X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

what are the benefits of a name change

i am appalled at the prospect of change to nth macedonia, and am wondering how will such a destructive act benefit macedonia and its people in the republic.

if macedonians in the republic believe their lives will improve dramatically then they are mistaken. they should look carefully at what is happening to greece and learn that belonging to the eu doe not guarantee economic stability or prosperity.
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Osiris, Thats just another scam by the Greek Media, we've seen it all before.

They are getting desperate now because their position is weakening.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Only Greece and Bulgaria benifit. Its as simple as that.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Don't look at Greece. We will not have any Olympic games coming to Macedonia any time soon. Look at Bulgaria and observe their poverty and lack of improvement.

The name change will be the final act, it will represent a complete acceptance of Macedonians as being not worthy of an identity. Being sub-human. I simply cannot think of anything worse.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Well Said Risto
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• osiris
            • Sep 2008

i agree guys, but i am still keen to know how any compromise on our name will help the everyday lives of the people in the republic, because one of the most compelling reasons given by the politicians who support a name change is that it will benefit macedonia because it will ensure we join nato the eu blah blah blah.

so what are the possible benefits of belonging to the above organizations and how much will it improve the lifestyle of the citizens of rom.

i cannot see any short term benefits and i dont see how wonderful life has become in places like rumania and bulgaria since their acceptance by the eu.

exactly rtg

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

The politicians will have extraordinary opportunities to create wealth for themselves Osiris. Plain and simple.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
                • Sep 2008

rtg as always you make sense, and thats why i think we need to have this discussion, because they are lying to the people of rom when they propose that things will improve if they compromise on the name to ensure a better material lifestyle.

its exactly as you put it above the final degradation and from then on macedonia will be bullied even more because we have shown that we are weak and compliant.

Comment

• Mastika
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                  i agree guys, but i am still keen to know how any compromise on our name will help the everyday lives of the people in the republic, because one of the most compelling reasons given by the politicians who support a name change is that it will benefit macedonia because it will ensure we join nato the eu blah blah blah.

so what are the possible benefits of belonging to the above organizations and how much will it improve the lifestyle of the citizens of rom.

i cannot see any short term benefits and i dont see how wonderful life has become in places like rumania and bulgaria since their acceptance by the eu.

exactly rtg
                  The people of Macedonia will not benefit at all if the name is changed overnight. People will still face poverty and unemployment will be high. Changing the name will lead to further internal instability and the erosion of the ethnic Macedonian identity.

In the long term, sure Macedonia may get into the EU quicker, but in the long term Macedonia will get it in, name change or not. This will happen with all aspects of foreign policy. Eventually the Greek efforts will run out of steam. Macedonia just has to wait.

Comment

• osiris
                    • Sep 2008

you are spot on mastika.

Comment

• Volk
                      • Sep 2008

The fact that a thread like this exists makes me sick
                      Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Volk, I think you're spot on brother

I feel sick in the guts just thinking about it

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

dont you think its our duty to expose the futility of such an act.

because there are people in macedonia who think that a name change will help their daily life struggle, i want them to know, that nothing will change for those who need change the most.

burying our head in the sand and not confronting those lies is not helpful

Comment

• Volk
                            • Sep 2008

Osiris I perfectly understand your reasoning and angle behind this thread... The facts are that over 80% of Macedonians still do not support this national suicide even though the media has been feeding them lies tells us something.

Then logically it is the siptari who this thread should be aimed at and since I would assume very little come (or none) come to this forum, the thread only softens the idea of "what are we going to get out of it" which should not even cross the Macedonian psyche.
                            Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

thanks for the information volk, but some politicians and political organizations feel that a change under some circumstance is worth it, i want them to know there are no benefits important enough to make us change our historical identity.

Comment

Working...
                              X