now Mikail. I've read also several posts by Onur regarding that.
            I just wanted to stress before that Greeks were either calling us Bulgarians or Turks. They could "see" the difference. Now I can also see it, and I'm happy for this.
            Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

Bump for Greek revisionism.
              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

Working...
              X